Mercy

RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Where has she come from?

What is she doing?

Why is she moaning about Lucy's abortion - she wasn't even in the show when all that was happening.

Terrible actress, and crap character.

Comments

• iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she that black girl who was with the teens?
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah she just randomly turned up in the middle of the rave Fatboy was at and interrupted him getting it on (not that he looked like he wanted to get it on, poor lad looked terrified).

Then she gets all upset about Lucy (a girl she has known for less than 12 hours) lying about an abortion with a pregnancy to a man she has never met.

Now apparently she knows something on Fatboy? I was half watching it...when is she leaving, she's a bit of a no-mark. She reminds me a bit of Naomi in that she had no family or real reason to be there but still she hung around.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Where has she come from?

What is she doing?

Why is she moaning about Lucy's abortion - she wasn't even in the show when all that was happening.

This is what I've been wondering since Monday. Not everyone watched E20, they could have given more time to explain her character. Also agree with the crap character part.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she just randomly turned up in the middle of the rave Fatboy was at and interrupted him getting it on (not that he looked like he wanted to get it on, poor lad looked terrified).

Then she gets all upset about Lucy (a girl she has known for less than 12 hours) lying about an abortion with a pregnancy to a man she has never met.

Now apparently she knows something on Fatboy? I was half watching it...when is she leaving, she's a bit of a no-mark. She reminds me a bit of Naomi in that she had no family or real reason to be there but still she hung around.

I'm assuming you didn't watch E20 then?

She and Fatboy have quite a bit of history and the reason shes upset about Lucy lying bout an abortion is because she miscarried herself so its bound to cause a bit of tension me thinks. :)

She isn't leaving anytime soon as her grandmother is coming into the show. Yey! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was in E20 with Fatboy, Leon and Zsa Zsa, she's Fatboy's friend and her grandmother is arriving.
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she's known Lucy longer than twelve hours. That was made clear to non-E20 viewers when she was introduced as having been in their school before she went to Nigeria.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    And she's known Lucy longer than twelve hours. That was made clear to non-E20 viewers when she was introduced as having been in their school before she went to Nigeria.

Yeah, she was in Whitney's year at Walford High so she would know Lucy from there
  • Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually she appeared in the January web spin-off EastEnders: E20 alongside Zsa Zsa, Leon and Fatboy. She is very close to Fatboy ( and prefers his real self Arthur Chubb). Her nan (played by Jay Byrd in the spin-off but now by the fantastic Ellen Thomas) is coming to the main show tonight. So she'll have a family then. ;)

Here's a quick summary if you want to know a bit more about her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I think she was/is in their year at school. It seems she is religious but from brief comments made has had issues with drink??

I agree though not warming to the character right now.
  • randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The drink thing is from E20 when she pretended to be drunk to trick Lucy as part of a plan (although I can't specifically remember what it was, something to do with the flat they squatted in).
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Mercy was fairer skinned and quite pretty?

I remember a scene in EE when Fatboy went to talk to some girl next to a red car. I thought that was Mercy.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Where has she come from?

What is she doing?

I didn't watch E20.
    She's come from somewhere that isn't the Square, that's where all the characters come from, apart from possibly Dot.
    I'll take a guess given the greetings between her and those we do know on-screen she's knows them off-screen.
    Rather like real life, people know people outside of their immediate area who never or rarely go to their home.
    Maybe her friend Zsa Zsa or Fatboy may have updated her on the goings on between Lucy and Leon?
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Finding her really hard to warm to in the main show, which is weird as when watching the E20 omnibus she was the highlight for me.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Finding her really hard to warm to in the main show, which is weird as when watching the E20 omnibus she was the highlight for me.

I've never seen E20 before but watched it on iPlayer earlier just for something to do, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I thought they all came across as likeable, and even Leon seemed remotely interesting and in possession of a personality. Perhaps it's just the main show that isn't doing them many favours.
  • GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercy knew Lucy from school. This was apparent in E20. However Mercy had a misacarriage. So that explains her problem and she did actually say on Monday she had just returned from Nigeria.
  • c4hc4h Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I await "why don't you just tell us the real reason you don't like her :rolleyes:" from a certain poster.

Back on topic, I agree. Pointless character.
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    I thought Mercy was fairer skinned and quite pretty?

I remember a scene in EE when Fatboy went to talk to some girl next to a red car. I thought that was Mercy.

I think the scene you're talking about is when Fatboy was acting like the girl beside the car was a date, but it turned out to be his driving instructor.
  • BigDuckBigDuck Posts: 4,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Mercy, I think she's a decent character, played by a decent actress.

Can't wait to see what's in store for her.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »

Absolutely terrible character, actress and she looks like she reading her lines off a wall.

I assume for family will be a new extended family for Patrick to get involved with after most of The Foxes ship out
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    You didn't watch e20, just slagged it off, what do you expect.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    You didn't watch e20, just slagged it off, what do you expect.
    Exactly, so explaining her presence better would have been good for us who have taste. :)
    Forum Member
    Exactly, so explaining her presence better would have been good for us who have taste. :)

Not really, would have been wasted, because lets be honest, you have no intention of liking anyone from e20, the same will go for e20, mark 2.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Not really, would have been wasted, because lets be honest, you have no intention of liking anyone from e20, the same will go for e20, mark 2.
    I like Zsa Zsa. :)

I think the guy who plays FatBoy is good but I can't stand the character.

And Leon and Mercy are appalling characters and actors.

So considering how I started...not too bad. :D
    Forum Member
    I like Zsa Zsa. :)

I think the guy who plays FatBoy is good but I can't stand the character.

And Leon and Mercy are appalling characters and actors.

So considering how I started...not too bad. :D

Actually, that's true...
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigDuck wrote: »

I agree!