Options

The Macintyre Files: Madeleine McCann (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brompton wrote: »
    "I don't want to and can't speak about Robert Murat but some of the journalists that worked with me in Soham, and that were recently in Portugal, saw similarities between the case and Robert Murat, more than this I will not say. "
    I don't see any accusation there, do you?

I can't help you beyond what I've already said!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I don't want to and can't speak about Robert Murat but some of the journalists that worked with me in Soham, and that were recently in Portugal, saw similarities between the case and Robert Murat, more than this I will not say. "
    I don't see any accusation there, do you?

There is certainly something being implied.
  • Options
    bromptonbrompton Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    But there is! The McCanns acknowledged that the diary enteries published in the NOTW were in FACT from Kate's diary. Frisky will attest to this. They had to make a donation to the Fund for the alleged unauthorized publishing of contents from her diary :D

The NOTW did indeed have to make a donation and publish an apology. But I am not aware that the McCanns ever commented on the accuracy or otherwise of them, far less the comment you haven't even referenced.

And even if it were all true, a private diary is not an accusation. Its supposed to be, well, private. And people can do or say what they want in private.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got some money from the NOTW for printing excerpts but didn't sue the Portuguese paper which printed the whole thing :eek:

Gotcha
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    The 'woke and wondered' theory would be the most plausible ... if only it weren't for the open window and cadaver dog alerts.

Well, PI Edgar is on record as stating that the window wasn't used for entry or exit.

Somebody opened it at some point.

Forensics found one set of fingerprints and they belonged to Kate McCann.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The NOTW did indeed have to make a donation and publish an apology. But I am not aware that the McCanns ever commented on the accuracy or otherwise of them, far less the comment you haven't even referenced.

And even if it were all true, a private diary is not an accusation. Its supposed to be, well, private. And people can do or say what they want in private.

Well they haven't said the entries were all lies...but they could have if they wanted to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    Then why did he 'name drop' Robert Murat'? He could have said "No comment".

There was no need for a "no comment" answer. He was asked a straightforward question. The interviewer never mentioned Murat's name. Why did Mr Clarence Mitchell have to bring him into it? Mr Mitchell himself has brought up the fact he covered the Soham murders in other interviews.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, even if :D
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    Well, PI Edgar is on record as stating that the window wasn't used for entry or exit.

Yes, the window was proven to have been opened from the inside.

So the 'woke and wondered' theory falters before it begins.
  • Options
    jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    Birtles wrote: »
    There is certainly something being implied.

Mosy definitely.

His sentence should have said -

"I don't want to and can't speak about Robert Murat ".

Of course that wouldn't have had the same purpose or effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    Then why did he 'name drop' Robert Murat'? He could have said "No comment".

He didn't just drop it in out of nowhere, the reporter was speaking about the soham murders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, even if :D

I won't hold my breath. You haven't exactly much of a record so far of backing up your claims. Which in this matter amounted to a complaint that KM 'accused' Robert Murat and 'DEMANDED' he answer questions.

So far, there's no evidence of the accusation, and no explanation about how a private diary can constitute a demand.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Yes, the window was proven to have been opened from the inside.

So the 'woke and wondered' theory falters before it begins.

Why :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »

So woke and wandered theory is back on? I wonder if PI Edgar will be working with Mark Williams-Thomas as he (Williams-Thomas) is of the opinion that Maddie was snatched by a passing paedo as she went to look for her parents!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Mitchell himself has brought up the fact he covered the Soham murders in other interviews.

He didn't bring it up in that interview though, did he.
  • Options
    XausXaus Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birtles wrote: »
    Care to explain how it implies this?

By the way Xaus, C or J? I haven't figured it out yet.

"As I've stated previously, I don't suspect the McCanns, I believe Madeleine wandered off which opens up many different scenarios but it does seem that the case has inadvertantly revealed the perfect plan to get away with murder".

It's M. M for Murder!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jassi wrote: »
    Mosy definitely.

His sentence should have said -

"I don't want to and can't speak about Robert Murat ".

Of course that wouldn't have had the same purpose or effect.

But why? He wasn't asked about Murat. He was asked about his time covering the Soham murders which he himself has referenced in other interviews without mentioning Murat!
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heres some evidence of how Murat was accused of being involved.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641277366
    The Briton was accused of lying about his whereabouts when the girl disappeared on May 3.

He was confronted with allegations he had been seen "peeking into" the family's holiday apartment in Portugal on the night Madeleine was abducted.

Murat - the "arguido", or only named suspect - insists he was at home with his mother all night and did not know of the disappearance until the following day.

His motherbacked up his account.

Details of the confrontation, which happened earlier this month, have now emerged.

One of the three friends allegedly shouted at him: "I know you were there. I would recognise you anywhere."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't just drop it in out of nowhere, the reporter was speaking about the soham murders.

And what has Murat got to do with the Soham murders?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And how did this relate to Robert Murat? Oh yes, guilty as charged.
    I don't want to and can't speak about Robert Murat but some of the journalists that worked with me in Soham, and that were recently in Portugal, saw similarities between the case and Robert Murat, more than this I will not say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't hold my breath. You haven't exactly much of a record so far of backing up your claims. Which in this matter amounted to a complaint that KM 'accused' Robert Murat and 'DEMANDED' he answer questions.

So far, there's no evidence of the accusation, and no explanation about how a private diary can constitute a demand.

Keep trying. You might get there in the end :D

I have provided links to Kate's diary enteries about Murat :cool:
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Why :confused:

Well because if Madeleine had woken, and wondered out through the unlocked patio doors in search of her parents ... then the window would still have been shut when Kate got back to the apartment at 10.00pm, to find her daughter missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help you beyond what I've already said!

Its not me you need to help, its yourself. You stated :
    Mr Clarence Mitchell subsequently quite openly likened Murat to Ian Huntley without even being asked about him.

When we look into it, Mitchell did not himself liken Murat to Huntley, and Huntley was mentioned in the context of the reporter raising the soham case.

Please try to be accurate in your postings, otherwise you run the risk of believing your own misrepresentations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't bring it up in that interview though, did he.

EXACTLY! So why mention Murat this time? He mentions his involvement in the reporting of the case WITHOUT PROMPT in other interviews so is it any wonder that journalists would ask him about it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xaus wrote: »
    "As I've stated previously, I don't suspect the McCanns, I believe Madeleine wandered off which opens up many different scenarios but it does seem that the case has inadvertantly revealed the perfect plan to get away with murder".

It's M. M for Murder!!!

So...no, you can't explain. As you're aware many things are discovered by unintentional process so don't pretend you don't understand.
This discussion has been closed.