Options

Nice areas to live in Ealing and Acton?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 988
Forum Member
✭✭
I am considering a move to Ealing or Acton as I want to live in west London.

I've heard both areas have nice and not-so-nice parts, does anyone know where the nice parts are?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice parts of Acton?

I think someone is pulling your plonker
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    What's your budget? Renting or buying? Is there any particular reason you have gone for those two places.

I ask because West London isn't cheap, and depending on your reasons for choosing them, people might be able to make suggestions for other nice areas in London.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently living in East London but want to settle somewhere in West London, looking to rent, no more than £1000 pcm if possible but can push to £1,100 if needs be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrs brody wrote: »
    Currently living in East London but want to settle somewhere in West London, looking to rent, no more than £1000 pcm if possible but can push to £1,100 if needs be.

What about around Ravenscourt Park. Its pretty decent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll check it out,thanks!
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

Why do you need to relocate - there are nice areas of east London (e.g. Wanstead or Snaresbrook or South Woodford) you could rent somewhere reasonable.

West London is generally far more expensive - I did a quick search on rightmove and there are only about 5 2 bed flats in Acton available for that price via private rent. So your budget would probably only stretch to a one bed. Ealing is generally more expensive.

Good luck - but west London isn't cheap now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll check it out,thanks!

I lived right next to the park for 4 years and it was fine, no hassle and the park is lovely.
  • Options
    tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on the size of property you need but you would be looking at the outer edges of Ealing within your budget. Generally the area around Ealing Common is the peak area getting cheaper as you move away from there. Acton is generally cheaper but a lot less nice than Ealing. I'd agree that Ravenscourt Park is a decent compromise if it will fit your budget. I bought a flat in the very last street in Ealing (just adjacent to the Hillingdon boundary) about 20 years ago and moved to Wales about 10years ago. I've kept an eye on prices in the area and it seems that that end of Ealing is much cheaper but again it isn't nearly as nice an area to live in. Good luck with finding something.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am considering a move to Ealing or Acton as I want to live in west London.

I've heard both areas have nice and not-so-nice parts, does anyone know where the nice parts are?

Thank you :)
    Gunnersbury might be quite nice, it has a nice park and not too far from Chiswick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Gunnersbury might be quite nice, it has a nice park and not too far from Chiswick.

Yes its decent and near enough Chiswick
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ravenscourt Park/ Hammersmith is quite nice, lots of interesting places to visit also.
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Strand On The Green.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for your help :)
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member