SIR BRUCE IS BACK! - Brucies Bandwagon Rolls On! - Will 'Brucie Bonus' Boost Ratings?

Comments

• IanPIanP Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this. I'd have thought either Bruce is still fit enough to do one show a week or not fit enough to do any. They've already cut his work load considerably by not doing the results shows. I think Bruce has been great on Strictly but feel it would have been better to call it a day than risk having to replace him mid-series because it becomes to much for him. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanP wrote: »
    I don't understand this. I'd have thought either Bruce is still fit enough to do one show a week or not fit enough to do any. They've already cut his work load considerably by not doing the results shows. I think Bruce has been great on Strictly but feel it would have been better to call it a day than risk having to replace him mid-series because it becomes to much for him. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Well it seemed to be getting too much for him last series - I agree with you that he was good for show but I was hoping Bruce and the producers would see because of his poor performances last series it would be best to call it day - that realisation doesnt seem to have struck him.

I think they're perhaps holding out for him to do the 10th anniversary show next year - that is if he's fit enough, but it wouldn't be surprise me if he's back, if they cut his work load even further next year.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Well it seemed to be getting too much for him last series - I agree with you that he was good for show but I was hoping Bruce and the producers would see because of his poor performances last series it would be best to call it day - that realisation doesnt seem to have struck him.

I think they're perhaps holding out for him to do the 10th anniversary show next year - that is if he's fit enough, but it wouldn't be surprise me if he's back, if they cut his work load even further next year.

The producers should just sign Sir Bruce up to a five year contract and be done with it, he has earned it after all, pulling in record viewer ratings every year and trouncing X Factor in the process.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    You said " he is the " essence " of the show.
    And what will strictly be without Brucie's corny jokes ? ...... In some ways, He makes the show imo."

You made no mention of the DANCING. Sounds like you think the show would still be great without the purpose of the title "Strictly Come Dancing."

And for some of the gushing comments here I'd like the sick bucket next please.
    Given some of his favourites over recent series dancing is the last thing he watches for.

I am saddened that the beeb have not been brave enough to pull the plug on Bruce. However we are stuck with Anton yet have lost Erin and worse still Vincent & Flavia.

On the plus side we get Iveta back.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    The producers should just sign Sir Bruce up to a five year contract and be done with it, he has earned it after all, pulling in record viewer ratings every year and trouncing X Factor in the process.

Yeah!

and while they're at it, why not get Jimmy Young back on the radio, he's only 92 this year.

They could re-name it GBC.

The Geriatrics Broadcasting Company.

Terry, it's the dancing that brings in the viewers, not the mumblings of that old fool.
    He's destroying a once great entertainment reputation.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be recording and fast forwarding again this year.:(
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah!

and while they're at it, why not get Jimmy Young back on the radio, he's only 92 this year.

They could re-name it GBC.

The Geriatrics Broadcasting Company.

Terry, it's the dancing that brings in the viewers, not the mumblings of that old fool.
    He's destroying a once great entertainment reputation.

And both Desmond Carrington and David Jacobs are 87 and have no irritating habits (well, not broadcasting ones! :p).
  • Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly don't mind if he stays or goes really. He's just incidental to the programme for me. Just don't understand what the fuss is about.
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be recording and fast forwarding again this year.:(

Yup. Me too.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,429
    Forum Member
    We can always hope he forgets where the studio is or even better, who HE is. :(
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have Graham Norton replace Brucie & have Claudia take over Tess full time, the two would have perfect chemistry
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »

Think you could be right, but I for one am not keen on Claudia Winkleman. She should NOT be getting his job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Think you could be right, but I for one am not keen on Claudia Winkleman. She should NOT be getting his job.

The point is, that there shouldn't be a "job," just someone doing "low key links."
    He tries to make it "his show."
    Let's face it it's the only way at his age, he's gonna get a prime time TV series.
    Tess and Claudia did a fine job when he was off one Saturday.
    I say a fine job, as I can't remember much about their performance that night, which is as it should be, as it's not about them and certainly not about the mumbling and irritable geriatric, it's about the dancing.
    And the ratings were better that night, so he wasn't missed. I certainly didn't need to feel like shouting at the screen "get on with it" when he's often hogging the camera.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point is, that there shouldn't be a "job," just someone doing "low key links."
    He tries to make it "his show."
    Let's face it it's the only way at his age, he's gonna get a prime time TV series.
    Tess and Claudia did a fine job when he was off one Saturday.
    I say a fine job, as I can't remember much about their performance that night, which is as it should be, as it's not about them and certainly not about the mumbling and irritable geriatric, it's about the dancing.
    And the ratings were better that night, so he wasn't missed. I certainly didn't need to feel like shouting at the screen "get on with it" when he's often hogging the camera.

