Any evidence that programme makers read these forums?

mychmosemychmose Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
I've seen the odd post from people associated with programmes, but not to too many.

When a show gets almost universally rubbished here, Bone-kickers, Survivors, Hunted come to mind, do DS forums ever get honourable mentions? Or do makers ever challenge the views represented here?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve and I have always buried them deep inside of me.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its obvious that programme makers DO NOT look at this site - otherwise there would be no progs with Bruce Forsyth, Katie Price or Kerry Katona on them!
  • Molly HuntMolly Hunt Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... you forgot to mention the Millican!
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Philip Edgar-Jones from Endemol regularly post on the BB forum when it was on Channel 4?

Don't know if he read any of the comments.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the production team (possibly a writer, can't remember) of Outcasts came online to defend the show against massive online criticism.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Programme Makers don't really have much say on who is on TV, that's the commissioners and channels - like ITV wanting Ant and Dec.etc

Programme makers probably do read these forums, but not ones who have influence high up.

Look at me I work in TV, just not far up, only been in industry a couple years
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Bodycombe, question setter for Only Connect, is a regular contributor on that thread.

I can't imagine that people connected with other shows don't take a peek at what people are saying about them on here, even if they don't contribute.
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I posted an idea for a task on Big Brother many years ago, and was mildly surprised to see it actually in the show a week later, although it had been watered down a bit to make it workable in context.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Chris Kenna count?
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think some of us upset Derren Brown after his Apocalypse bollocks.