Hank1234 wrote: »
    Have you even seen these knocking about?! What's in it for the girl

Maybe they love each other
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they love each other
    Seems to be a hard concept for people to grasp.
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is ageism so much more acceptable than sexism and racism?

And it's not as if people of the same age don't get together for aromantic reasons.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be a hard concept for people to grasp.

It's always the same when you see an older man with a younger woman or an average looking premiership footballer with a supermodel. People automatically think "ooh she must love his money" without even considering that she likely just loves him and vice versa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is ageism so much more acceptable than sexism and racism?

And it's not as if people of the same age don't get together for aromantic reasons.
    Good question.

Middle-aged man with younger foreign wife/partner = automatically a dirty old pervert.

I don't doubt there are older men who are after a young, subservient foreign partner for sexual reasons. But the assumption that all are after that is definitely wrong.

And why does every middle-aged man connected with such relationships need to be the stereotypical 'disgusting, fat and bald'? I'm sure a fair share of Gordon Gecko wannabes will have gone down the East Asian path.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The young Asian female could be attracted to the much, much older fella. I always get a strong suspicion that she's only with him for the money though. He gets sex and she gets expensive gifts bought for her every so often.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes and most of them give of a hairy ladyboy vibe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The young Asian female could be attracted to the much, much older fella. I always get a strong suspicion that she's only with him for the money though. He gets sex and she gets expensive gifts bought for her every so often.
    The problem is that no-one (from memory) has actually bothered to define ages here.

If I saw what I thought to be a man in his 50s with an Asian woman in her late 20s/early 30s, I would think nothing of it.

However, if I saw a definite pensioner aged 70s/80s with a girl only just legal; or a very ugly old man with a stunning younger Asian women, then of course it becomes hard to believe there is any mutual love there at all.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't think it's a cliché Chuck, I thought that Lee's tongue in cheek pen portrait was humorous, not patronising, after all it is a discussion forum, where we share our thoughts.
    I respect your right to think that my contribution was insulting, but it wasn't meant to be, I just thought that Lee's post was close to the truth, and funny too.

well with all due respect you dont know what you re talking about .

Frenchmen washing once a year is probably the truer of the 2 .,and funny too
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debrajoan wrote: »
    Genuine question Jean-François, you sound too good to be true, (where were you before I found brain damage?), but when you say that you buy a lot of her clothes, does she say, "I like this, this, and this", then you choose what you want to buy her?
    Or do you go into shops on your own, exercise your fashion and dress sense, and then take out your credit card?
    I have a vision of you doing the latter, then coming in your door, laden with designer bags, calling out, "Here's Jeeeeeeaaaaaaannneeeeee!

Where was I before you met brain damage? I'm sure that he's fine, and that you love him really, but where were you Debrajoan?
    You were probably safe in school, I love women, but I draw the line, or did do, at around nineteen or twenty.
    I digress, I don't buy ALL her clothes, but if I'm in Harrods, or when I was still driving a black cab, in New or Old Bond Streets, and I see or saw, something that I just know is good, and will look good on her, I'd just go in and buy it.
    As the old saying goes, 'I don't know much about art, but I know what I like.'
    I'm the same with women's clothes, in my mind, I KNOW what looks good, and what it would look like on a fine looking woman.
    I love the image of me getting home and announcing "Here's Jeeeeeaaaaannnie!", but I never did it, perhaps I'll try it.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've known a few British guys in their 50s-60s with much younger (late teens-early 20s) Thai wives. I know one who had the classic "horror story" of the woman taking his money and going back to Thailand, and another supposedly conned by a Thai woman online - although, let's face it, "she" may well have been Thailand's answer to Frank Butcher sitting in an internet cafe somewhere ;-) (Although some of those relationships have lasted, or at least lasted longer than you'd expect; a family friend is Thai and came over in the late 70s to marry a white British guy, they divorced about five years ago but were still together for a long time)
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the programme on channel 5 yesterday about old english women and their young African husbands? Most of them waited 2 or 5 years (can't remember) and pretty much the day after they got their passports they were off :D
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    well with all due respect you dont know what you re talking about .

