Applause Store

mitchell2k4mitchell2k4 Posts: 374
Forum Member
Got tickets for the Saturday final in Wembley - what time do you think we should arrive to guarantee entry? I'm guessing that as its at wembley there will be more chance of getting in than at Fountain?!

Comments

• Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the Applause Store tickets are only standby. The rest have been given to TalkTalk customers. Therefore, you'll only get in if some of the TalkTalk people dont turn up. I reckon you should get there about 9am or so. Maybe even earlier.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I got the same..."stand by tickets" might be a bit misleading, it all depends on the tickets numbers...how many talktalk tickets were given out etc. Its a real toughy...I really cant be bothered to hang around for hours in the cold in a queue! Any tips/advice/insider knowledge?!
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I can help. I have been to a few live shows at fountain and always got there at 7 am. I got tickets for the final
    In 2009 and was 2nd in the Q. And did not get in.
    Wembley is bigger yes. But 5,000 tickets have been given out by talktalk and I'm sure people entering the competition will want to of gone.

I've got talk talk tickets for satarday and if I was in ur position and had ur tickets I certainly would get there about 6am. And I am being truley honest with you. Even If u get there at 6am. U still might not get in. But I think you will of you get there really really early. If u go mid morning. Leave it. I had tickets for a semi final last and as I said I normally get there for 7. But I got up at 7. So I didn't go because the time makes a difference. Hope u understand.
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But nobody really knows, because they have never done the final this way before.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From another thread I posted:

As there has not been a show at Wembley before, no one knows.

Most of the tickets have been NOT been allocated by applausestore - TalkTalk have given some 10,000 out over both nights.

In theory that'd still leave about 10,000 if they're using the whole arena, but I doubt that.

I imagine they'd be using a similar setup to the auditions in arenas, whereby they cover the top tiers and also move the stage forward, so the capacity is probably around 12,000 across both nights.

There will be plenty of "VIPs" there - celebs, press, production, friends, and family, etc - together with other competition winners - I've seen Beanu, CLoser magazine, Tic Tac and M&S all giving away tickets as well as talktalk.

ApplasueStore tickets will therefore be used to "fill the gaps", how many - if any - there will be is a question I'm not sure anyone could really answer. While the TalkTalk tickets are free, unlike ApplauseStore tickets they are guaranteed entry, so I imagine most will turn up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    From another thread I posted:

As there has not been a show at Wembley before, no one knows.

Most of the tickets have been NOT been allocated by applausestore - TalkTalk have given some 10,000 out over both nights.

In theory that'd still leave about 10,000 if they're using the whole arena, but I doubt that.

I imagine they'd be using a similar setup to the auditions in arenas, whereby they cover the top tiers and also move the stage forward, so the capacity is probably around 12,000 across both nights.

There will be plenty of "VIPs" there - celebs, press, production, friends, and family, etc - together with other competition winners - I've seen Beanu, CLoser magazine, Tic Tac and M&S all giving away tickets as well as talktalk.

ApplasueStore tickets will therefore be used to "fill the gaps", how many - if any - there will be is a question I'm not sure anyone could really answer. While the TalkTalk tickets are free, unlike ApplauseStore tickets they are guaranteed entry, so I imagine most will turn up

Thanks for that, I also got e-mailed 10 tickets for Saturday, will not be making arrangements to go now, that's too much of a risk! Would rather watch from the comfort of my home! :D
  • mitchell2k4mitchell2k4 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    TalkTalk have given 10,000 tickets but thats split over both Sat and Sun isn't it? I would imagine most would be for the actual result on the Sunday? Say they did 5,000 on sat and 5,000 on sun, then that would leave about another 5,000 seats to fill on both nights?
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of course this would be far too simple to organise like a concert wouldn't it?

If the arena holds 10,000 then allocate them to sponsors, advertisers etc on a strict limit, and any left for the "real" audience. All in numbered seats.

