Options

EastEnders: Episode 4998 - There's Something About Shabnam - 15/1/15, 7:30PM on BBC 1

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thisss episode was... weird. Good mind you, but weird.

Let's get the rubbish out of the way first. Kush. I have no idea, no simple clue, what purpose this character serves in the show. None. At. All. He's there to look pretty, and that's it. The Moon Goons and Joey were slaughtered on here for existing for the exact same reason. I really don't care about Shabnam, and the stupid Massood running storyline reeks of Newman.

Shirley Carter lost me tonight. Utterly lost me. She cares for nobody and noone but herself. It has to be her way, or the high way. Yes, she's sticking by her son, but if she loves Mick as much as she claims she does, then surely she would at least try to "make him see sense," before moving Dean into his house... and threatening to kick out his kids for speaking against it. Nancy and Lee have no idea what Dean did, but are loyal to their dad... and Shirley throws it back in their faces. I seriously, seriously hope Mick smacks her arse down when he gets back. Saying that... I think Shirley is in for a mighty fall.

The Cotton stuff was by far the most interesting, aside from the bit at the end, which is completely out of character for Dot. Yes, she always sees candicanes when she looks at Nick, but everytime he's gone too far, she's washed her hands of him. It takes a few years being without him, and him returning full of lies, to make her forgive him. This time, she's helping him in spite of what he's done to Ronnie. Yes, I know it's leading up to her killing him... but it's a step too far. And I have to admit, I'm not sure if I like Dot's character going down this route. She'll never recover from it, and it may well end up being the last we see of her.

Max makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong - Max is at his absolute best when he's being a sleazy prick, but he's in serious trouble when Phil gets out. Ben basically offered him a lifeline tonight: "Dad didn't do it. Give me back the Archies and I'll never tell him what you did. Don't, and when he gets out, he will come for you." Max is heading for a massive fall here.

Charlie was OK tonight, even though Declan Bennett has struggled a bit with this storyline I think.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dot is a hideous old moron.
    Hideous...No
    Very foolish...Yes
    Does Shirley fully own the pub now? When did this happen?

Mick & LInda contributed about 300K She contributed £10 of Stan's money.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Annette Badland was great again as was June Brown. The Mitchell's are hypocrites. They covered up Carls death and Shirley and the gun.

Agreed.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Aw I don't like all the nasty comments about Dot in this thread. I'm wondering if she's already decided to do away with Nick?
  • Options
    poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Last nights episode was ridiculous. In thirty minutes we saw all the tension that has built for weeks, crumble and be replaced by complacency by all characters.
    Charlie's reveal = pointless
    Nancy and Lee's stand against Dean = pointless
    Ben Mitchell's disagreement with Max = pointless
    The fight against evil (Nick Cotton) = pointless.

I know it's a soap, but they didn't have to let all those plots slide in one episode?!

Shabnam's doting of Masood, at one point made me think he was looking for her bag to find her secret, but it wasn't... sigh.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Rakhee Thakrar is doing a wonderful job as Shabnam. Loved her and Stacey's friendship. More scenes of Shabnam and Stacey please :)

Get lost Shirley. It is NOT her pub. She has a stake but Mick and Linda are the TRUE owners. I hope Mick and Linda banish Shirley from the Vic for good but sadly that won't happen because they will feel sorry for "poor Shirley".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think....
    Nick is going to be found dead in the Slater house on the 30th anniversary episode. This then taking the show right back to how it started with the residents finding Reg Cox dead in that same house
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Shabnam is pretty without that daft scarf round her head..

I think that too
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that's the end of that 'act' of this story then as we go back to the Carter show for a week or so.

A kiss from Charlie wasn't enough to wake Princess Ronnie up. I'll have to go and have a try myself.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    I think....
    Nick is going to be found dead in the Slater house on the 30th anniversary episode. This then taking the show right back to how it started with the residents finding Reg Cox dead in that same house
    Ah, of course [I didn't consciously twig whilst watching that Nick and Do were on the burnt-out Slater house!

That would be a very good call-back [as well as poetic justice] for it's first fans, if so.