Frenchmen washing once a year is probably the truer of the 2 .,and funny too

Whatever floats your boat Chuck, and with all due respect, I do know what I'm talking about.
    The fact that you disagree is okay with me, that's your democratic prerogative, enjoy your day, from a sparkling clean Jean-Francois!
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the programme on channel 5 yesterday about old english women and their young African husbands? Most of them waited 2 or 5 years (can't remember) and pretty much the day after they got their passports they were off :D

That's your classic stereotype, yeah: old British men go for young Asian or Eastern European women, old British women go for young African, Caribbean, or Turkish men. No idea how true that is ... although there's that woman who's been in the papers a few times who went to Africa and married some guy young enough to be her son, he turned out to be a Prince and they are still together and now the King and Queen of that local area
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    By Asian, do you mean Indian/Pakistani? or Thai ? If Thai, I think older men go to Thailand to buy a young bride, and the Thai girls want to come to the west to escape their home poverty.

It's called Thai before you buy.

Seriously though, i'm sure their are many reasons older men go for young Asian women and many reasons why young Asian women go for older men but that's their business and not hurting anyone.

They could of course, been born in the UK too. Just looking at someone doesn't tell you their full story, although I think I can most Polish men a mile off, they do have a 'look'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called Thai before you buy.

Seriously though, i'm sure their are many reasons older men go for young Asian women and many reasons why young Asian women go for older men but that's their business and not hurting anyone.

They could of course, been born in the UK too. Just looking at someone doesn't tell you their full story, although I think I can most Polish men a mile off, they do have a 'look'.
    This. A woman may have obvious Asian heritage but could start talking in Geordie.

Many men in Northern Poland have the distinctive Slavic/Baltic phenotypes; as their number in the UK dwarf those of other East European nations, that's why you can generally tell the Poles here from looks alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever floats your boat Chuck, and with all due respect, I do know what I'm talking about.
    The fact that you disagree is okay with me, that's your democratic prerogative, enjoy your day, from a sparkling clean Jean-Francois!

With all due respect J F you really really dont .Its just stereotypical nonsense .So your 'experience' lies in visiting a few dens of inquity like Nana /Cowboy/Pattaya etc, drinking a few beers and banging a few hookers.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all due respect J F you really really dont .Its just stereotypical nonsense .So your 'experience' lies in visiting a few dens of inquity like Nana /Cowboy/Pattaya etc, drinking a few beers and banging a few hookers.?
    I wouldn't waste your time seeking justification if I were you.
  • Options
    Another POVAnother POV Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading throught his thread, no mention has been made of super rich old men marrying women young enough to be their daughters, to make them their "trophy wife".

Donald Trump springs to mind, he's now 68, wife No 3 and mother of his fifth baby is Melania who is 44 and married Donald in 2005 when she was 34 and Donald was 58 or 24 years older or almost a whole quarter of a century age differnce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't waste your time seeking justification if I were you.

Probably right there :)
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 9 years older than my Asian wife.

I hope she finds me attractive.... Can't be for my money, I have none!
  • Options
    lee_sharplee_sharp Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course you're right chuck me old mucker......not.

All the blokes I've seen with young Thai type girls have looked like they couldn't pull a muscle over here, so have had to resort to the equivalent of the Calais beer run......pay less get far more, shop abroad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_sharp wrote: »

All the blokes I've seen with young Thai type girls have looked like they couldn't pull a muscle over here, so have had to resort to the equivalent of the Calais beer run......pay less get far more, shop abroad.
    Of course, yes. Your observation must be fully representative of every older man that has ever had a relationship with a younger Asian woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you have seen a few blokes here

Is that the total sum of your knowledge on the subject ?
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As others have said, maybe they've just got standards

Instead of walking around with a fat wrinkly Tracy on their arm like other guys of the same age and attractiveness, they put a bit more effort and money into it and get a beautiful Asian woman