A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going anywhere nice CNBC :)?

And it's now hitting us here in Wales had a few lightning srikes :eek:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm heading off to Germany for a few days, just to get away before college starts :cool: Yeah there were high winds and some floods here in Ireland. Some people had no electricity :o
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm i knew what point you were making on that Ellie thread.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else think talking bollocks on Twitter is fun? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm i knew what point you were making on that Ellie thread.

Thanks LM, I wasn't disregarding the albums or her success. But as a fan having followed her I have seen it's shift from sleeper her to success. And her's from indie darling to Hugely successful mainstream artist in the manner of Florence it was all that I meant.

And haha never use it truth but trolling does sound like fun :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Thanks LM, I wasn't disregarding the albums or her success. But as a fan having followed her I have seen it's shift from sleeper her to success. And her's from indie darling to Hugely successful mainstream artist in the manner of Florence it was all that I meant.

Not trolling, talking bollocks. It's very different :p
    Forum Member

I don't use Twitter either but it does sound fun :D Could troll some one to ones :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha either one sounds good Truth :p

And casually drop hints about the wonders of Microsoft to them CNBC :D
    Forum Member
    And casually drop hints about the wonders of Microsoft to them CNBC :D

I hate Windows but I think if I had to deal with one to ones I'd tell them to install Windows on their Macs and be done with it :D It also seems appropriate coming up to a certain day ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha it'd be worth it see the looks on their faces :D
    Forum Member
    Haha it'd be worth it see the looks on their faces :D

Oh it certainly would be :D Only 11 days to go until a certain anniversary ;-) I'm kinda excited!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to believe we will be saying goodbye to XP this year :cry:

Our company still uses it :eek: so they better pull the finger out and get upgraded :D
    Forum Member
    Hard to believe we will be saying goodbye to XP this year :cry:

Our company still uses it :eek: so they better pull the finger out and get upgraded :D

Yeah support ends in April. It was a good OS in its day but I'm happy using a Mac dual booted with Windows 7 (the latter reserved for games :D) now. I hated Vista and I'm not fond of 8 either. What are they gonna upgrade to at work if they do decide to get their act together and upgrade?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most divisions have already upgraded to 7 but our division is the last because we have a lot of picky in-house applications that need to be ported to 7 before we can upgrade.
    Forum Member
    Most divisions have already upgraded to 7 but our division is the last because we have a lot of picky in-house applications that need to be ported to 7 before we can upgrade.

Couldn't they run XP in VirtualBox or VMware or even XP Mode in Windows 7 to run those applications?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are you CNBc :)
    Forum Member
    I'm ok, just busy because I'm leaving later on. I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon but I'm staying overnight somewhere along the way. I'm flying on Ryanair :(
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Afternoon everyone :)

Hope you're well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey mimi yeah I'm gd thanks you :)

And hope you have your change ready for all those concessions isn't it like a £1 to pee :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having an itunes clear out as well as adding new music.

It's disgusting they charge you to go to the toilet. Going to the toilet is a normal every day human right. They wouldn't charge you to breathe or walk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they run XP in VirtualBox or VMware or even XP Mode in Windows 7 to run those applications?

Too complicated to push to the corporate bean counters.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Having an R&B hour again. I've created a playlist on Spotify which consists of some Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Aaliyah, Ciara, Rihanna, Ashanti and Kelly Rowland at the moment.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking 90s and/or early 00s :)
    It's disgusting they charge you to go to the toilet. Going to the toilet is a normal every day human right. They wouldn't charge you to breathe or walk.

I agree with this. It's disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mimicole, i urge you to check out Jasmine Sullivan. Her debut album Fearless is one of my underrated R&B gems. She's a bit like Alicia Keys but as controversial as this sounds, i think she is much better and has an edgier voice and is much more truthful and less cliche in her songwriting