Sir Bruce doesn't try to make it 'his show' , thats just the way its turned out, and thats why the viewers keep coming back in bigger numbers for more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Bruce doesn't try to make it 'his show' , thats just the way its turned out, and thats why the viewers keep coming back in bigger numbers for more.

Of course he tries to make it "his show." The way he tries to hog the camera and be the centre of attention is now really pathetic.
    It isn't about "him" it's about dancing. He's just a constant irritation, no wonder people like me record it and fast forward through his trivial nonsense.

For years I defended him on this board, but he his performance and noticeably his mental faculties have deteriorated very rapidly in the last three seasons, so now I find him an embarrassment.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCD booted Arlene out when she still had all her faculties just because she was seen as 'too old'. Brucie who is 15 years older and clearly not up to the job of presenting the show is kept on! This blatant sexist discrimination shows the BBC at its worst. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he tries to make it "his show." The way he tries to hog the camera and be the centre of attention is now really pathetic.
    It isn't about "him" it's about dancing. He's just a constant irritation, no wonder people like me record it and fast forward through his trivial nonsense.

For years I defended him on this board, but he his performance and noticeably his mental faculties have deteriorated very rapidly in the last three seasons, so now I find him an embarrassment.

There is only one Girls Aloud alleged singer who has come close to hogging the camera on Strictly Come Dancing and it wasn't Kimberley, As for Sir Bruce its more a case of the camera gravitating towards the amazing aura he radiates all around him, the camera loves Sir Bruce and he gives it what it demands, this is showbizz after all, and we are lucky to be able to witness its master working his magic once again this year as sir bruces bandwagon takes to the road and rolls on towards Christmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is only one Girls Aloud alleged singer who has come close to hogging the camera on Strictly Come Dancing and it wasn't Kimberley, As for Sir Bruce its more a case of the camera gravitating towards the amazing aura he radiates all around him, the camera loves Sir Bruce and he gives it what it demands, this is showbizz after all, and we are lucky to be able to witness its master working his magic once again this year as sir bruces bandwagon takes to the road and rolls on towards Christmas.

The camera doesn't "gravitate towards him" it's that he just keeps sticking his nose in front of it.
    The fact that he never stops talking to keep the attention on himself, makes it difficult for the director to change cameras.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Excuse me. I've just come over nauseated.

How come Doghouse talks such sense when some others don't?

I'm now totally convinced by the number of unjustified superlatives in his post that, as suggested by another poster, Terry is a complete WUM who enjoys the opposite reaction he elicits from others, and that he isn't a Bruce fan at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me. I've just come over nauseated.

How come Doghouse talks such sense when some others don't?

I'm now totally convinced by the number of unjustified superlatives in his post that, as suggested by another poster, Terry is a complete WUM who enjoys the opposite reaction he elicits from others, and that he isn't a Bruce fan at all.

I find Terry's posts quite amusing.
    I don't really mind if he really believes what he posts, or he's as you say, just a WUM.

But he's harmless.

Either way, it's fun shooting him down every time, without having to be nasty about it.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Lady Brucie sues the BBC if he ends up giving us a Tommy Cooper moment as a result of being encouraged to work way beyond his capacities just to whet the appetite of his adoring fans.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Lady Brucie sues the BBC if he ends up giving us a Tommy Cooper moment as a result of being encouraged to work way beyond his capacities just to whet the appetite of his adoring fans.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I find Terry's posts quite amusing.
    I don't really mind if he really believes what he posts, or he's as you say, just a WUM.

But he's harmless.

Either way, it's fun shooting him down every time, without having to be nasty about it.
    Problem is that every time you shot him down, he gets back up again not even wounded!:)

He won't be posting for a few days - he's going to be camping at Glastonbury; or is he? He said he is, but then he said he was going to see Mr Forsyth (the plumber) live in his one man show, which he clearly didn't. Oh, there he is - right in front of picture holding two yellow shopping bags:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-23064887

Nice hat Terry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is that every time you shot him down, he gets back up again not even wounded!:)

He won't be posting for a few days - he's going to be camping at Glastonbury; or is he? He said he is, but then he said he was going to see Mr Forsyth (the plumber) live in his one man show, which he clearly didn't. Oh, there he is - right in front of picture holding two yellow shopping bags:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-23064887

Nice hat Terry.

Nice one!

Bruce was at Wimbledon yesterday, "forcing his attentions" on Mo Farah, the way the old codger tries to hog the attention of the cameras at any opportunity is pathetic.
    Forum Member
    Glad I don't watch Wimbledon - that's one more sighting I'm grateful I missed.
This discussion has been closed.