Options

Suits - Season 4 (US Pace)

ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
Forum Member
The best legal drama on TV returns this coming Wednesday (June 11th) at 9pm EST (2am GMT).

After three years of pretending to be a lawyer, Mike is leaving his mentor to head to Wall Street. I'm interested to see how this affects their relationship as I'm sure we'll see them clashing at some point.

Of course, what I'm most looking forward to is the return of Donna and Louis. :D

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The best legal drama on TV returns this coming Wednesday (June 11th) at 9pm EST (2am GMT).

After three years of pretending to be a lawyer, Mike is leaving his mentor to head to Wall Street. I'm interested to see how this affects their relationship as I'm sure we'll see them clashing at some point.

Of course, what I'm most looking forward to is the return of Donna and Louis. :D

Yay I can get my fix of Donna. I just hope they bring a little more humour to the show than the last season.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay I can get my fix of Donna. I just hope they bring a little more humour to the show than the last season.

Season 3 was quite dull in comparion to the last two seasons. I never bought into Scottie and Harvey (any more than I did with other Brit woman he hooked up with). Seemed a littlle contrived all for the sake of making Harvey appear vulnerable or reveal that tender side of him. Of course, Harvey's sensitive (you only have to look at his relationships with Mike and Donna- and in cases Jessica too); I didn't Scottie coming on with all this 'let's be honest and open with each other' nonsense. You either 'get' Harvey the way he is (and eventually he won't need to spell out to you his deepest inner feelings in crayola) or you don't. And I didn't feel that Scottie did understand what Harvey was about in the end.

Still compared with most stuff on TV these days, Suits Season 3 was up there with the best of them.

I'm glad Mike made the break from Harvey and Harvey gave him his blessing. I think the show needs it.

As for the women, Jessica's character needs to move on a bit - not much, just a bit more. Being a little high-handed madame season in and season out is becoming a little to jading for me. The instant she appears in a scene I know five things will come out of her mouth: she ain't a happy bunny; it's her name on the door (said 1000x); she has two cases a year; something about Mike; and she's fighting yet another takeover of her firm. You could literally play 'Jessica's Bingo'. Rachel - please just become a lawyer already! In all the time you've gone on and on about it, you could've graduated by now, passed the bar exam, become a DA and been promoted to federal judge. Donna, babe - stay as cool as you already are:D. Would like to see more of Louis's female assistant (whose name I forget) - Scottie sucked the life out of any scenes she could have had.

Looking forward to Season 4. Not long. :D:D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

Maybe series 1 & 2 were the best on tv in the last few years.
    Series 3 was a real let down.

And personally, the best legal drama will always be Boston Legal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Maybe series 1 & 2 were the best on tv in the last few years.
    Series 3 was a real let down.

And personally, the best legal drama will always be Boston Legal.

Yeah it did go off the rails a bit in S3. Mainly by letting the Hessington Oil saga go on far too long. Should have been a 3 episode arc, tops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to have Donna back, with her red hair and blue figure hugging dress.

The humour is back, a little at least.

Not sure if I care about the cases though, they just seem to be thrown in for the sake of conflict.

But good to see Harvey and Mike going for each other.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great start to the new series. As always, Louis was great watching. His reaction on the seeing the business card :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The ending to this episode almost got spoiled for me with people going crazy about it on Twitter. Was I the only one who was completely underwhelmed by it? Unfortunately, not even an affair can make Rachel interesting.

The conflict/tension between Mike and Harvey felt rushed to me, but I'm looking forward to seeing them go head to head.

I need not even comment on Donna anymore. She's a constant highlight. Loving the Louis/Katrina stuff too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL

"I eat cock for breakfast, lunch and dinner" Lois Litt.

Well that was a better episode, they've re-injected the comedy and the camaraderie.

Donna is still the best thing about the show.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donna is still the best thing about the show.
    ^this,

but Mika and Harvey NOT on the same side and that Litt stuff is really not working for me :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL

"I eat cock for breakfast, lunch and dinner" Lois Litt.

:D:D:D

Good episode. Nice to see Louis get some appreciation.
  • Options
    BrummiekevBrummiekev Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Already after the first 2 episodes of this I prefer this season to anything from season 3. I felt it lost its way a bit last season, with the Eva Hessington story dragging on and on.

I love it that Mike and Harvey are against each other, it adds a different aspect to the show for me. Also you feel with Rachael working for Harvey that there is bound to be a falling out between her and Mike.

The introduction of Jeff Malone into the mix, will sure add a bit of spice. Despite Jessica insisting that their relationship is over when she took him on, somehow I dont believe it will be the case;-). Also you wonder whether Louis and Jeff will continue to clash. Must say its great to see DB Woodside in this, as a big 24 fan he was excellent in that with his role as Wayne/President Palmer.:)

Roll on the next episode!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was good, if a bit hard to watch, to see Harvey and Mike fighting dirty this week. It's funny how Harvey's tough-guy attitude comes across differently when you're looking at it from the other side of the table - he can be a right tool! (as can Mike, betraying Donna's trust wasn't cool)

I hope we see Jeff begin to contribute something to the show next week with the big legal battle coming. He's been completely unlikeable so far, what with his almost creepy pursuit of Jessica and his manipulation of Louis. It's becoming difficult to see Louis as a real character rather than a caricature now. The constant using-and-abusing of him was starting to get a little repetitive last season, so it's even more tedious now.

