"Viewers really didn’t care about what happened to Sharon’s son Denny on EastEnders"

ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
Forum Member
✭✭
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/18/viewers-really-didnt-care-about-what-happened-to-sharons-son-denny-on-eastenders-4803405/

I don't get the hate Denny gets these days. I know he can be annoying but he's only a little kid. Viewers are clearly annoyed with him when he was a trouble maker last year.

Comments

• rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Sharon previously bought a gun for protection" - umm no she didn't lol
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    He is only a child but he has annoyed me with his behaviour last year so I am glad he had a break and is now back and behaving better!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    I thought he was quite sweet when he was playing ball in the house. They need to build on that and they need to forget the spoiled brat nonsense.
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate his stupid haircut!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    I hate his stupid haircut!

Loads of kids have hair like that these days, it's very realistic.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    That's a bit unfair, he hasn't put a foot wrong for months. The need to look at Sharon...this is the second child whose life she's put in danger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been funny if he had shot himself with the gun! EE wouldn't have the guts though!
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair, he hasn't put a foot wrong for months. The need to look at Sharon...this is the second child whose life she's put in danger.

That is correct but Sharon never meant to put Lexi and Denny in danger. She's not a heartless woman :p
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    ALowsley wrote: »
    That is correct but Sharon never meant to put Lexi and Denny in danger. She's not a heartless woman :p

She must realize that she needs help and that she can't keep doing this, she's not stupid, and yet she did not seek help herself. She was dishonest about her addiction and is hiding the gun...you'd think it would occur to her that children's lives are at stake.

If she goes back on drugs and has a gun in the house anything can happen.
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Child characters aren't interesting, full stop, and usually are poorly acted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    billio wrote: »
    Child characters aren't interesting, full stop, and usually are poorly acted.
    Normally i agree but as said in another thread Janet in EE is lovely!
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely, yes, interesting .. No.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Normally i agree but as said in another thread Janet in EE is lovely!

Yeah but she'll get annoying soon, just like Tiffany did or Simon in Corrie. They all go that way.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was the worst thing to give her a kid when bringing her back. and that kid does not help, the acting is woeful, the plot is worse. And as a viewer I don't care about Denny.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    A brat.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    It would have been a good story if Denny ran out in front of a car Danielle-style or just got lost altogether
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Den III. He needs to go and bond with his grandpa in the Queen Vic cellar.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hes not a baby he is like 7 or 8 so hes an annoying brat sorry, but just because somebody is a child it doesnt mean we have to like them. usually people like him end up horrible adults anyway.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    it was the worst thing to give her a kid when bringing her back. and that kid does not help, the acting is woeful, the plot is worse. And as a viewer I don't care about Denny.

This. Then they added insult to injury by making her an over-protective mum who can't see any wrong in her brat no matter what happens. Even Phil said last night she's the kind of woman who spoils her kid and as a viewer it's p!sses me right off.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denny reminds me of Janine when she was a kid. Someone posted some clips and she was a right terror. :D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »

When she previously left the show she was already pregnant and in her absence the characters that were still on the show who knew her mentioned her child so it would have looked a bit odd if she came back into the show with no child with her. Unless you are suggesting that the child should either have been killed off or staying with relatives on her return.

But on the other hand the fact that she got pregnant in the first place despite the fact she was told she couldn't have children always felt odd to me. I think Sharon worked better as a childless woman.

On another note did Sharon ever find out that Whitney did not assault her son when Whitney was working at the school?
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely loved it when Sharon started battering the snarling little brat. I could definitely get used to seeing that every week.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit dramatic most kids I know would just cry or get angry and run out to their room not out of house down the road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/18/viewers-really-didnt-care-about-what-happened-to-sharons-son-denny-on-eastenders-4803405/

I don't get the hate Denny gets these days. I know he can be annoying but he's only a little kid. Viewers are clearly annoyed with him when he was a trouble maker last year.

Because he's a little c@*t