Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    We dont have bins, just couple of boxes for plastic and tins and another for paper the rest goes into black bags. We chuck our garden waste on the compost pile :D

Edit - tell a lie we have a small bin for food waste.

Its just an old has bin.... Morning Flora :)...ive forgotten what it was I was trying to remember.
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    That is the first time in 8 years I have been to the P.O. and there hasn't been a queue out of the door!
    The manageress was sitting out having a smoke so the guy that served me was polite and chatty.I don't think they are allowed to be when she is around - certainly not to me, anyway...:p He even talked me into buying some prepaid envelopes which will save me 90 cents per card to the U.K.:)

I posted off my stern letter to the British taxman.They informed me that THEY had made a mistake with my tax in 2010 and demanded 155 pounds.I argued it with them for several months and we eventually agreed to split the difference.They told me to wait for a letter of confirmation, which I did.It was dated last December and said I had 3 months to pay it.I paid it a month later and now they want to fine me 100 pounds for a "late payment".WTF!!!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think yourself lucky, Honey, our Binmen and recycle folk come between 4am and 5.30am.:eek:
    There are 8 communal bins at the end of the lane and they are emptied daily so we are never free of them.
    Like all cheery folk, as well as the making as much clatter as possible with the bins, they like to whistle and sing as they work.They also enjoy revving their engines and shouting to each other above the noise....
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »
    Yeah well the bottom dropped out of his carreer he has to clock on at 7am every day now and play his violin down the phone for EON Electric. :p

Next time when you get through to them put them on hold and play this to them ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCdhMN1ZCO8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Think yourself lucky, Honey, our Binmen and recycle folk come between 4am and 5.30am.:eek:
    There are 8 communal bins at the end of the lane and they are emptied daily so we are never free of them.
    Like all cheery folk, as well as the making as much clatter as possible with the bins, they like to whistle and sing as they work.They also enjoy revving their engines and shouting to each other above the noise....

A rampant cock is the least of your worries then. :p
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    That's me! :D

When I come to power I may have to stand you against a wall and shoot you :p:D
    Its just an old has bin.... Morning Flora :)...ive forgotten what it was I was trying to remember.

Morning acker :D

I think you are probably on the short list for a trip to the knackers yard :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next time when you get through to them put them on hold and play this to them ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCdhMN1ZCO8

:eek::eek::eek:..oh emm eff gee. :o...Come back Andre Rieu.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When I come to power I may have to stand you against a wall and shoot you :p:D

Morning acker :D

I think you are probably on the short list for a trip to the knackers yard :eek::D

Who are you.....and what are you doing in my garden ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is the first time in 8 years I have been to the P.O. and there hasn't been a queue out of the door!
    The manageress was sitting out having a smoke so the guy that served me was polite and chatty.I don't think they are allowed to be when she is around - certainly not to me, anyway...:p He even talked me into buying some prepaid envelopes which will save me 90 cents per card to the U.K.:)

I posted off my stern letter to the British taxman.They informed me that THEY had made a mistake with my tax in 2010 and demanded 155 pounds.I argued it with them for several months and we eventually agreed to split the difference.They told me to wait for a letter of confirmation, which I did.It was dated last December and said I had 3 months to pay it.I paid it a month later and now they want to fine me 100 pounds for a "late payment".WTF!!!:mad:

Morning arte :)....I would be so grrrr
  • Options
    Forum Member

Whats a Greek earn ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whats a Greek earn ?

Boom Boom, the old ones never fail......:p:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A rampant cock is the least of your worries then. :p

No, it's the most of my worries because it keeps going all blooming night.I would be happy to be able to sleep before the binmen arrive.:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are you.....and what are you doing in my garden ?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just got b*llocked off Indie the cat that isnt even my cat for not having any pouchy type cat food in. I tipped him some crunchy stuff in a bowl , he pushed it about a bit with his nose , turned round looked up at me and said " WTF is this ack " ?.....so off to the shop ....where I shall buy cat food a copy of the Morning Star AND a Racing Post :eek:....honest hes bloody circling me :D
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    We dont have bins, just couple of boxes for plastic and tins and another for paper the rest goes into black bags. We chuck our garden waste on the compost pile :-D

Edit - tell a lie we have a small bin for food waste.
    What a strange place you live in, have you got running water or do deliver bottles?.:-))))))))))
    Think yourself lucky, Honey, our Binmen and recycle folk come between 4am and 5.30am.:-eek:
    That must be the same time as the birds start singing.
    No, it's the most of my worries because it keeps going all blooming night.I would be happy to be able to sleep before the binmen arrive.:-p:-p
    Think you need those eye mufflers, they would keep the binmen out of your bed.:-))))))))
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    I just got b*llocked off Indie the cat that isnt even my cat for not having any pouchy type cat food in. I tipped him some crunchy stuff in a bowl , he pushed it about a bit with his nose , turned round looked up at me and said " WTF is this ack " ?.....so off to the shop ....where I shall buy cat food a copy of the Morning Star AND a Racing Post :-eek:....honest hes bloody circling me :-D
    Morning Acker.:-)))))))))

That cats worth a few bob, any cat thats talks back to you has a future.:-)))))))))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

That cats worth a few bob, any cat thats talks back to you has a future.:-)))))))))

They "speak" as clearly as humans but in a different way. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Morning Hicky :D
    They "speak" as clearly as humans but in a different way. :)

He quite often says " Hows it going me owd " ? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got b*llocked off Indie the cat that isnt even my cat for not having any pouchy type cat food in. I tipped him some crunchy stuff in a bowl , he pushed it about a bit with his nose , turned round looked up at me and said " WTF is this ack " ?.....so off to the shop ....where I shall buy cat food a copy of the Morning Star AND a Racing Post :eek:....honest hes bloody circling me :D

He knows a soft touch when he sees one :D
    What a strange place you live in, have you got running water or do deliver bottles?.:-))))))))))

That must be the same time as the birds start singing.

