Options

Viewing figures for Sunday

StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
Forum Member
✭✭✭
9.35 million peopled watched the grand final yesterday.
This is still a respectable figure these days with catch up tv etc, but does anyone know if this is the lowest figure for a final? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was'nt a great night to have it on with SPOTY on the Beeb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was'nt a great night to have it on with SPOTY on the Beeb.

I switched over to SPOTY for an hour or so. That is a strong indication this years XF Final was not the strongest! I am a big XF fan but was not compelled to watch ben or fleur, good professional singers though they are.
    Compared to the heady days of Matt vs Rebecca or, even, Shane vs Andy the bin man, this year lacked sparkle.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    According to Wikipedia, it's the lowest rated final results show yet, but with catch-up, probably will be on par with last year.

Series 1: 9.96m
    S2: 9.90m
    S3: 10.78m
    S4: 12.23m
    S5: 14.06m
    S6: 16.28m
    S7: 17.71m
    S8: 13.46m
    S9: 11.50m
    S10: 10.20m
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9.35 million is indeed the lowest viewing figures for an XF Final since the second Series!

Yet another hit is dealt, but the producers continue to ignore the downfall...
  • Options
    Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    SPOTY gives Simon a ready made excuse. He can add 2 mill to that without anyone really being able to question it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's pretty poor viewing figures, isn't it. They've got to do something to change things up, or it won't last much longer, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, it's the lowest rated final results show yet, but with catch-up, probably will be on par with last year.

Series 1: 9.96m
    S2: 9.90m
    S3: 10.78m
    S4: 12.23m
    S5: 14.06m
    S6: 16.28m
    S7: 17.71m
    S8: 13.46m
    S9: 11.50m
    S10: 10.20m

Thank you. Yes, I'd say with catch up that maybe last three years are really about the same?
    Seasons 5 to 8 were the peak.
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that Konnie Huq presented the Xtra Factor during the highest-viewed year. They really need to bring her back because I didn't really take to Sarah-Jane...
  • Options
    TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    I love the fact that Konnie Huq presented the Xtra Factor during the highest-viewed year. They really need to bring her back because I didn't really take to Sarah-Jane...

Me neither - calling everyone 'mate'. Is she off BBC's 1-Extra or something? I preferred Murs and Flack!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will stay on the air while it's making money.. and it is. Lots of it. Plus it's one of the highest rated shows on television, can't see it being dropped until it hits about 5m.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will never be anyone like Holly for the X-Tra Factor. Those were the years!
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it sold to dozens of coutries around the world too? (The UK series broadcast rights I mean, not the format in general.) I'm sure it makes plenty of money for Syco. The might not get as much money from ITV because of the lower ratings, but they'll still be well in profit.

I assume the iTunes downloads of all of the live show performances also probably help to cover any shortfall from ITV.

I can't see Olly coming back, and I doubt Caroline will too, now. They need someone that's going to be there for a few years instead of just hiring passing fancies.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    Isn't it sold to dozens of coutries around the world too? (The UK series broadcast rights I mean, not the format in general.) I'm sure it makes plenty of money for Syco. The might not get as much money from ITV because of the lower ratings, but they'll still be well in profit..

It's also flopped in lots of countries as well. It got cancelled in France after 2 series and in German ratings for the last series were so bad that they cut the number of live shows to wrap things up quicker.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    It will stay on the air while it's making money.. and it is. Lots of it. Plus it's one of the highest rated shows on television, can't see it being dropped until it hits about 5m.

Here's hoping then.

Reality TV has quite literally dumb downed primetime broadcast TV, and anyone who watches it should be deeply ashamed.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    There was a peak of 10.5 million.

That is a very good audience in this day and age. When X Factor started out, there wasn't ondemand TV. There is more choice than ever before now.
  • Options
    bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reality is it's had it's day & this series has flopped. People harped on last year about the glory years of Cowell & Cheryl Cole & their return would see the viewing figures increase but in truth they have fallen even further. The programme has become an embarrasment & most people i know think it's a joke, as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Ratings has fallen because people knows what Simon gets up too, in order to get his own way. ...and they are not liking it one bit!!! Added to the fact that whoever is crowned winner, aint gonna last 12 months....with crap contestants flocking in on a yearly basis and not amounting to much....viewers are resigning to the fact that the X factor has had its day! !!:D:o:D