The alternative which we are left with is treating the people who support and vote and spend their money, like cattle
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've been to Fountain studios twice and got there by 11am both times...once for the 8th live show 2009 and again for the Saturday final last year and both times I got in.

Imagine since the capacity is way bigger, more AS tickets will be let in. After all, the Applause Store wouldn't agree to giving out the tickets if there was zero chance of anybody getting them.

What I understand is that there is always an allocated seat size for AS tickets, therefore you need to get there early to be in that quota, however if less VIPs turn up, that quota increases, and if more VIPs than expected turn up then that quota decreases.

I'm going to try my luck, though it does seem a bit worrying that loads of people seem to have been given loads of tickets...I got 12 :eek:
    Forum Member
    dont know of many people who have had AS tickets for sunday, so maybe the vast majority of the talktalk tickets were given for sun, and AS have a load of seats to fill on the sat :P I live in hope!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont know of many people who have had AS tickets for sunday, so maybe the vast majority of the talktalk tickets were given for sun, and AS have a load of seats to fill on the sat :P I live in hope!

Were all your AS tickets for the Saturday? If so then the BIB might be true...
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »

Yup 6 for Sat. What's BIB? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could be, I applied for both Saturday and Sunday but only got e-mailed tickets for the Saturday.

Still ain't going to risk it though, would cost a lot for me to travel down there and then the possibility of being turned away! :eek: No thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup 6 for Sat. What's BIB? :o

BIB = bit in bold.

I'm going to try my luck...if I get turned away then I'll miss the show and my weekend will be ruined but hey ho :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KillerJoe wrote: »
    Could be, I applied for both Saturday and Sunday but only got e-mailed tickets for the Saturday.

Still ain't going to risk it though, would cost a lot for me to travel down there and then the possibility of being turned away! :eek: No thanks.

This is what happened to me. Looks like there may be a huge difference in seating for the two days.
    Forum Member
    BIB = bit in bold.

I'm going to try my luck...if I get turned away then I'll miss the show and my weekend will be ruined but hey ho :D

Get it now :P I will risk it too, you only live once ha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TalkTalk have given 10,000 tickets but thats split over both Sat and Sun isn't it? I would imagine most would be for the actual result on the Sunday? Say they did 5,000 on sat and 5,000 on sun, then that would leave about another 5,000 seats to fill on both nights?

If they use the whole arena then yes.

But it's very unlikely they will do, for the auditions and bootcamp they only use about half of the arena
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get it now :P I will risk it too, you only live once ha

Good luck...I personally think the Saturday one is better to watch. I went last year :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it's very unlikely they will do, for the auditions and bootcamp they only use about half of the arena

Dermot mentioned that next week the audience will be 10000.
    Forum Member

Didn't Dermot say last week that there would be an audience of 10,000?

Edit - beaten to it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what the show is like for going OTT! :p

ApplasueStore have only been issued 1,000 tickets per night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what the show is like for going OTT! :p

ApplasueStore have only been issued 1,000 tickets per night

How do you know this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Am I right that the better acts are on Sunday night, which would indicate that more talktalk tickets will be allocated for that night? maybe not. Dermot said 10,000 but he did not say EACH night, which would lead me to believe it is 5000 each night, and the arena cut down as has been said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    "Congratulations, you have now successfully been booked into attend the recording of THE X FACTOR LIVE FINAL 2011 - ITV1 taking place on Sunday 11th December 2011 at 18:30"

"Dear Mr Neil Mc***,

This is your official eTicket valid for 2 PEOPLE, to THE X FACTOR LIVE FINAL 2011 - ITV1, taking place on SUNDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2011 at THE YELLOW CAR PARK, WEMBLEY ARENA. This exclusive Applause Store page is your ticket/s. You must now print off this entire page and bring it to the show with you (& your guests)."

You are now officially invited to join us for this spectacular LIVE television transmission! This glittering evening is guaranteed to be a night to remember along with all the judges and the entire X Factor 2011 team! This is prime-time television entertainment at its very, very best!".........

are these real tickets or stand-by? i have printed my tickets out

please help :-(