Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listened to Salute for first time ever and i hate to admit but i like it:o.

Deffiently going to be released..
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    Good to see Good reviews from thatgrapejuice...

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2013/10/video-mix-move/#comments

The review wasn't favorable.

"It’s a shame, then, that their most solid visual is paired with their weakest material. ‘Move’ musically sounds like a late and delayed take on Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’. Of course, it’s industry routine to rehash whatever is popping; yet from where we’re standing, the ladies should be releasing “in your face, statement records” at this point – cuts that don’t just grab you, but shake you ala ‘Free Your Mind’ and ‘Lose My Breath’. This being especially important as they’re a) heading into the ever-risque sophomore territory and b) actively trying to break markets beyond their Brit-Pop base."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to Salute for first time ever and i hate to admit but i like it:o.

Deffiently going to be released..

Why do you hate to admit it? I think its really heart pumping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member

That YouTube channel that had the Celebrity Juice clip also has Girls Aloud Ten Years on Top so I'm watching that now to learn about them. Its fun to compare where LM are now against the GA timeline.

THIS :') <3. That's what i have been doing ever since I've been a fan of little mix 2yrs ago :D :L
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an add for the album on itv2 during xtra factor:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've listened to the album recently, and i can now say that Competition, Salute, About The Boy & They Just Don't Know You, are my ABSOLUTE FAVES :D<3 They're EVERYTHING I've ever wanted them to do since their debut :'') Although I can't get enough of Completion and Hoping and praying for them to release it as their second single <3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I agree. I like Little Me the studio version very much. Also think Towers would work, it sounds like a great UK 'winter' single track and I think it could get number 1 with great promotion.

That's what I feel as well, but I feel like it'll only work during the festival period, so I hope if they want to release a ballad for the next single they'd push it for a Dec release.

Edit: A performance of Salute on Dancing On Ice will be immense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The review wasn't favorable.

"It’s a shame, then, that their most solid visual is paired with their weakest material. ‘Move’ musically sounds like a late and delayed take on Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’. Of course, it’s industry routine to rehash whatever is popping; yet from where we’re standing, the ladies should be releasing “in your face, statement records” at this point – cuts that don’t just grab you, but shake you ala ‘Free Your Mind’ and ‘Lose My Breath’. This being especially important as they’re a) heading into the ever-risque sophomore territory and b) actively trying to break markets beyond their Brit-Pop base."

I kind of agree with this review :L That's why they should either release Salute or Competition as their second single. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you hate to admit it? I think its really heart pumping.

Because i thought it was really cheesy. Everybody kept saying it was like Beyonces song and the preview sounded like it and im not much in favour of her song.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I'm still waiting for my signed deluxe CDs,
    my powder is now so dry, it's becoming dust :(
    I'm not giving any opinions until I've actually listened properly several times...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    I kind of agree with this review :L That's why they should either release Salute or Competition as their second single. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

I am all for Salute. Its their new statement song. I guess the UK is big on "winter ballads" and Xmas number 1 but we don't have that in the US so for here its gotta be Salute to rouse the troops.

"The war has begun"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree re the longevity - I'm not quite sure it'll manage to outperform 'Wings' but it looks set to fair better than their last three singles anyway. :) It's a very good sign that it's back up to #2 on iTunes - I think 'DNA' had fallen to the lower end of the top 10 at this stage last year.

Watching ITV tonight, I've noticed advertisements for both Keane's and Celine's albums - has anyone seen any for Salute yet?

Yup, this afternoon on ITV 2 in between You've Been Framed lol They showed a snippet of the Move video and the album cover. First time I have seen it considering it's out Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which song do you think they'll do for CiN?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh77GiQHCf4

They mentioned that they'll be doing single 2 on Jingle Bell Ball. I guess we'll find out what the 2nd single is soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rolling 24 hour statistical model at Digital Sales Data went crazy.

1 Eminem The Monster (feat. Rihanna) 36096
    2 Little Mix Move 32047
    3 Storm Queen Look Right Through (MK Remix) 29848
    4 Lorde Royals 18820
    5 Lady Gaga Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 16900

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh77GiQHCf4

They mentioned that they'll be doing single 2 on Jingle Bell Ball. I guess we'll find out what the 2nd single is soon.

Was that a well placed AHEM from Leigh to prevent Jesy from spilling?
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which song do you think they'll do for CiN?

If your talking about CiN rocks I would imagine a few songs since its a concert. Wings, DNA and Move I would guess?

If your talking about the actual show on the Friday, Are they even on it? I would imagine it would be Little Me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear they should perform move tomorrow so that it can stay in the top 3 It might have a chance at number 1 .......... For next week that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    I swear they should perform move tomorrow so that it can stay in the top 3 It might have a chance at number 1 .......... For next week that is.

On where? As I dont think Suprise Suprise is Live.
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    old mixer wrote: »
    As I'm still waiting for my signed deluxe CDs,
    my powder is now so dry, it's becoming dust :(
    I'm not giving any opinions until I've actually listened properly several times...:p

Mine hasn't even been dispatched yet!
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    there are about two big artist with music out next week, no chance of number 1 next week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey the US gets 6 tracks for the preorder:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LITTLE MIX
    Nov 5, 2013
    Have you pre-ordered your copy of #Salute yet?! If you pre-order the deluxe version on iTunes, you'll get SIX tracks before the album drops on Feb 4! Get all details in the girls' video message below & pre-order your copy right HERE!

http://www.little-mix.com/us/news/2013-11-05/special-announcement-from-little-mix

I may have to rethink my "physical only" policy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix do the bum bum bongos.

http://youtu.be/MY490WqLKkg

Lol just watched this WTF lol. Jade's awkward face though haha :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Lol just watched this WTF lol. Jade's awkward face though haha :D

She was like "do I really have to bang this man's butt :cry::cry::cry:" lol. I also noticed she looked really awkward and uncomfortable on Celebrity Juice as well, and this is why I don't think the Facetime story is as bad as it seems it might be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey the US gets 6 tracks for the preorder:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LITTLE MIX
    Nov 5, 2013
    Have you pre-ordered your copy of #Salute yet?! If you pre-order the deluxe version on iTunes, you'll get SIX tracks before the album drops on Feb 4! Get all details in the girls' video message below & pre-order your copy right HERE!

http://www.little-mix.com/us/news/2013-11-05/special-announcement-from-little-mix

I may have to rethink my "physical only" policy.

Looks like they are really pushing for album sales there.
This discussion has been closed.