BB is no longer a reality show, it has become a contrived drama.

reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Lets face it, all they are short of is a script...... or are they?

We have no live feed, we are fed what the producers want us to see, we spend our money voting on what we are being fed.
This to me is wrong and does need to be looked into.

We might as well watch Katie Price "reality show" and send her our money just for viewing it, same thing really.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    Its been like that since at least BB7 imo all this voting people out then letting them back in, outsider interactions etc
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is now officially faux-reality. We have no idea what is going on in the house, what they are really like or how they are interacting. We just don't have the information.
  • kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed, i wouldn't be surprised if it was scripted as atleast it would explain rylan. they probably heard about the hills and jersey shore and realize scripted reality tv is "the new in thing", whatever im pretty much done with big brother.. i don't want to sound racist but i do hate how the show doesn't represent minorities, i know on the odd occasion they bring in a rapper or one asian girl, but i mean why can't we have a diverse bunch of housemates? instead of a damn essex lethario every damn year, why can't we have a sikh guy? a punjabi singer, a young up and coming actress/actor less of the old eastenders "veterans" and more diversity (not the bgt group). i hope things change sooner or later i seriously can't stand how staged everything seems to have become.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    reader123 wrote: »

We have no live feed, we are fed what the producers want us to see, we spend our money voting on what we are being fed.

We might as well watch Katie Price "reality show" and send her our money just for viewing it, same thing really.

Noticed that did you ?
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tragedy...
    When you lose control
    And you got no soul , it's
    Tragedy...
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do yo expect when they start putting the likes of the Pratts on the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Wont be watching again after cbb finishes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem with this as long as the viewers know what they are being fleeced for.

Transparency...
    Lessons will be learnt...

Yeah right. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The whole attraction of Big Brother for me, in the first place was how fascinating it was to watch how real people interacted with each other in the Big Brother House. Now, with scenes being manipulated and cartoon-type characters being introduced and given special treatment, the magic is dying and we are getting closer to scripted fakery. It seems to be a case now of ‘the public wants what the public gets.’ The Big Brother creators are forcing this new type of show on us. I, for one am not enjoying it.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I commented on another thread that the producers of reality TV don't seem to think reality is interesting enough for TV so are forever manipulating it to make it more exciting.

But I do wonder if viewers are the root cause of this. How many times have we read on these forums that so and so is boring. Which seems to be the label attached to anyone who isn't having regular heated arguements and high drama. It seems that observing human intereaction, watching relationships evolve and witnessing the natural politics that occurs when people are thrown together is not exciting enough for many if not most viewers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    reader123 wrote: »

I think finding out Rylan was accepted for the show knowing he would be rehearsing for another show, has probably done a lot of damage......I have always suspected some situations are scripted, like Rylan in the D/R when he hasn't been in the house, BB must have brought him up scratch about what had happened that day.

Fans have taken a lot off Channel 5, but this is the limit IMO the contestants being their 24/7 was all we had to hang onto to call it BB, now that's gone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Ye i agree
  • SilentWitnessSilentWitness Posts: 9,395
    Forum Member
    "BB is no longer a reality show, it has become a contrived drama."

I have to say, it's beginning to look that way. No matter what Emma Willis and Jamie East say, it's no longer as spontaneous as it used to be. I think that died with BB5.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say it but BB is mostly fake now. How can we trust anything they tell us? I mean tommorow it could come out that someone else has been leaving the house too. we just don't know anymore.