Penn & Teller: Fool Us, ITV1&HD, Sat 8pm, 18-25 Jun, 2-9-16-23-30 Jul

Comments

• soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think even I spotted a sloppy palming move at the end?
  • Honey84Honey84 Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Swedish guys remind me of someone.... P&T.
  • al531al531 Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Well that was obvious no?
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could see the obvious slight of hand with that card he took out of his mouth and then opening the card up.
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly the card that came out of his mouth wasn't the one that he unfolded at the end.
  • al531al531 Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Maybe not. Another clumsy move like the two lads last week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a switch? Interesting.
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe not..... they made it look like a clumsy switch though to bluff them.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The old fake palming
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh oh, more controversy all over twitter tonight with this one!
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    think even I spotted a sloppy palming move at the end?

The fact that he took the card out of his mouth with the tongs I was fully expecting him to then pass the card to Penn and Teller and totally amaze me.

Sadly that wasn't the case.
  • Ex PatEx Pat Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    So here we go again:)
    A card switch that wasn't. We'll still be debating this in 7 days.:yawn:
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foxy Rhino wrote: »
    Clearly the card that came out of his mouth wasn't the one that he unfolded at the end.
    Yeah, that seemed obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely looked like a switch at the end and if it wasn't then he should have kept the card in the tongs and passed it directly to Teller to unfold. That would have made the trick more amazing.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another fake clumsy move then?

This is annoying!

So it was transfered during the guys frequent visits to the guy "taped up". Without the clumsy palming P&T would have figured when the card was transfered.
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    How do we know that they were not lying to P&T just to cover up the sleight of hand?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like again, acts are exploiting the "loophole" of the programme by distracting P&T into a false sense of security. I certainly thought that there was a switch there when he put the card in his palm, and i'm hardly clued up on the secrets of magic. It is like they try to make the answer obvious, so that P&T don't work out the actual secret of the trick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    They'll need to look at the rules for next season. This deliberate attempt to show the trick as a switch is getting annoying as it's just being used as a way to get through.
  • StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Another fake clumsy move then?

This is annoying!

So it was transfered during the guys frequent visits to the guy "taped up". Without the clumsy palming P&T would have figured when the card was transfered.
    So that's kind of a cheat way to fool them, and not how they'd perform it for real?
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Maybe when he was slapped on the back of the head and lunged forward he slipped it in his mouth?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its slightly annoying that P&T have to be somewhat vague in their description of how the trick is done to preserve the secret but this allows the magic act to be "Leniant" in the truth with how theyld describe their secret

theres no other way that trick could have worked without a switch at the very end.

And if it wasnt a switch, why didnt he hand the card directly with the tongs?

I know they try to keep it light hearted and jovial but it would be better if the adjudicator had more of a presence.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Thank god this show ends next week, starting to get un-enjoyable.
  • GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maltshovel wrote: »
    How do we know that they were not lying to P&T just to cover up the sleight of hand?
    They have to tell the programme's independent adjudicator their method before they perform their trick.
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    They have to tell the programme's independent adjudicator their method before they perform their trick.
    Ok thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise Penn uses his atheism in his act !