BBC Music 07.10.14 8pm

AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Couldn't find a thread on this so clearly nobody is interested in this thing BBC Music are hyping up.

Apparently at this time on all BBC TV and radio channels something is going to happen.

What is it? Any ideas?

Graham Norton speculated it was something like "Perfect Day" and this page seems to back that up, mentioning "If you could have 20 music legends in a studio, what song would you cover?" and "It's a big question we know, but what do you think is the greatest song ever written? ‪#‎LoveBBCMusic‬"

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/lovebbcmusic

There is an Abbey Road charity single coming out for Christmas, which is a cover of "Say Something", but I doubt that's considered the greatest song ever written.

http://www.smoothradio.com/artists/paul-mccartney/paul-mccartney-joins-charity-single-line-up/

Perhaps it's another charity single that hasn't been announced yet. Or is it something more interesting?

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23lovebbcmusic&src=typd

Actually reading these tweets ^^ it sounds like it probably will be something like "Perfect Day", which celebrates music on the BBC and it'll be shown ad nauseum for the next few months. Mind you, "Perfect Day" was quite good.

Comments

• marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    from the radio times - a host of music stars perform God Only Knows by the Beach Boys
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It states all BBC TV and radio channels but I doubt that. BBC Radio 3 have a live concert from 7.30 and guess it won't be during the cricket show on BBC Radio 5 Live. It's the Johnston Paint Trophy competition so many local BBC stations will be carrying that. BBC Parliament have recorded coverage of the Lib Dem conference so doubt that will be interrupted and can't see BBC News carrying this either.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking ahead on Digiguide, I can only see it showing up on Radio 4, from 8pm to 8.04, with no details shown.

All it says is "The BBC comes together to enjoy a truly unique, impossible performance." Very mysterious!
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    Looking ahead on Digiguide, I can only see it showing up on Radio 4, from 8pm to 8.04, with no details shown.

All it says is "The BBC comes together to enjoy a truly unique, impossible performance." Very mysterious!

and this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04l054g

The whole BBC unites for an extraordinary star-studded performance and the launch of BBC Music: 27 artists, 1 song.

What do they mean by "launch of BBC Music"?
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    What do they mean by "launch of BBC Music"?

It's just an all-encompassing branding of their music output, culminating in a not-at-all-contrived BBC Music Awards show being held at the end of the year.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Children in need single?
  • Gordie10Gordie10 Posts: 2,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of when every BBC Radio station played some weird Damon Albarn track at exactly the same time a while back, to celebrate (I think) 90 years of BBC Radio.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bet Gary Barlow is involved
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gordie10 wrote: »
    Reminds me of when every BBC Radio station played some weird Damon Albarn track at exactly the same time a while back, to celebrate (I think) 90 years of BBC Radio.

I heard that during PM on Radio 4 and when it was over Eddie Mair said something along the lines 'Is that it?'. It was very underwhelming. This may well be too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Has people been seeing initials appearing on small 5 sec trailers. Just now a ad with JB on the screen. Who could this reference to?
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw KM.
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has people been seeing initials appearing on small 5 sec trailers. Just now a ad with JB on the screen. Who could this reference to?
    John Barrowman probably
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the BBC be better giving this its own slot in the EPG instead of just tagging it into other show's entries. The only station to give it an individual EPG entry is Radio 4.
    It would also make it easier to record instead of having to do a manual recording which I've had to do as I'll be out at the time.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't the BBC be better giving this its own slot in the EPG instead of just tagging it into other show's entries. The only station to give it an individual EPG entry is Radio 4.
    It would also make it easier to record instead of having to do a manual recording which I've had to do as I'll be out at the time.

But if a live programme goes over to it for a few minutes then your recording of that live programme would be interrupted if there was a separate entry in the EPG.
  • tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jake Bugg
  • DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't this is going to be live. Must be pre-recorded. Scott Mills has already seen it.

Apparently 27 artists, one song.

Just heard them talk about it on Radio 1.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Perfect Day was on the radio this morning.

Did wonder if this would be something similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on BBC3 tonight from 7-8pm.

I thought it was on at 8pm? This is all very confusing.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    It's on BBC3 tonight from 7-8pm.

I thought it was on at 8pm? This is all very confusing.

My guide has Top Gear at 7pm for BBC 3 :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kargo wrote: »
    My guide has Top Gear at 7pm for BBC 3 :confused:

I've got both down for 7pm. Top Gear and this BBC Music thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Don't this is going to be live. Must be pre-recorded. Scott Mills has already seen it.

Apparently 27 artists, one song.

Just heard them talk about it on Radio 1.

Ken Bruce on Radio 2 said he'd seen it too but was sworn to secrecy.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got bbc the music bbc three 7 till 8
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EPG has Top Gear 1900 - 2000 'followed by BBC Music .....'
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Music is set to simulcast everywhere apart from maybe BBC Parliament and BBC Four.