Options

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• Options
    TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only been a COD player since MW2, but I'd say of what I've experienced, these are the worse out the box maps so far.

Carrier - Headglitch city (although, that can be said for every map really), one massive spawn killing spot in Free For All. It's not even funny.

Yemen - Too many windows. Difficult to find one rushing route, without getting popped off from someone in a window.

Turbine - Urgh. In 6 for 6 I can go 30 seconds to more than a minute without encountering one enemy.

Hijacked - Balconies over looking major spawn points, ridiculous design.

Express - People love camping in those walk ways, or that one room, with windows either side.

Only maps I enjoy, and can consistently do well on are Slums and Stand Off. Not as many windows, not so much high ground. Although, its easy to get spawn raped on Slums
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    CTD101 wrote: »
    Quickscopers are really getting my back up now. Yes theres an element of skill involved, but when I meet one round a corner and I'm dead before I even move it really gets on my nerves.
    paradise

360 quicksopers , they ruined snd on mw2, why oh why did they make it even easier for them in blackops 2:mad:
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I find the The zombie Mode transit so hard maximum i can survive is up to LV: 16. :( and thats with 4 of us.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Has anyone traded in recently & if so, where & what price did you get?

CeX giving you £33 cash at the moment
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    CeX giving you £33 cash at the moment

Yeah, I just done a search there but they're 20 miles away. Offering £36 trade :( HMV are offering £30 trade while GAME are only offering £25. No surprise them being the lowest
  • Options
    Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I overheard staff in Game saying they pricematch CEX
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just done a search there but they're 20 miles away. Offering £36 trade :( HMV are offering £30 trade while GAME are only offering £25. No surprise them being the lowest

its a massive surprise consider they won't be beat on trade ins, meaning ask them to beat CeX and they will
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Doesn't the other store you're comparing with need to be within a mile or so?
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Playing just now a guy just went 90-8 using just the knife and shield, didn't see what perks etc he was usin but that's wasn't right surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brady12 wrote: »
    I overheard staff in Game saying they pricematch CEX
    No I think you'll find they were looking for CEX.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Playing just now a guy just went 90-8 using just the knife and shield, didn't see what perks etc he was usin but that's wasn't right surely?
    Probably boosting. If you have ELiTE look at the heatmap for him or go into Theatre mode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't the other store you're comparing with need to be within a mile or so?

Not to sure about that but it's worth asking them in case, so you can make more money
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    GAMe will price match CEX providing you have a way of showing the price and they are less than a mile away.

They don't price match cash though.
  • Options
    Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I find the The zombie Mode transit so hard maximum i can survive is up to LV: 16. :( and thats with 4 of us.

I'm the same, I know people who have got to level 30+ and I think wtf.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sniping in this game is really getting on my nerves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would try sniping since it seems the thing to do. I got quite a few kills and even quickscoped a couple of poor buggers. The fact that I can even get decent results with a sniper rifle means they made them way too easy to use. I gone back to running about with my swat now though because that's my style of play even if it gets me killed more often.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    I thought I would try sniping since it seems the thing to do. I got quite a few kills and even quickscoped a couple of poor buggers. The fact that I can even get decent results with a sniper rifle means they made them way too easy to use. I gone back to running about with my swat now though because that's my style of play even if it gets me killed more often.

Given that the maps are the size of postage stamps I often wonder if there's much point to sniper rifles.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tush_91 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I know people who have got to level 30+ and I think wtf.

RelaxingEnd got to 55 wr until they wiped the leaderboards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that the maps are the size of postage stamps I often wonder if there's much point to sniper rifles.

There is a point just not the point they are supposed to used for.

Usually there is 1 or 2 snipers in the other Cods I played, last night I regularly was playing in games where there was at least 3 to 4 snipers a match hiding under cars or head glitching behind boxes. :rolleyes:

The weapons imo don't "feel" right. The snipers rifles are too easy to use,SMG's are overpowered. Same with the shotguns if you get the long barrel attachment. But all that would have been fine if the assault rifles haven't been so hit and miss. :( The Swat and Fal are ok but they're nowhere as good as the M16 in the original Black Ops. I would be the first to buy a "classic" weapons dlc if they ever made one.

All that moaning said :p I have enjoyed parts of the game. and don't regret buying it. I did enjoy the campaign,and I think the maps are nice. It's not as good as Black Ops but I like it better than MW3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I've only been a COD player since MW2, but I'd say of what I've experienced, these are the worse out the box maps so far.

Carrier - Headglitch city (although, that can be said for every map really), one massive spawn killing spot in Free For All. It's not even funny.

Yemen - Too many windows. Difficult to find one rushing route, without getting popped off from someone in a window.

Turbine - Urgh. In 6 for 6 I can go 30 seconds to more than a minute without encountering one enemy.

Hijacked - Balconies over looking major spawn points, ridiculous design.

Express - People love camping in those walk ways, or that one room, with windows either side.

Only maps I enjoy, and can consistently do well on are Slums and Stand Off. Not as many windows, not so much high ground. Although, its easy to get spawn raped on Slums

I think it's more a fault of how you're playing rather than the maps. If you know the danger spots then be more careful to avoid them. The only one I agree with is Turbine - snipers paradise.

The maps aren't that bad, far better than the rubbish from MW3.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    The weapons imo don't "feel" right. The snipers rifles are too easy to use,SMG's are overpowered. Same with the shotguns if you get the long barrel attachment. But all that would have been fine if the assault rifles haven't been so hit and miss. :( The Swat and Fal are ok but they're nowhere as good as the M16 in the original Black Ops. I would be the first to buy a "classic" weapons dlc if they ever made one.

I don't agree that the ARs are hit and miss, i can do just as well with the Mtar or Type 25 as an SMG, it's all about your play style. If you RnG then SMG, if you prefer a slower pace and sit back a bit then an AR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbob wrote: »
    I don't agree that the ARs are hit and miss, i can do just as well with the Mtar or Type 25 as an SMG, it's all about your play style. If you RnG then SMG, if you prefer a slower pace and sit back a bit then an AR.
    I agree. SMGs are weaker in this game. True story.

Require more bullets to kill.

ARs are pretty decent, in fact I can run and gun with Type 25 and stock with Lightweight.

Super fast slip sliding all over the map, can't hit me cheese.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zombies looks ruined almost on purpose. Maybe they're bored with making it? Cos it's godawful now.

I've died about 3 times due to a zombie getting me. All other times have been due to me walking backwards across the fire while headshotting a queue of the undead.

Not even worth bothering with on this game. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different opinions *shrugs*. .I just don't remember getting killed so much at mid range by someone using a SMG in BO1. I keep trying different guns with different attachments in combat training to see if there's one I can get on with but I keep going back to the SWAT.

I wouldn't say I was a good COD player so I'm not blaming weapons for my total lack of skill. Black Ops I was average at best and MW3 I was just crap. :D
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbob wrote: »
    I think it's more a fault of how you're playing rather than the maps. If you know the danger spots then be more careful to avoid them. The only one I agree with is Turbine - snipers paradise.

The maps aren't that bad, far better than the rubbish from MW3.

Village was a great MW3 map imho. Esp for Dom or HQ.