Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Yog101Yog101 Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Freema Agyeman is suggesting Ben Daniels:

Freema Agyeman ‏@FreemaOfficial 2m
    Matt is still the Doc! But we're all talking about who should be next... Automatic reaction I guess! So here's my 2 cents....@bendanielsss!
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    Wow! A perfect year for Doctor Who. An anniversary year and a regeneration year. Can't wait to see who's been cast. Richard Coyle anyone?

He has been my dream casting since Tennant announced his departure!
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yog101 wrote: »

Matt is still the Doc! But we're all talking about who should be next... Automatic reaction I guess! So here's my 2 cents....@bendanielsss!

That's understandable, they're friends I believe.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Freema, you big tease.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    That's understandable, they're friends I believe.

Both were in Law and Order UK.
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That pretty much rules Daniels out. The BBC would sue her for leaking that kind of info.

My guess is that Daniels will make an appearance in the Christmas Special but not as the new Doctor.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Pure speculation, but rooted in a spoiler regarding the 50th anniversary. I mention a few spoilers in the following paragraph

Matt Smith said 'paintings' would be significant in the anniversary special, and it can't be any coincidence that he is at Trafalgar Square (the National Gallery) in the story. But I was rewatching An Unearthly Child the other day, and considered something. Whilst talking with Ian and Barbara in the junkyard, the First Doctor is distracted by a painting which he is surprised to see and wonders why he hasn't spotted it before... he puts it back down and it isn't mentioned again. Does anyone think this will be alluded to in the 50th, given the apparent return to the junkyard in the story? It'd be a nice little nod back to the start of it all, I thought :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the GB insider-speculation brigade:

- Marcus Wilson has quit
    Diederick Santer gave me lots of good advice. The best - always leave the party while you're still having fun.

Tweet which was deleted before being posted again.

- Doctor 12 to be announced in the coming weeks. Comic Con was the original plan, however may have been pushed back due to Ben Daniels dropping out.

- Domhnall Gleeson, Daniel Kaluuya, & Dominic Cooper remain "The Three Would-Be Doctors"

- 50th Trailer to debut at Comic Con (as predicted by everyone). But will it be a Comic Con exclusive?! Hooray for YouTube!

- Paul McGann shouldn't be ruled out of a 2013 return. Additional filming, not archive footage / CGI.
  • Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

- Marcus Wilson has quit

This is just getting ridiculous at this point. What does Moffat do to drive them away? (Or "erase" them in some cases...)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does someone want to put a call in to Julie Gardner?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does someone want to put a call in to Julie Gardner?

MR. RELIABLE LEVINE seems to believe Nikki Wilson is back in the frame.
  • Richard_WatsonRichard_Watson Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    MR. RELIABLE LEVINE seems to believe Nikki Wilson is back in the frame.

Well that's next week sorted. But who will replace her?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Domhnall Gleeson, Daniel Kaluuya, & Dominic Cooper remain "The Three Would-Be Doctors"

One ginger fella, one black fella and one kooky-good-looking fella. Surprised they didn't chuck a woman in too to cover all the bases.

Having said that, I'd be utterly happy with Gleeson or Cooper, and Kaluuya only gets left out because I haven't seen him in anything.

And having said that, I feel anyone will be great. The Doctor is such a strong character, with a fantastically defined core but so much else to play with, that even a hack of a writer and a ham of an actor could make it work.

Keep the GB speculation coming, CD93, it saves me going on there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

- Domhnall Gleeson, Daniel Kaluuya, & Dominic Cooper remain "The Three Would-Be Doctors"

This sounds just strange. I mean Moffat has always been saying that he wantedto go for an older Doctor in his 40's already for 11 and makes it sound like Matt was an exception because he had such a great audition. So I find it just a bit weird that the oldest of the three mentioned here is 35 and Kaluuya is actually even younger than Smith was when he started. It just seems very unlikely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's down to three I would imagine they've had them all in, so maybe they had three really good auditions?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They do? I haven't noticed them mentioned much recently in the 12th Doctor subsection.
    Besides, Dominic Cooper is on record as saying he'd consider the role (implying he's not auditioned) and Domhnall Gleeson has outright said the rumours about him are rubbish.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    One ginger fella, one black fella and one kooky-good-looking fella. Surprised they didn't chuck a woman in too to cover all the bases.

Having said that, I'd be utterly happy with Gleeson or Cooper, and Kaluuya only gets left out because I haven't seen him in anything.

And having said that, I feel anyone will be great. The Doctor is such a strong character, with a fantastically defined core but so much else to play with, that even a hack of a writer and a ham of an actor could make it work.

Keep the GB speculation coming, CD93, it saves me going on there!

From Skins, to Black Mirror by way of Psychoville, Chatroom and The Fades, I have enjoyed watching Daniel Kaluuya in everything I've seen him in. He has a kind of bumbling comedic signature in most things, but can bring the emotion if he needs to.

I certainly wouldn't mind any of those three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    From Skins, to Black Mirror by way of Psychoville, Chatroom and The Fades, I have enjoyed watching Daniel Kaluuya in everything I've seen him in. He has a kind of bumbling comedic signature in most things, but can bring the emotion if he needs to.

I certainly wouldn't mind any of those three.

I keep meaning to crack on with Psychoville, as I thought LoG was genius. Those blokes come from my frames of reference.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I keep meaning to crack on with Psychoville, as I thought LoG was genius. Those blokes come from my frames of reference.

I enjoyed it. It's such a shame it became a casualty of the penny-pinching (right before it won awards, too...). If you like LoG, it's similar. Not as grotesque perhaps, but definitely similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. It's such a shame it became a casualty of the penny-pinching (right before it won awards, too...). If you like LoG, it's similar. Not as grotesque perhaps, but definitely similar.

I'll definitely check it out then. Cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard a couple of female names have been auditioned too...

<Looks at worms outside the can>
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thankfully there are laws prohibiting employers from excluding women from jobs based on their gender alone :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what?

I don't give a fig if the next Doctor is male, female, White, Black, Asian, gay, straight, bisexual or whatever.

I just want the next person *cast* in the part to BE the Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    You know what?

I don't give a fig if the next Doctor is male, female, White, Black, Asian, gay, straight, bisexual or whatever.

I just want the next person *cast* in the part to BE the Doctor.

I trust in moffat to make a felicitous choice, just like he did with Matt.

Having said that, I'd love it to be damien molony.
This discussion has been closed.