Options

Ed - Is *spoiler* back for good?

thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Rachel, incase you haven't seen the episode.

Does anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I would like her to be but I doubt it. :(
  • Options
    Sally77Sally77 Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she starts to return, even if it is just to clear up what happened about Archie and why Jai has him etc, otherwise I don't think I can stand much more of Jai's mumbling!!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    She's back for 'a good while' according to an interview with the actress.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooo. I can't stand her
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yassssss she's back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am pleased she is back. The only thing is I hope she doesn't getting hassle from the Dingles for sending Charity to jail. The Dingles are quick to blame people completely forgetting that Charity was actually guilty!!
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    I am pleased she is back. The only thing is I hope she doesn't getting hassle from the Dingles for sending Charity to jail. The Dingles are quick to blame people completely forgetting that Charity was actually guilty!!

The dingles are always doing that and it's infuriating >:(

As much as I don't love Rachel I hope that doesn't happen. However given the fact that they basically have the morals of a gnat I don't hold out much hope :(
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Emmer is starting to get a bit stronger now, and her return can only help that.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the episode yet but I really hope not, with the awful Tracy being back as well it could only mean more screentime for Sam, and that's never a good thing. Although can she take Archie with her before she leaves again, I hate how every time someone mentions Rachel he says "and I'm his dad" like that means Rachel doesn't matter. He's so self-centred that he doesn't realise that everything he felt when he was apart from Archie, she much be feeling too, or more likely, he does realise and just doesn't care.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely some funny business going on with Rachel, otherwise there's no reason she wouldn't have stuck around to see Ali.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally77 wrote: »
    I hope she starts to return, even if it is just to clear up what happened about Archie and why Jai has him etc, otherwise I don't think I can stand much more of Jai's mumbling!!
    Do we actually know for sure that the child really IS Archie ? I was hoping tonight that she would emerge from the witness room WITH Archie, thus proving that the child Jai has is a fake.

note - not technically a spoiler but just hypothesising ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we actually know for sure that the child really IS Archie ? I was hoping tonight that she would emerge from the witness room WITH Archie, thus proving that the child Jai has is a fake.

note - not technically a spoiler but just hypothesising ...

Oh thats good! Never thought of that! I was wondering if Megan is trying to track her down that is why she kept the photo of the car on her phone? I was surprised that she didn't stay to speak to her sister and ask how Archie was?

lets hope we find out soon!
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is she was a really irritating character towards the end and on her own merits was never missed.

HOWEVER because of what's happened since, the mystery surrounding her absence and Archie, plus the fact it made little sense for her to leave anyway, it was so so important she returned. I'd given up on the idea almost but very glad it's happened now.

Plus she was instantly a thousand times less annoying tonight. If they actually dress her decently this time and make her less whiney then it's all for the good.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    The thing is she was a really irritating character towards the end and on her own merits was never missed.

HOWEVER because of what's happened since, the mystery surrounding her absence and Archie, plus the fact it made little sense for her to leave anyway, it was so so important she returned. I'd given up on the idea almost but very glad it's happened now.

Plus she was instantly a thousand times less annoying tonight. If they actually dress her decently this time and make her less whiney then it's all for the good.

I didn't mind her when she first came in but they dumbed down the character to fit with Sam. Friendship was OK but the romance just ruined her. If she's back hope it is with more backbone and a good backstory. Worst bit is more Ali though!!!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if she's in prison herself.....It would make sense her not being able to speak to anyone and disappearing after she gave evidence...
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy to see her back, been waiting forever always loved Rachel :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I didn't mind her when she first came in but they dumbed down the character to fit with Sam. Friendship was OK but the romance just ruined her. If she's back hope it is with more backbone and a good backstory. Worst bit is more Ali though!!!

Yes you're right she was semi popular on arrival and they made her seem sensible and reasonably intelligent. That was why she worked as she was a well rounded normal girl, awful clothing aside.

Then she became dense and whiney. Total assassination!
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,487
    Forum Member
    Some wonderful ideas here, love Jai not having the real Archie, that would be a humdinger! Or Rachel on release from prison just in time to get that evil Charity. I would so love the former to be right though, that would be the icing on the cake! :D
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    I wonder if she's in prison herself.....It would make sense her not being able to speak to anyone and disappearing after she gave evidence...

Bingo. Scenes recorded with Charity slotted into show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh wait never mind, in the interview she says the tracksuits back to terrorise us all. Noooooo! :(

Why oh why when she looks attractive in real life. This would've been the perfect chance to reinvent her and for once it would have been believable after what's happened! I hope we're not back to her being on a level with Sam or she can do one.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her and she was looking well fit :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    Yes you're right she was semi popular on arrival and they made her seem sensible and reasonably intelligent. That was why she worked as she was a well rounded normal girl, awful clothing aside.

Then she became dense and whiney. Total assassination!

She was the sensible brighter one and then underwent a personality transplant after Archie was born. Ruined her being with Sam. The friendship of him supporting her was a good idea and was good for Sam character. Her being physically and emotionally attracted to him was just wrong for the character they had brought into show.