Is Cheggars OCD?

CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Genuine question. I found his nominations so bizarre. Initially it was Perez (for obvious reasons) and Alexander (because he left tissues lying around that he had gobbed in) and later once Alexander had left he nominated Kavana because he was untidy and left a mess everywhere he went.

Good heavens - in that household with those awful personalities - some of whom must be so hard to live with - is that really what was getting to him the most.

Comments

• LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I think he is a bit TBH. Mind you - if you do like things clean and tidy it must be hellish living with that mucky bunch.

The tissue thing made my stomach turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. As someone else pointed out he's always doing the washing up. I suppose it's his way of dealing with stress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was in the BB house I would be constantly cleaning, washing up the dishes, wiping down surfaces, vaccuuming, cleaning the loo, going to the DR to request more cleaning liquids etc. It is indeed a way of not only dealing with stress but also passing the time.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I get where Keith is coming from and it would be my main reason for never going into the BB house. I'm a bit of a clean freak myself and the whole tissue thing would've turned my stomach too. And I say that as someone who liked Alexander. Can't stand deliberate sloppiness.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OCD is an over-used phrase.

It doesn't mean just liking things clean.

Nominating someone because of little things like untidiness is one of the kindest ways to nominate.
  • Toffee_AppleToffee_Apple Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I live with a couple of filthy housemates and honestly after a while it does become the most annoying thing! Keith never seems that fussed about the other arguments in the house anyway.
  • linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is a bit TBH. Mind you - if you do like things clean and tidy it must be hellish living with that mucky bunch.

The tissue thing made my stomach turn.

Mine too. Bad enough doing it but leaving them around for others to pick up makes be feel sick!

I think Cheggers is a bit OCD. He always seems to be cleaning and wiping things down.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's dealing with boredom a lot of the time.
    Also, you don't have to be OCD to like a clean house.
  • linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J_R wrote: »
    If I was in the BB house I would be constantly cleaning, washing up the dishes, wiping down surfaces, vaccuuming, cleaning the loo, going to the DR to request more cleaning liquids etc. It is indeed a way of not only dealing with stress but also passing the time.

Would you like to come and stay with me for a fortnight?

Please.
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OCD is a severe condition.

Cheggers just likes his living space to be clean and tidy.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gnomsie wrote: »
    OCD is a severe condition.

Cheggers just likes his livng space to be clean and tidy.

This.:)
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheggas is soft...

the end of last nights show he wanted to talk about someone without mentioning their name... he is so wet.

so he nominated on the basis of something (like he did before face to face) purely on something that had nothing to do with the conflicts...

BB will give him a balancing task soon to force him to take a side... they always do to people who think they can "score draw" every match and get anywhere.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    J_R wrote: »

To quote a dear, late friend:

Feel depressed? Scrub the kitchen cupboards.

It works!
  • MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he has OCD, just likes a clean and tidy place like others have said.
    Plus it's something to do - bored out your skull with all the arguments and without them :D

Mind you, if I were in there, I would insist on doing the dishes and surfaces all the time as I cannot stand
    any one else doing it (not to my exacting standards :p) .

I've been known to re-do the dishes after my friends or family have done them :blush:
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's dealing with boredom a lot of the time.
    Also, you don't have to be OCD to like a clean house.

Of course not - but my point was - would you really rather want to get rid of someone like Kavana (who seems easy going and easy to live with) - because you find him a bit messy - as opposed to someone like Katie H who is constanting causing drama, fights and is so nasty in the house.

Can't quite get to the bottom of old Cheggars to be honest - or his motives.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the lobster character from finding nemo.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    One sometimes wonders exactly what it is that clean freaks are trying to scrub away.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    I think he just doesn't like mess and dirt. I can understand that! It amazes me how messy the houses always get. My area would be an oasis of calm! I get called anal for being tidy! I'm not, I just don't like mess. Chegger's is the same. As for phlegm filled tissues...I'd've gone bonkers!
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Funny how nobody else nominated anyone for hygenic reasons. I think its just cheggers who has the problem.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    No, he is just living with filthy rancid people who have no idea how to look after themselves or to respect those around them
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    Funny how nobody else nominated anyone for hygenic reasons. I think its just cheggers who has the problem.

It maybe he has standards?
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live with someone with severe OCD and I agree with an earlier poster that this condition is way over-used. You don't have to suffer from this torturous life crippling illness to like to live in a house where people don't cough up phlegm and then just leave it lying around. And, you can be obsessive, or even mildly appreciative, regarding cleanliness without bing an OCD sufferer. Being obsessive is not in the same league as being obsessive compulsive.

Sorry, off the soapbox now.

xx
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I certainly don't have ocd but bums and feet on kitchen surfaces and spitting anywhere are things I would definitely not want to live with. I don't think anyone expects an immaculate house but there are some things which are completely unacceptable.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone been diagnosed with Aspergers yet? ADHD?

The man finds it disgusting that someone - a grown man - is bringing up phlegm and leaving it lying around a communal living area in tissues, for someone else to clean up. I would.

Nice to have a glimmer of old traditional nominaton reasons ;-)