Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buckham Fair, Buckham Fair ..,here it comes Buckham Fair..,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Gee, I am really excited to see Strike Back this week. That's a great intense little scene. I hope we get even more of MC!
    I heard his character is shot. That's a lot more intensity than we ever want to see on DM!

I switched the TV to Cinemax a short while ago to wait for Strike Back. There's something that preceded it called, "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter." :eek: :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    Who knows if that relationship is good or bad.

I think it's good. On another fairly recent chat show, Martin talked about Craig Ferguson and his success in America.

Love Craig Ferguson and his horse and his robot. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    I think that these young folks just don't have a clue. You have made me think though , I've taken some grief for it from male relatives and acquaintances, but I really admired Oprah's style and interviewing prowess. She really did a great job with celebrities and others . Baba Wawa was excellent also. Too bad these two are gone.

I wonder what the nature of the relationship between MC and Craig Ferguson is. After all,MC has made a fortune from Ferguson's and Mark Crowdy's character

Oprah says that her interviewing approach is to ask her guest before the show starts what they want to get from the interview, then she helps them get there.
  • Options
    ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    Hmmm. I don't recall ever reading that PB told MC to apologize to his ex-wife. I do remember reading that he said that PB was upset at what the ex said about him. I think Umbrellagirl has even more articles then I do in her collection. Maybe she has some input.
    The only reference to Philippa's reaction that I remember is this one, from TV Times in Oct. or Nov. 1997:
    "Earlier this year [his first wife] sold a shocking two-part story about their marriage to a tabloid newpaper. A story which, Martin says, incensed his friends and upset Philippa."

Here's a link to Connie's scan of the article. The quoted passage is near the end.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/62587488@N02/6822147878/sizes/l/

I can't recall his discussing it in a TV or radio interview. And, really, I don't see that he had any need to apologize. All he said was that when he met PB he was coming out of a "rotten marriage." Lucy's story just seemed to prove his point. It did sound like a rotten marriage.

Thanks, I knew I read the part about PB being upset about his . I didn't remember it was in my own online collection - hilarious! :D Yes, frankly her selling the story not once but twice (in 1997 and 2008) was far worse than him simply saying the marriage was rotten. It's unclear why she decided to sell the story in 1997 because actually the 'rotten' comment wasn't until 2008. Maybe because their divorce finally went through and he was marrying PB that same year. That 2008 comment was what caused her to go back to the press and sell the basic story the 2nd time around.
  • Options
    Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just signed on to the new site - Dirty Tricks is available! Yippee! :D:o:D:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Just signed on to the new site - Dirty Tricks is available! Yippee! :D:o:D:eek::D

OMG, it is???? Wow!

Since MC's "Strike Back" appearance truly was "tiny" (he was done 15 minutes in, but he was SO good), maybe now I need some "Dirty Tricks".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say they're still working on things at the upgraded Acorn, but, yep, "Dirty Tricks" is there. And they're promoting Doc Martin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    They say they're still working on things at the upgraded Acorn, but, yep, "Dirty Tricks" is there. And they're promoting Doc Martin.

And they have "Reggie Perrin" too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    OMG, it is???? Wow!

Since MC's "Strike Back" appearance truly was "tiny" (he was done 15 minutes in, but he was SO good), maybe now I need some "Dirty Tricks".
    And they have "Reggie Perrin" too.

Perhaps they will eventually just have a Martin Clunes streaming channel available.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they will eventually just have a Martin Clunes streaming channel available.:)

Sounds like a plan to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member

Connie, as usual, I like the way you think. ;)

Oh, and if I haven't told you lately, I want to be you when I grow up. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connie, as usual, I like the way you think. ;)

Oh, and if I haven't told you lately, I want to be you when I grow up. :p

Oh I don't know. I think I'd like to be you right now! How's Dorset? ;):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New SPOILER pic on docmartinseries6.blogspot.com!

Not sure if it's been seen before, but I've not come across it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much Hod that is a beautiful picture! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I knew I read the part about PB being upset about his . I didn't remember it was in my own online collection - hilarious! :D Yes, frankly her selling the story not once but twice (in 1997 and 2008) was far worse than him simply saying the marriage was rotten. It's unclear why she decided to sell the story in 1997 because actually the 'rotten' comment wasn't until 2008. Maybe because their divorce finally went through and he was marrying PB that same year. That 2008 comment was what caused her to go back to the press and sell the basic story the 2nd time around.

Yes it did sound like a rotten marriage!

