Options

UFO seen hovering in night sky spooks Aberdeenshire family

MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
Forum Member
✭✭
Ritchie's daughter Cara, 27, said: "It was really scary, I’m actually still scared just in case something happens; like the alien invasion in Mars Attacks.

:D

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/195124-something-strange-in-the-neighbourhood-as-ufo-is-sighted-video/

Comments

• Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ball lightning or a military aircraft that people aren't used to seeing?
  • Options
    charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks pretty scary to me.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fairly inconclusive.

Most likely a helicopter.

I love how some nutters always construe UFO's with lights to automatically be something from another world - like you'd visit another world with your lights flashing everywhere?

Did the Mars rover have great big flashing lights on it? Do our investigative satellites in the solar system have great big flashing lights on them?

I suspect not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The daughter is a brilliant interviewee :D

"Even my fiancee was really freaked out, he kept the door half shut when he went for a cigarette."

:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Made me chuckle "UFO Expert!" :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the question should be.

Why do we automatically assume someone is telling lies or crazy, when they give us an Eye Witness report of a crime or sighting of some kind?

Why did we all scoff and laugh and the conspiracy tales about Jimmy Savile?

Why did we assume that those who said he'd abused them, were liars to be attacked and ridiculed?

Have we been programmed NOT to ask too many questions, and laugh at people who ask awkards questions or who report mysterious observations?

Why do we automatically assume, that everyone else is lying?

Most people won't beleive something until the BBC says so. So we live in a world where the State Broadcaster is holder of all truth........and where did that leave Saviles victims?

What else are "they" not telling us? What else have they told us to laugh and scoff at?
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Ritchie's daughter Cara, 27, said: "It was really scary, I’m actually still scared just in case something happens; like the alien invasion in Mars Attacks.

Brilliant quote :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    Fairly inconclusive.

Most likely a helicopter.

I love how some nutters always construe UFO's with lights to automatically be something from another world - like you'd visit another world with your lights flashing everywhere?

Did the Mars rover have great big flashing lights on it? Do our investigative satellites in the solar system have great big flashing lights on them?

I suspect not.

Yes we put lights on helicopters and aircraft to avoid collisions. We even put them on top of buildings so the planes can see them. Flashing lights everywhere.

And interesting. You obviously know there is life in the universe as we are here. And you also observer that we send probes to other planets. (Maybe we didnt put flashing lights on it as we know there is unlikley to be other aircraft flyiung around, ot to mention, it is on the ground the whole time)

So to conclude, you are totally 100% behind us, sending probes to other planets. Yet it is hillarious and crazy to suggest others would do the same?

Can you explain that crack in your logic?

(If it is like some god thing, and "we are the only ones in his image thing"...save it, I'm not in to religious debates)
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superior wrote: »
    Yes we put lights on helicopters and aircraft to avoid collisions. We even put them on top of buildings so the planes can see them. Flashing lights everywhere.

And interesting. You obviously know there is life in the universe as we are here. And you also observer that we send probes to other planets. (Maybe we didnt put flashing lights on it as we know there is unlikley to be other aircraft flyiung around, ot to mention, it is on the ground the whole time)

So to conclude, you are totally 100% behind us, sending probes to other planets. Yet it is hillarious and crazy to suggest others would do the same?

Can you explain that crack in your logic?

(If it is like some god thing, and "we are the only ones in his image thing"...save it, I'm not in to religious debates)

You're as good as jumping to conclusions as I am.

I'm an atheist so no god claptrap from me.

I just get amused that a UFO in the sky is always immediately seen as something from an alien world.

The very fact people use UFO and alien craft interchangeably winds me up no end.

A UFO is purely that. Something unidentified in the sky.
    I
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do we automatically assume someone is telling lies or crazy, when they give us an Eye Witness report of a crime or sighting of some kind?

Why did we assume that those who said he'd abused them, were liars to be attacked and ridiculed?

Have we been programmed NOT to ask too many questions, and laugh at people who ask awkards questions or who report mysterious observations?

Most people won't beleive something until the BBC says so. So we live in a world where the State Broadcaster is holder of all truth........and where did that leave Saviles victims?

What else are "they" not telling us? What else have they told us to laugh and scoff at?

Well said. The state control most people's thoughts these days (particularly on this forum) and nobody is allowed to believe anything that strays from the norm or media hype/propoganda.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    'When Ritchie woke at 7am, the spectacle had vanished but she remains disturbed by the unexplained object that awoke her that night'.

Must have been really scarey, in fact so scarey she slept ok.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Well said. The state control most people's thoughts these days (particularly on this forum) and nobody is allowed to believe anything that strays from the norm or media hype/propoganda.

The state are controlling people's thoughts on this forum?

Have you tried wrapping your head in something metalic?
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ball lightning or a military aircraft that people aren't used to seeing?

...you forgot that old chestnut "swamp gas".

This may not be a high rated "sighting"...but there are plenty of others to suggest that extra terrestrial races are visiting us and various governments suppress the fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Och nah, awee withee, yar neybe doomed.

Too many wee drams in yherr tent, an yer filming yer LED camping light batteree ah failing.

NO ALIENS HERE MOVE ALONG.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Chinese lanterns.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's pretty good footage of a UFO actually. I would have been intrigued if I'd spotted it as well.
    Of course, whether it's little green visitors from another planet is another matter...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's a bit different because everyone agrees it's physically possible for a man to abuse girls, there are a lot of people who are certain aliens do not exist.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    The state are controlling people's thoughts on this forum?

Have you tried wrapping your head in something metalic?

I've tried tin foil but it doesn't stay on well ;) Too many vibes buzzing around from alien ships.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Chinese lanterns.
    Doesn't look like Chinese lanterns, they wouldn't all stay at the same distance apart like that IMO.
  • Options
    YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is the quality always so rubbish on videos such as these...surely these days you could whip out a phone and take a stunning HD picture of the alien invasion proving finally it's all real...

Oh wait...silly question.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look like Chinese lanterns, they wouldn't all stay at the same distance apart like that IMO.

Seen several all released at the same time all going the same way the wind is blowing but there you go.

Just because these appear to be all in a line, they could be several miles apart.

If aliens were looking for intelligent life, they wouldn't start with Scotland surely...;)

Sorry, I jest I really do :) I'm sure its something frankie boyle would say were he not in court defending himself against the daily mirror.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    The daughter is a brilliant interviewee :D

"Even my fiancee was really freaked out, he kept the door half shut when he went for a cigarette."

:D:D

HA Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

I definitely have to have a look later now :D
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea what the UFO is. But there is a lot of things it could actually be that's not alien visitors.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quote: 'I was quite apprehensive going to bed, I just kept wondering if it could see me'.

:D:D I'm gonna die, :D
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the quality always so rubbish on videos such as these...surely these days you could whip out a phone and take a stunning HD picture of the alien invasion proving finally it's all real...

Oh wait...silly question.
    Wouldn't that be Men In Black 3? :D

Anyway at least this video provides proof that UFOs exist. Not that they're proof of aliens visiting from another planet of course.