Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Misty08 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. And do teenage girls really like Duran Duran??!!

I miss the BT ads with Kris Marshall (Nick from My Family). These new ones are terrible.
    I agree. Those 'Here comes the girls...' ads are an affont to all humanity...full stop! :D

It was mentioned earlier but I'm surprised the ad with the naked-arsed Richmond Ham man ( or could it be Richard Hammond?:eek:) hasn't pro-'cured' more votes for its direness!

Agreed!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Rata1 wrote: »
    Not to mention the updated JR Hartley ad. Eugh!!

You mean the Day V Lately one? :( IMO it lacks all the charm and warmth of the original ad, and its just wrong :cry: Doesnt work :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And FGS will Confused.com STOP with the "YMCA" theme?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought they just meant another piece of card to personalise the wine you bought? :confused: Unless I misunderstood, WTF are Moonpig selling wine for?

You know, that actually makes sense! :D

I have no idea how I came to think they were selling actual wine. :o
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Confused.COM with the huge black animated woman with enormous bouncing breasts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The worst advert on TV at the moment is definately the Go Compare one. It is sooooo annoying, I just want to smash my TV everytime it comes on - luckly for my TV I settle for just pressing the mute button!
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one where they say its NOT a natural part of growing old about bladder problems!
    Apparently it is.
    If your over over 40 and this happens then it is a possibility of this happening then!
    You've identified a starting point!

Scare-mongering again
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some think they're cool and retro by liking stuff from the 80s. This is why you see kids wearing the kind of fashions we wore then and riding BMX bikes.

Thing is, they think they're discovering it for the first time and that it "belongs" to them.

Grr.

If it helps, they're all >25 and some closer to 30... which makes it all the more laughable!
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    I have no idea how I came to think they were selling actual wine. :o

Because they are selling wine/beer/spirits - see < here >
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if it has polluted the TV screens yet..... but there is a Christmas one already on the radio.

Spread the cost of Christmas etc etc.......
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ANYTHING fungal. :mad:
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I know it may seem heartless, but I absolutely despise the charity ads for kids in Africa.

The one with the girl where the voice-over says "she's just a terrified little girl" is the worst because it is far too upsetting.

I think it's an awful ad to show to people. If people want to give, they will give. We don't need to be emotionally blackmailed by our tvs, which are supposed to be for entertainment.

I mean, you'll be sat watching scrubs with some friends and some funny ads come on, then that is just sandwiched in between them and it's really awkward.

It's crap at getting it's message across anyway since I have to switch over the second it comes on because it's too upsetting.

They took the emotional blackmail, tugging at the heartstrings thing too far and now I just can't tollerate it for more than 2 seconds :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I know it may seem heartless, but I absolutely despise the charity ads for kids in Africa.

The one with the girl where the voice-over says "she's just a terrified little girl" is the worst because it is far too upsetting.

I think it's an awful ad to show to people. If people want to give, they will give. We don't need to be emotionally blackmailed by our tvs, which are supposed to be for entertainment.

I mean, you'll be sat watching scrubs with some friends and some funny ads come on, then that is just sandwiched in between them and it's really awkward.

It's crap at getting it's message across anyway since I have to switch over the second it comes on because it's too upsetting.

They took the emotional blackmail, tugging at the heartstrings thing too far and now I just can't tollerate it for more than 2 seconds :(

This must be some kind of wind up. You don't like the ads because they make you feel awkward and upset? Ah diddums.

Thankfully for you its easy to make it go away. You just have to change channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think the woman in the 'Cooperative' advert is sexy?

The little girl in the Oreo's advert needs putting in her place. Very precocious.

Yeah a few days in the coal house will sort her out.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    This must be some kind of wind up. You don't like the ads because they make you feel awkward and upset? Ah diddums.

Thankfully for you its easy to make it go away. You just have to change channel.

It's a thread for worst adverts. The clue is in the name of the thread, not insult people who happen to dislike an advert you have no problem with, and tell them to just 'change channel'.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    It's a thread for worst adverts. The clue is in the name of the thread, not insult people who happen to dislike an advert you have no problem with, and tell them to just 'change channel'.

For what it's worth I completely agree with you. Seeing starving children and being told what terrible lives they have upsets me and makes me switch channels (whether that makes me weak or in denial, I don't know), so a lot of the time I don't even catch which charity they are appealing for.

By the way, I do donate to charity... just not on the back of seeing these adverts.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Andrex CGI dogs ad. Enough said.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "where do daddies come from" thing?

They think they're being funny, don't they? Turning around the "where do babies come from" question.

Patronising idiots. Hope they go bust.

Yep, that's the one. At least it'll be gone after Father's Day, presumably (and hopefully)!
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone from Northern Ireland might get what I mean when I mention the DOE ads? They're for road safety and whilst I get why they're aired, I have to switch channels anytime they're on, the latest one which is REALLY long is the worst, it absolutely freaks me.
  • GabriellaGabriella Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one (I think its a deo ad) where it starts " Women are strong". Makes me cringe.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nivea - More screaming people means I have to dive for the remote to mute the TV! :mad:

Confused.com Quick Quote - £1 per message for these idiots to find a cheap quote?! Waste of money!

Go Compare - ARGH! They just showed the first version again!

Daily Mail - No, I don't want your Jubilee crap! :mad:

Curanail - I REALLY DON'T want to see fungal nail infections on TV while I am eating! :mad:

Not on the High Street.com - I HATE this advert! :mad: Not only does it have a kid talking but he says the word "Daddies" way too much!

Any advert that ends with the phrase "The perfect gift for *insert special occassion here* day"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LV - please shut up with "Dum Dee Dee Dum Dee Dee Dwee Dwee Dum" it's bloody annoying!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The awful one with the woman going about her FRESH PAIR OF KNICKERS!! And wtf is she doing with her fingers at the end??
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, but then Anna isn't a teenager.

Or she is, but an American High School In The Movies teenager.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that alienating 50% of the population by saying the choc is for men only isn't really a good marketing ploy.

They're really only alienating those silly enough to take that nonsense seriously.
This discussion has been closed.