Oh yeah, Rachel and Logan... Yawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was good, if a bit hard to watch, to see Harvey and Mike fighting dirty this week. It's funny how Harvey's tough-guy attitude comes across differently when you're looking at it from the other side of the table - he can be a right tool! (as can Mike, betraying Donna's trust wasn't cool)

I hope we see Jeff begin to contribute something to the show next week with the big legal battle coming. He's been completely unlikeable so far, what with his almost creepy pursuit of Jessica and his manipulation of Louis. It's becoming difficult to see Louis as a real character rather than a caricature now. The constant using-and-abusing of him was starting to get a little repetitive last season, so it's even more tedious now.

Oh yeah, Rachel and Logan... Yawn.

It's difficult to watch Mike and Harvey going after each other. I prefer them together. Glad Mike gave the tapes back though.

Also agree it is sad to see Louis always being manipulated by the other people, even if it is to hide a secret.

Don't feel the chemistry between Rachel and Logan (even in the flash backs) just seem contrived.

Not enough Donna for me this episode. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough Donna again.

And not keen on them keep having Mike doing 'nasty' things to his old coworkers and then apologizing.

Either do bad or don't do bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Weak episode. Basically 45 minutes of Louis-bashing and Rachel drama. Louis has now been made a fully-fledged incompetent moron by the writers and it's a mystery he ever got to this level. Nothing Rachel does is interesting and even less so when it's so predictable. Mike's had another personality transplant and turned from a paragon of moral virtue into a devious git.

The teaser for next week didn't look very good either. Think I'll let the next few episodes build up and watch them all at once.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Louis is such a joke. I really don't like him. But I still find it hard to see why Mike recruiting a rival of Harvey's is 'all his fault' just for an off the cuff comment about getting personal. Poor writing imo.

I'm not sure what I think of Mike being out of the firm. I really want him back on the same side as Harvey but it's working for drama purposes I guess. Though if they do go down the route of Rachel falling for her ex lover I'll be pissed.
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this week's episode was okay until the sudden ending when everything ends up all right for Mike with Forsman being nice all of a sudden?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not feeling the 'Harvey Vs Mike' story line.

Lots of Donna though and liked the way she helped Litt with the play.

Rachel and Mike are boring too.

Something is missing from the legal side of this drama.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Probably my favourite episode of the season so far, nice to have a breather from letchy Logan and more of a focus on the core characters. Some nice scenes with Harvey/Mike and Donna/Louis - the end with Harvey and Donna was lovely too but a tad out of the blue considering they hadn't interacted throughout the episode.

Tbh I'm sorta hoping we reach mid-season with Mike back at the firm and we get more of the dream team doing what they do best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Tbh I'm sorta hoping we reach mid-season with Mike back at the firm and we get more of the dream team doing what they do best.

Yes I know how you feel. Would prefer them together and a case of the week format, with their relationship being central to the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Caught up with the last 2 eps. Last week's was far better than I expected. Lots of Donna = guaranteed success!

This week, another good episode. Louis saved the day but looks like he's going to have to, like Mike, suffer the consequences of getting into bed with Forstman. Couple of memorable lines:

"April 9th 2009 - Harvey tells me to file a motion to dismiss the odour emanating from my armpits."

"Forstman just got Litt the hell up!"

:D

Can we see more of Katrina please? She must have a minimum appearances clause in her contract or something because she's had about 10 seconds screentime in the past two eps. Will Rachel reveal all to Mike? Couldn't care less.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I fast-forwarded thru all that Rachel and the X louvy stuff cos I knew it was all a daydream kinda thing and thus just a bunch of blahblahblah.
    What's puzzling is Mike being offered a job by the rich guy after Mike had stupidly and childishly thrown away that deal with Rachel-X's just cos Mike wanted Harvey back. He made a promise to the company's owner that he'd safeguard the workers jobs (or something like that) then went and screwed them just cos he acted like a dildo.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have seen the first 5 episodes and will watch the remaining 2 later so I'll be caught up with TV broadcasts, but I am enjoying this season more than season 3, purely because one case doesn't seem to be dominating the whole show. It is interesting to see Mike and Harvey against each other now but it has made each of them seem to be annoying douchebags now whereas when they were together they may have been a bit douchebaggy but they were always considered the good guys so you didn't mind. It's hard to know who to root for now between them, but Harvey is edging it for me. I've kinda gone off Mike.

Oh, and I agree, there now seems to be more personal drama and less actual legal stuff. Hopefully the legal parts come into play later in the season!
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis is gonna regret signing that. I think the latter part of the series may be everyone trying to save him. Mike going back I'm a bit meh! about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think we all knew Mike would return at some point, I was just wondering how long they'd let it run. I'm quite glad that he's back.

Looks like Louis had messed up big time (again). I wonder what's going to happen to him?

Just two episodes left of season 4. :(