Think you need those eye mufflers, they would keep the binmen out of your bed.:-))))))))

All mod cons :D The place we moved from didnt have bins either, I am glad as they are an eyesore :eek::D
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :)

I would still be asleep if it wasn't for of a herd of wildebeest crashing through the house and waking me up.
    I didn't see them but I definitely heard them.

At least today isn't "glass bottle collection day." which goes on for hours.
    Some moron with a baseball cap and shiny badge sifts through every box in the hope of finding an un-rinsed jar or a wayward plastic cap, and when he does he hammers loudly at the doors even if they have bells and hands the jars back and waits for them to be rinsed.
    Someone will punch him soon and I hope I am there to see it.
    Elfy said he was tempted to wee in the boxes.
    Clunk clunk clunk, all morning. Or afternoon. It isnt even a regular time so the street can evacuate.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We used to have the wilderbeest here on a regular basis, but these days not quite as often - they've clearly re-located:D

They guy with the shiny badge would only ask me once to re-rinse - I give them all a quick swish at the moment and they go into the designated box. OH frequently leaves plastic lids on which annoys me - but he only has me to deal with and I sadly, have no badge.
    Its the shiny badge that does it to them. I can think of a place where shiny badges should go.. ...
    Who the **** is Andre Rieu ? and why is he on Sky Arts on a loop for ever and ever ?....beyond horrible :mad:......apart from that everythings fine ( ish ) I suppose :p........morning. :)....( smiley squad got me .....I dont know if theyve got shiny badges or not )

:D Rieu seems very popular in some quarters - apparently he tours constantly and his dvds sell like hot cakes - I don't get it either!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh no - more members of the shiny badge brigade -' once it's in the computer there's nothing they can do' even if it's clear that you can't possibly owe 3 million in unrecovered back taxes:rolleyes:
    Yeah well the bottom dropped out of his carreer he has to clock on at 7am every day now and play his violin down the phone for EON Electric. :p

:D

It's silent bullying, I get it too! They get away with it due to the cuteness factor:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning guys - we seem to have had rain overnight which was good - how the ground could be so dry after all the snow is a mystery to me, but it was!
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys :D
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone.

I would still be asleep if it wasn't for of a herd of wildebeest crashing through the house and waking me up.
    I didn't see them but I definitely heard them.

At least today isn't "glass bottle collection day." which goes on for hours.
    Some moron with a baseball cap and shiny badge sifts through every box in the hope of finding an un-rinsed jar or a wayward plastic cap, and when he does he hammers loudly at the doors even if they have bells and hands the jars back and waits for them to be rinsed.
    Someone will punch him soon and I hope I am there to see it.
    Elfy said he was tempted to wee in the boxes.
    Clunk clunk clunk, all morning. Or afternoon. It isnt even a regular time so the street can evacuate.
    GOOD GRIEF!!!! I don't believe it! I wonder what his salary is, and why someone hasn't punched his lights out yet...
    Its the shiny badge that does it to them. I can think of a place where shiny badges should go.. ...
    Who the **** is Andre Rieu ? and why is he on Sky Arts on a loop for ever and ever ?....beyond horrible ......apart from that everythings fine ( ish ) I suppose .......morning. :)....( smiley squad got me .....I dont know if theyve got shiny badges or not )
    Ack, I can't stand him either!:mad:
    The manageress was sitting out having a smoke so the guy that served me was polite and chatty.I don't think they are allowed to be when she is around - certainly not to me, anyway.. He even talked me into buying some prepaid envelopes which will save me 90 cents per card to the U.K.

I posted off my stern letter to the British taxman.They informed me that THEY had made a mistake with my tax in 2010 and demanded 155 pounds.I argued it with them for several months and we eventually agreed to split the difference.They told me to wait for a letter of confirmation, which I did.It was dated last December and said I had 3 months to pay it.I paid it a month later and now they want to fine me 100 pounds for a "late payment".WTF!!!
    There is no justice in the world these days.:(:mad:
    I just got b*llocked off Indie the cat that isnt even my cat for not having any pouchy type cat food in. I tipped him some crunchy stuff in a bowl , he pushed it about a bit with his nose , turned round looked up at me and said " WTF is this ack " ?.....so off to the shop ....where I shall buy cat food a copy of the Morning Star AND a Racing Post :eek:....honest hes bloody circling me
    Be afraid Acker, be very afraid...:eek:
    I have much the same problem with my dogs when they think it is time for some dried tripe *shudders*
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    We used to have the wilderbeest here on a regular basis, but these days not quite as often - they've clearly re-located:D

They guy with the shiny badge would only ask me once to re-rinse - I give them all a quick swish at the moment and they go into the designated box. OH frequently leaves plastic lids on which annoys me - but he only has me to deal with and I sadly, have no badge.

Rieu seems very popular in some quarters - apparently he tours constantly and his dvds sell like hot cakes - I don't get it either!

Isn't it interesting how infuriating it is when people leave plastic lids on recycled bottles etc? Almost on a par with leaving the toilet seat up, and not putting the top on the toothpaste tube..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there anything more annoying than Holly Wallaby interfering with the chefs on this morning? Poking. Slurping. Correcting them, making fun of them and giggling like a hyena on tequila.
    I wish they would tie her up and gag her.
This discussion has been closed.