I think this is why she wrote the first articles about her life with Martin:

In 1997:
    Martin has given his own explanation of why the marriage failed. "We had a problem enjoying each other but now I can enjoy Lucy again. We are friends and can appreciate each other."
    Not any more. Last summer they fell out after a row over the divorce settlement and haven't spoken since. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1055426/Cocaine-cruelty-man-behaving-badly.html

Then he described the marriage as rotten and compared it to a horror movie.Because of this in 2008 she re-released all the info about their marriage because she didn't want him saying their marriage was horrible and he paid her off:

In 2011 he said:
    The only other potential source of sadness in an otherwise enviably happy life appears to be the spat with his ex-wife. “I think she read something that I’d said in an interview,” he says, his elastic features momentary downcast. “It’s just a regrettable thing and Max Clifford is always involved in these things. So money changes hands. Whatever.” He laughs unhappily. Are you friends now, I ask. “No, well, I don’t know where she lives. I’m sure Clifford could tell me but…”

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Let's hope that's the end to it. It would appear pure spite if she dredged it up again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatched S4E2 on KCET yesterday, a wonderful episode written and directed by Ben Bolt. I noticed something new regarding the Doc/Louisa scene in her classroom. It's clear to me now how the end of the scene was shot to be ambiguous. We've had discussion here as to whether, when he reached out, he was intending to touch her stomach or shake her hand. One camera focused on him catches his arm reaching toward her with palm down (as if to touch her tummy), and the other camera focused on her captures his hand with the inside of his wrist up, extended for what turns into a sad handshake. Very clever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many months ago I asked those of you who have a faith to remember Our Little Millie in your prayers. She is the great-grand-daughter of my first cousin, after whom I am named.

Millie was a perfectly able 18 months old toddler when she was struck down by an unknown auto immune disease.Some very long, dark days and months followed with many crises.

However, Millie is now mid-way through a residential ( with Mummy ), rehabilitation programme. Her meds have been significantly reduced; her NG tube removed; she is much more alert and can take her own body weight ( stand ) for brief periods.

I wish I could post her pic...suspect Millie may well learn how to do this herself before I master the technology...

Thank you to everyone who remembers Millie - please God she will turn three in October - please continue to remember her and all on Team Millie in your prayers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC weight loss might be explained partly by the fact that he's getting close to the age that his father was when he died. The article below from 2004 says he gave up smoking when Emily arrived but put on weight as a result. In 2004 he had a personal trainer and lost weight. Obviously he has had a battle with weight since but seems to have been really successful this time, maybe with the added incentive of his age. Let's hope it's a permanent change for his sake. Not that he's not attractive a little chubby but it is probably better for his health. :)

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Culture%3A+He's+still+behaving+badly%3B+Affable+Martin+Clunes+had+to...-a0121485889
  • Options
    NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »

In 1997:
    Martin has given his own explanation of why the marriage failed. "We had a problem enjoying each other but now I can enjoy Lucy again. We are friends and can appreciate each other."
    Not any more. Last summer they fell out after a row over the divorce settlement and haven't spoken since. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1055426/Cocaine-cruelty-man-behaving-badly.html

Then he described the marriage as rotten and compared it to a horror movie.Because of this in 2008 she re-released all the info about their marriage because she didn't want him saying their marriage was horrible and he paid her off:

In 2011 he said:
    The only other potential source of sadness in an otherwise enviably happy life appears to be the spat with his ex-wife. “I think she read something that I’d said in an interview,” he says, his elastic features momentary downcast. “It’s just a regrettable thing and Max Clifford is always involved in these things. So money changes hands. Whatever.” He laughs unhappily. Are you friends now, I ask. “No, well, I don’t know where she lives. I’m sure Clifford could tell me but…”

Let's hope that's the end to it. It would appear pure spite if she dredged it up again.

Wait -- he paid her off, to prevent another vindictive outpouring? She must have been a joy to be with. Glad they had no children together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StrikeBack Redux

Total screen time for MC: about 5 minutes. Some good world-weary lines in a show that does not celebrate dialogue. Panama hat makes him look for some reason five years older. - that, and the fact that he refers to himself as an "old man." Dies, unexpectedly as expected, with a couple of shots to the chest - and he's referred to subsequently as dead. RIP: my Cinemax subscription, unless someone has intelligence that MC rises like Lazarus. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »

In 1997:

In 2011 he said:

NewPark wrote: »
    Wait -- he paid her off, to prevent another vindictive outpouring? She must have been a joy to be with. Glad they had no children together.

I thought that the 'money changed hands' refers to her being paid by the newspaper for the story. Why would MC pay her? The 'damage' was already done, twice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Okay, I just watched the trailer for the new season, and at the end it shows the Doc standing in the back of the church with this....look on his face. Many think he looks sad, I personally think he looks like he's getting emotional. Which gave me the idea that maybe, instead of someone giving Louisa away and walking her up the aisle, what if he stands at the back, she walks in from the side and they walk up the aisle together? And what if the look on his face is from seeing her in her wedding dress?
  • Options
    Eileen0103Eileen0103 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I thought that the 'money changed hands' refers to her being paid by the newspaper for the story. Why would MC pay her? The 'damage' was already done, twice.

When she gave these "interviews" to the papers, her career was declining his was accelerating. She had a revenge instinct. He most likely had a financial settlement in the divorce. All she did was stir ill will and cannot redeem herself by speaking her version of events. Old News and not relevant. The papers love to look for stories that aren't.
This discussion has been closed.