Options

Ant and Dec are struggling.....

I think the "Cheeky Geordie Chappies" seem to be struggling a bit this year, falling over their words, missing the timing of their punchlines, generally not being funny....and could someone tell Ant his Eric Bristow impression does not work! At this rate they are going to be about as much use as Swash....:eek:

Even the Aussie "crew" are obviously finding it hard to know when (or how) to laugh at our boys' hilarious routines! Is their time running out??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll always have a soft spot for the ant and dec. Like with Davina on BB, the show just wouldn't be the same without them. :D
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec are the best I never get tired or annoyed with them. I also agree about the Davina comment, I like her on million pound drop.
    Ant and Dec never seem to age.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have laughed quite a bit, and won't be writing them off just yet.
  • Options
    MenelausMenelaus Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like them, just dont think they are having a vintage year!
  • Options
    owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    I think the "Cheeky Geordie Chappies" seem to be struggling a bit this year, falling over their words, missing the timing of their punchlines, generally not being funny....and could someone tell Ant his Eric Bristow impression does not work! At this rate they are going to be about as much use as Swash....:eek:

Even the Aussie "crew" are obviously finding it hard to know when (or how) to laugh at our boys' hilarious routines! Is their time running out??

Lol, what? I don't think they're struggling at all!:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IAC is the only reality show I watch, and that's partly because of the way Ant and Dec present it.
    For some reason their cheesy jokes work on this show - for me anyway - and I like that they've never tried to be bigger than the show itself, if that makes sense; when you see publicity for the X Factor, for example, it seems to be sometimes more about the judges than the contestants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec are the best TV presenters and yes they do stumble on some words but tell me, which LIVE host does not do that ??? And there punchline are as good as ever and the Eric impression is really funny !
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yvie123 wrote: »
    IAC is the only reality show I watch, and that's partly because of the way Ant and Dec present it.
    For some reason their cheesy jokes work on this show - for me anyway - and I like that they've never tried to be bigger than the show itself, if that makes sense; when you see publicity for the X Factor, for example, it seems to be sometimes more about the judges than the contestants.

Agree wholeheartedly Yvie! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    Agree wholeheartedly Yvie! :)

Thank you!:)
  • Options
    queseraseraqueserasera Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the view that they are having a poor year. I reckon this is in no small part due to a pretty poor group of celebrities who are not doing anything exciting eg

Helen playing everyone for a mug when not doing the trials

Rosemary being rude and obnoxious

David, Eric and Nadine with their inverted snobery

Hugo being too tempermental at times

etc etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I think I must be watching a different show to the OP.
    For me, Ant and Dec have never been funnier than in this series
  • Options
    MenelausMenelaus Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha! Perhaps I'm being a bit grumpy! Must be Eric Bristow having a bad effect on me!
  • Options
    ladydedlock77ladydedlock77 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been loving them this year. Their "isn't that right prime minister jokes" have had me laughing out loud. I don't think I would watch this show without the two of them.
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any and dec are stars and I think their presenting is great. Love them x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    The jungle is the worst Ive seen.It is no wonder that they have less gags.
  • Options
    BRGBRG Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my. You dare to criticise the A&D, grab your tin hat!
    Seriously though I think they are great normally, one of the few acts who can be funny without swearing for one thing but for me they and the whole show feels incredibly flat this time. You can see the punch lines coming at the start of each prepared sketch and they don't seem to have the latitude they have been afforded previously. Each fluffed line used to be laughed at and played with, now it feels like there's a headmaster frowning behind the cameras. Maybe it's just me but the Eric impression is the funniest bit of the series so far?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'd better pick up their game because Joe Swash is sniffing around in the background and can smell their weakness. He's just waiting in the wings ready to pounce the first opportunity he can grab.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me why people dont like Joe Swash ????
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brandon15 wrote: »

What do you mean? Everybody loves Joe Swash.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menelaus wrote: »
    Ha ha! Perhaps I'm being a bit grumpy! Must be Eric Bristow having a bad effect on me!

Don't worry about it mate, I think you have a point. Maybe their irritation with Helen has put them out of kilter she was a pain and nothing funny was happening there. There is still no one better than A&D and I am sure they will finish on a high as always. :D
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are at their funniest when they fluff their words/lines. I prefer the fluffed lines to the scripted ones. I wouldn't watch IAC if anyone else was presenting it. They are the only reason I watch because there is sod all happening in the camp.
  • Options
    RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brandon15 wrote: »

He mispronounces words at best, at worst he doesn't even bother. I wouldn't watch him
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A&D are legends, it's just this year they've got so little to work with.

Aaaah for the likes of Insania or Bish Bash Bosh. The gold that was David Gest. Thems were the glory years.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anus & Dick are well past their sell by date.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the view that they are having a poor year. I reckon this is in no small part due to a pretty poor group of celebrities who are not doing anything exciting eg

Helen playing everyone for a mug when not doing the trials

Rosemary being rude and obnoxious

David, Eric and Nadine with their inverted snobery

Hugo being too tempermental at times

etc etc

Much as I love A&D and so it pains me to say this, I have to agree with the above. For my money they and their writers are doing the best they can with an all-round poor series of IACGMOOH. If the 'celebrities' aren't doing anything interesting (which by and large they're not this year) then Ant and Dec have less material to work with and must find it harder to come up with really funny links.

Having said all that, they are still the best presenters around and the only reason I'm still watching this show.