New pictures and info about the next 'Terminator' film.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/this-weeks-cover-first-look-at-terminator-genisys/

i am ever so confused.

so does this film have nothing to do with the original films ??
is it a complete reboot starting from scratch?

i am sure i read somewhere that the Terminator goes back in time to fix change something about what happened in the timeline of the original films, hence why Arnie had aged, and the story was that the flesh around the Terminator still ages, and that was going to explain why Arnie's terminator looks old.
But the link above does not reference that at all.

does anybody know what this latest film is all about ?:confused:

Comments

• performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what they're essentially doing is having a Terminator sent back to when Sarah was a kid, to protect her, thus changing the course of everything that followed.
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Pops' :eek:
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I read that it is going to have a "Back to the Future 2 / Trials and Tribble-ations" vibe where characters are reinserted into footage and events of the first movie and we see those things happen from new angles, using special effects to complete the effect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow, 30 years ago since the first one :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I had read this was going to be a reboot with no connection to terminator salvation which was disappointing as its the best of the four,but with it starting 10 years or so after the last one I guess its keeping the same continuity.pity they didn't get the salvation cast back though.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stop laughing at Matt Smith trying to look tough with his old mans face while looking like he's holding a Paintball Gun. Even more laughable pictures of this train wreck of a film can be found below.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69308?utm_source=section-feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_term=coolnews&utm_campaign=1310_RSS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but the plot for this sounds dreadful and Jai Courtney is a cr@p actor... I had hope when Emilia Clarke and Matt Smith were cast, but the plot sounds well, not very good.

They've missed an idea here. They should have picked up from the end of Rise of The Machines and show us the war we were teased with during the first two films. The studio could then have made a better version of Salvation and then made two sequels after that (thus making the new planned trilogy and ending the series with six movies). You could have had the three new movies set during the futuristic war and end them where the first movie started, but from John Connor's and Kyle Reese's POV. The ending could have been the humans getting the upper hand over Skynet and thus Skynet send back the original Terminator. Connor then sends Kyle back in time to stop The Terminator and protect his mum. Basically the series is a giant loop:

1) The Terminator - The original as we know it
    2) Terminator 2: Judgement Day - The original sequel as we know it
    3) Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines - The second sequel. It wasn't great, but that ending would be great to follow on from
    4) New Sequel - Picking up some time after the ending to Terminator 3 and showing what happened next including how Arnie became the face the Terminator was modelled on. Set in a war-torn future between man and machine.
    5) New Sequel 2 - Continuation of the above new sequel.
    6) New Sequel 3 - The humans gain the upper hand so Skynet send The Terminator back in time to kill Connor's mom (as seen in the first film) whilst the movie ends with Connor sending Kyle back in time to protect his mom and make sure he himself is conceived.

^^ That's the route they should have taken the films in IMO. Of course i'll see the movie before judging, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this new film tbh. The first is still the best by a long shot imo.