[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £3.29, but your first one is £1.64
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i had this business idea where i could post to customers a ripoff price for something they could get at 10% the cost in a supermarket.
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    Kevin1960 wrote: »
    They've told me they can't supply fresh fruit anymore; are they still sending it to you ??:confused:

No. I was hoping it was short term thing as the fresh fruit is British grown and seasonal.

Hopefully when spring comes we'll see it again:)
  • Options
    80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    Okay, convert me :D, because I still cannot for the life of me see the purpose.

I always have loads of fresh nuts, various seeds and dried fruits in large jars in my store cupboard, fresh seasonal fruit in a basket.
    I can make my own 'Graze Box' every day of the week, for a fraction of the prize, which I actually do - but I just grab a few out of a jar and pop'em straight into my mouth. :D

Good on you, thing is in the household the fruit bowl consists of apples, oranges and bananas. There is no variety and TBH if I bought nuts and seeds, the children probably wouldnt eat them.
    It's something about them turning up on a saturday IN A BOX that's a novelty and makes the kids eat them and enjoy it more.
    The variety it great and most of them i've never seen sold in the supermarket.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's chick wrote: »
    The variety it great and most of them i've never seen sold in the supermarket.

Seriously? like what? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    Seriously? like what? :confused:

I've not seen the salsa cashews or the korean chilli rice cake things, or quite a few others in their list while doing my shopping!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen the salsa cashews or the korean chilli rice cake things, or quite a few others in their list while doing my shopping!

Neither of those things are ingredients but things you could knock up from every supermarket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Julian graves or the local market do a good choice of dried fruit/ nuts/ rice crackers etc. Much cheaper plus you pick what you want .
    Personally, I'd rather tuck into some lovely fresh fruit or a bag of mixed nuts. I'd also watch the cals in the boxes, I expect they are very high in sugar.

ruby
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a little bit confused as to what purpose they serve ? :confused:
    Can someone enlighten me, please ? Is it some kind of lunchbox ?

The idea is to have healthy food that you want to eat, to graze on as snacks, as opposed to muffins as they say.

The punnets of food are yum, it's attractively presented and it's all done for you. I don't get the boxes any more because it's expensive for me, though, and I do hear what someone said about the amount of packaging.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    I've got a code for a free box for my friends :D If anyone wants to try it out to see how they like it then PM me and I'll give you the code :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the code sweetiepie I got mine this morning.

americas nut mix, firedragon, detox and kalamata olives

Not too bad, but I'm not keen on the nuts. I'll definitly be getting one a week though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a code for a free box too. PM if you want it. :)
  • Options
    Eleanor_RigbyEleanor_Rigby Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too have a code for a free box!
    PM me if you want it.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of trying these, as they look scrummy and I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment...

I leave for work early in the mornings though. If I got them delivered to home, picked them up when I got in, and took it to work the next day, would the food still be okay? I won't be able to get them delivered directly to work unfortunately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    I'm thinking of trying these, as they look scrummy and I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment...

I leave for work early in the mornings though. If I got them delivered to home, picked them up when I got in, and took it to work the next day, would the food still be okay? I won't be able to get them delivered directly to work unfortunately.

The snacks are all individually sealed so will keep for a while.

If you want to try a box for free I can PM you a code.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, that'd lovely, yes please! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello - I have a code too :)

My first box arrived on Wednesday. It was a little smaller than i had imagined it to be and the punnets were on the small side too. I did, however, absolutely love the contents of three of them (the walnuts, sunflower seeds and dates have been 'binned' - far too boring!).

I think it's a really great way to try different dried fruits and combinations of fruits/nuts (I only have fruit or nut combos, not the chocolate of crackers or flapjacks).

The first one is free, and I'll get the half price one next week, then the full price one the week after then stop. I've already bought some little plastic tubs and a selection of dried fruit and nuts so I can make up my own boxes. If I had lots of cash I'd likely buy one every week. However, £13+ a month on a few bits of fruit/nuts just isn't justifiable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I have had them delivered for a year.

It is nice to get the reduced ones, try new combinations and have a nice surprise every time.

They are expensive and it is cheaper to make your own combos.

I have cancelled mine as they have been late on more than one occasion, not even during the busier times of year and they don't reward you for staying with them. You are better to cancel and restart to get the reduced new customer deals.

They aren't caring when you complain about them being late.

I got a stone in one of mine and they insisted I sent it back at my expense.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These boxes annoy me greatly, people have them in the offices I clean and yes they may be recyclable but not if put in the normal rubbish bins, the amount of wasted food is incredible as people pick and chose what they will eat out of them, and the mess when they manage to tip them all over the place just drives me potty !

But other than that I am sure they are a great invention for the company to make money out of people :D
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it for a while but found that my list of what I liked was getting smaller and smaller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried these for a bit but I ended up getting too much repetition. I didn't set stuff to not like but I just received certain things too much.

I now just get mixed bags of nuts and dried fruit from tescos instead.
  • Options
    teapotsteapots Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had them delivered 1 a week for 6 weeks last year. Cancelled it in the end as most of the boxes were late. :(
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    My two colleagues who sit next to me are forever 'grazing' on their little packets of nibbles. I'm not tempted to sign up, it wouldn't be good value for me.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altheya wrote: »
    Anyone ever had a Graze box delivered? WWW.graze.com

I only recently heard about them (probably a bit behind the times)
    Your comment made me laugh - but in a good way!

I got a leaflet/offer for Graze with an Amazon delivery yesterday - and it's the first time I've ever heard of them, so I must be a dinosaur as I'm several years later than you to hear of them LOL.

I read many positive reviews elsewhere, and some not so good ones on here (mainly re price), and decided to go for it as the first one (and fifth) is free anyway. I've been grazing on dried fruit, seeds & salted peanuts lately, so it sounds right up my alley, and I like the surprise element of it. Got my first one coming on Monday. :)
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I get these. Problem is, they are devoured within 48 hours and I only get one a week :(