Options

Joe Hart - worlds best keeper or hyped by the media?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Being English can only take you so far I guess:D

(Joke)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Being English can only take you so far I guess:D

(Joke)

Just ask Frimpong! :D
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well just think for a moment, Brazil's number one, cannot really get a game ahead of Rob Green! So, if you think we have problems.......;)

Julio Cesar has had a major falling out at QPR and is injured with a broken finger anyway. Big Phil has already assured him of a place in Brazil's world cup squad, but he needs to play some club games before that even if he went somewhere on loan when he is fit again.

Regarding England's goalkeeping situation, we definitely have problems. Joe Hart is in a bad run of form, and I don't think he is that good anyway, Ruddy is going through a bad patch and Foster isn't playing for his club due to a broken foot. Butland is Stoke's 3rd choice and is playing on loan at Barnsley which leaves us with Fraser Forster of Celtic as our best option at the moment, although he is a pretty decent keeper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggeral wrote: »
    Julio Cesar has had a major falling out at QPR and is injured with a broken finger anyway. Big Phil has already assured him of a place in Brazil's world cup squad, but he needs to play some club games before that even if he went somewhere on loan when he is fit again.

Is that really fair on all of the other Brazilian goalkeepers, who I would think would want to play in the tournement on home soil, to be behind someone who hasn't played for a season (as could be the case).

That I would say, is totally the wrong attitude for Big Phil to take.

He should be using players that are actually playing games, otherwise what is the point? He might as well start with Pele up front, he hasn't played any league games either this season. (I know it is extreme but you get the point)

Players shouldn't just be handed places, no matter what, they should have to earn them, and justify them.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    If he never lets Brazil down then it makes sense that he keeps his place, I'm sure there's plenty of players that will still play for their national team despite not playing for their club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he never lets Brazil down then it makes sense that he keeps his place, I'm sure there's plenty of players that will still play for their national team despite not playing for their club.

I just think that there is somethinng fundimentlally not right, in getting to play for your national side, even though you are not playing for your club side.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same reason why Hart should keep his place as well, always plays great for England. He was the main reason England got a draw in Brazil.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest gossip is that joe hart could be loaned to stoke in January.

I still cannot believe the excuses made for him. Redknapp was just on the radio saying he should be back in city's team, even though their new #1 keeper has not put a glove wrong.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    The latest gossip is that joe hart could be loaned to stoke in January.

I still cannot believe the excuses made for him. Redknapp was just on the radio saying he should be back in city's team, even though their new #1 keeper has not put a glove wrong.

The latest gossip is Aliens have taken over the world and the human race is going to be turned into walking fish people.

Just as credible as your "gossip"
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Hart having for breakfast today, I wonder?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    The latest gossip is Aliens have taken over the world and the human race is going to be turned into walking fish people.

Just as credible as your "gossip"

not my gossip, just reporting the press (i take your point).

however, it is clear that hart is no longer the #1 at city, and for him to be the england keeper he should be playing regularly.

i say that there is a good chance of him going on loan in january, do you?
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,050
    Forum Member
    Why would Stoke want him anyway? They've already got a better keeper in Begovic, and even if they sold him in January they'd surely just recall Butland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would Stoke want him anyway? They've already got a better keeper in Begovic, and even if they sold him in January they'd surely just recall Butland.

Dont let common sense and logic get in the way of good media "gossip"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not my gossip, just reporting the press (i take your point).

however, it is clear that hart is no longer the #1 at city, and for him to be the england keeper he should be playing regularly.

i say that there is a good chance of him going on loan in january, do you?

Is it?

I dont see any reason for him to go loan at the moment.

He is out of form at the moment, Yes he not as good as the media have made out but still a decent keeper and will do a important job for City
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Is it?

I dont see any reason for him to go loan at the moment.

He is out of form at the moment, Yes he not as good as the media have made out but still a decent keeper and will do a important job for City

If he only plays a handful of games between now and the end of the season (which is possible), can he still be England's number 1 keeper?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Joe went anywhere on loan, surely Sunderland would be a more logical choice than Stoke.

He would certainly get more shots to save and Stoke already have a world class keeper in Begovic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he only plays a handful of games between now and the end of the season (which is possible), can he still be England's number 1 keeper?

Although I agree with this, there is only one english keeper who is currently the first choice for his club in the premier league - John Ruddy, who was dreadful against Man City.

There are not even many second choice keepers who are english either - Ben Foster (when fit)/Luke Daniels at WBA, Mark Bunn at Norwich, Steve Harper at Hull, Robbie Elliott at Newcastle and Joe Lewis at Cardiff are all I can think of.

Joe Lewis was on the bench for a couple of England friendlies back in 2008 while playing for Peterborough who were in the 4th tier at the time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go again.

The media this morning was full of praise for Joe Hart again, after having one game where he had a couple of rickets but produced a fantastic save.

Now we have pundits saying its high time hart was recognized as one of the worlds best and that he is only nearly 28 he is still one of the best "young" keepers.

Hart is not even in the top 5 keepers in the PL at this moment in time.

Why do the media over hype this good (but not great) player?
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's never been the world's best or even close for that matter. Very overhyped. Because he is English obviously.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great save, but I have seen Hugo Lloris pull off a few saves like that this season. Our other keeper, Vorm, also made a similar one against Leicester a few weeks ago. I'm sure there are plenty of other keepers who have also pulled up saves that are just as good, but they don't get highlighted as much.