Options

Broadchurch Series 2 - #TheEndIsWhereItBegins

Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
Forum Member
So tonight ITV have officially started airing adverts for series 2 of Broadchurch with the tagline The End Is Where It Begins.

Never been so excited to see and hear an advert before :) loved the epic series 1 and can't wait for series 2 now, anyone know when that is?

Advert 1

Advert 2

Comments

• Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbo19 wrote: »
    So tonight ITV have officially started airing adverts for series 2 of Broadchurch with the tagline The End Is Where It Begins.

Never been so excited to see and hear an advert before :) loved the epic series 1 and can't wait for series 2 now, anyone know when that is?

Advert 1

Advert 2

Tenannt will hope it gets a third season as his second foray into American tv has failed, Gracepoint sucks.😄
  • Options
    BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Strange - you would think they would at least mention it was Broadchurch they were advertising.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it will start at the very beginning of January. Either Sunday 4th or Monday 5th. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The full trailer will probably be shown for the launch next week of IAC
  • Options
    Robbo19Robbo19 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Looking at listings ITV Encore are repeating Broadchurch series 1 from tomorrow (10 Nov) at 9pm airing one episode a week, meaning we could see series 2 starting on 5 January 2015 if it airs on a Monday again.

IIRC ITV Encore repeated Downton Abbey series 1-4 which finished on 19 Sept 2014 ready for series 5 on 21 Sept 2014.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like the first series but will give series 2 a go (I love police dramas) although I doubt I'll last as I can't stand David Tennant.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and for me and countless others seeing that and not watching broad church didn't have a bloody clue what it was about, great advertising itv
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Strange - you would think they would at least mention it was Broadchurch they were advertising.

:D

Exactly what I thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I didn't like the first series but will give series 2 a go (I love police dramas) although I doubt I'll last as I can't stand David Tennant.

Why bother watching a series you don't like?
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing irritates more than these stupid hashtags for TV shows. You see them splashed all over the screen on American shows, I hope to Christ we won't be going the same way.

It's like they'd rather have everyone on Twitter talking about it than have people actually sit and watch and stay focused solely on the programme.

I enjoyed Broadchurch, for what it was. Some very good performances. Not as good as some would have you believe, but certainly better than a lot of British drama in the past few years. Is a scond series necessary? I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm intrigued about where the story will go for series 2. Apparently they're telling a "different" kind of story from the first series.

I just hope it doesn't feel like an unnecessary add-on.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,774
    Forum Member
    I wonder if series 2 will focus on the trial?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tenannt will hope it gets a third season as his second foray into American tv has failed, Gracepoint sucks.😄

I don't think Gracepoint is that bad. The problem is everyone is comparing it to the original.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was very excited by the Broadchurch teasers, last night. I still have the first series on the Skyplus, so will give it a whirl once again. :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I don't think Gracepoint is that bad. The problem is everyone is comparing it to the original.

I watched about 10 minutes of Gracepoint - it looked like a parody. If they'd added a laugh track it might have worked on Adult Swim but as a serious drama I thought it was woeful.

Not so much me comparing it to Broadchurch - just any generic American cop show
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    I wonder if series 2 will focus on the trial?

It should be something like that as how would Colman and Tennant still be in it (If they are) Her hubby did it and Tennant retired or got kicked out didn't he?

I lost the will to live at the end so doubt I will watch the 2 series.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why bother watching a series you don't like?

As I said, I love police dramas.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    As I said, I love police dramas.

I love comedies, doesn't mean I'll force myself to sit through one I don't like.
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #MeaninglessAdvert
    #WasItEvenAnAdvert
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Broadchurch returns in January!!
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought ITV were supposed to be airing Gracepoint at some point? Perhaps with the news tonight that Broadchurch is back in January, we won't see Gracepoint until after that has aired?
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #TheBeginningIsWhereIChangeTheChannel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    #TheBeginningIsWhereIChangeTheChannel

#WeHaveToWonderWhyYourOnThisThread-WhatAWasteOfTime
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a spoiler; just my own speculation but better to be safe than sorry
    RE: #theendiswhereitbegins
    When we were first introduced to Broadchurch, so was Alec Hardy (David Tennant). Perhaps we will leave it for good as Alec dies. It ends with him as it started with him.

I'm also intrigued to see what they'll do this time. I remember reading an interview with Chris Chibnall in which he said he viewed Broadchurch as being more about the characters and how their small town reacts to a murder, rather than the "whodunit?" aspect. I don't share that view. For me, the appeal of Broadchurch Series 1 was the "whodunit?" and I'm not sure how I'll feel if Series 2 is lacking that. I can see why they wouldn't do another murder because the characters wouldn't react quite the same as they did the first time, having been through it before but will Chris Chibnall manage to maintain our interest in characters we only got to know for 8 hours (which is only around 2 weeks in soap land) last time? We'll see.
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im facing the prospect of Broadchurch 2 with dread because of the "season 2 syndrome".
    I loved Broadchurch, as I loved The Fall and Peaky Blinders. However Im not enjoying the second seasons of either as much, and Im now expecting a similar reaction to Broadchurch 2...and also True Detective.

The first seasons are so good and strong in their originality.They innovate and are complete in themselves as Dramas. But second seasons become "indulgence" where the balance changes, maybe over the pressures of interested parties for commercial success. Whatever, I found both Peaky Blinders 2 and The Fall 2 to become self- indulgent and less interesting.

I wish shows would have the courage to stop at one season....more like "Life on Mars", although i recognise there was the spin off, Ashes to Ashes.