Jordan?

YesYes Posts: 364
Forum Member
Compared to the other bloke, it was karaoke v a brilliant pro.

Sneaky Willy pretty much admitted it, so why did he give one of his best contestants to someone else? Some sort of producer involvement? I can't see any rationale behind it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand his thinking either. That Kordan guy has a weird stage presence, it made me feel uncomfortable to watch it. Matt is far more natural.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His facial expressions are weird, I would have chosen Matt. I didn't understand Wills logic behind choosing Jordan its about who better in the battle/voice not about who the others coaches will and won't choose.
  • YesYes Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    jordan has a troll face. I think the show are trolling us by keeping someone who can't sing in it. He can maybe get 5 stars and 100% in rock band 3 singing the Darkness but he sounded like crap tonight

Something I liked about the Voice was they generally didn't keep crap people in unlike X Factor
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a pretty strange move, although I guess Will's got a great team so maybe he wanted to assure that Matt would get through and he could choose 3 other great people? I doubt he'll take Jordan through to the lives. If someone with a team like Danny had done that I would have found it really strange though :p
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I seem to disagree with everyone else here - I thought Jordan was good tonight, probably on the same level as Matt.
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's to clear the way for three others in his group, neither Jordan's fault nor for his benefit.
    Forum Member
    Hmm, I seem to disagree with everyone else here - I thought Jordan was good tonight, probably on the same level as Matt.
    I'd recommend you get yourself down to the doctor on Monday morning mate because your hearing is horrific.
  • bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Will seemed disappointed at Matt's comments about singing a Stevie Wonder song - whereas Jordan threw himself completely into it.

I would have chosen Matt & Will was confident Matt would be picked up
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    Jordan was far more watchable and has a better range IMO

Matt was ok and got into it (and really he should have done better as the song suited him far far more), but he comes across as a backing singing - he's not a winner
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before they sang, I was rooting for the geek. But he pulled some very strange facial expressions and went out of tune whereas Matt's performance was more natural and smooth. I'm pleased he was 'stolen' but I don't believe for a second that Will was acting altruistically!

Jordan should be out.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Jordan cringeworthy. It was all very stage school (not helped by the fact that he looks about 14) and his gurning just made me laugh. He needs to go away, learn to use the rest of his voice (the falsetto is getting tedious now and if he gets as far as the lives, at some point, he'll have to sing a song which doesn't have falsetto bits in it) and learn to really connect with the lyrics.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Yes wrote: »
    I'd recommend you get yourself down to the doctor on Monday morning mate because your hearing is horrific.

Not that bad... (taking the face and the suit and the err... dancing out of the equation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vydSqLhFnaQ

A lot better than the two female battles, anyway.
    Forum Member
    Just watched the performance again, Jordan is woeful but the black guy isn't as good as I thought.

I think Will's rationale is he doesn't think either singer is good and he wants rid of both. Nobody would want Jordan so he allowed another judge to take the black guy. It leaves a weak person for later on.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both much of muchness.

Was expecting Matt to be amazing judging by on here but he was middle of the road as was Jordan

Bit of fanboy-ism going on here
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will could only do this once. I just hope he picked the right one to do this with as I am not sure any of his remaining voices would suit moving to Team Danny.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jordan...one trick high voiced pony
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I was pleasantly surprised when Will chose Jordan. I really like him and am looking forward to watching him on the live shows. Matt was boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Jordan better. I think given a song he suits he can be better than the other guy was. I wasn't that bothered though, neither of them actually ha me cossing my fingers hoping one or the other would go through.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes wrote: »
    Compared to the other bloke, it was karaoke v a brilliant pro.

Sneaky Willy pretty much admitted it, so why did he give one of his best contestants to someone else? Some sort of producer involvement? I can't see any rationale behind it.

Uh, I dont get Jordan. Its all so "stage school" "teeth & tits" "West End musical" with him. Why throw away one of your best singers??

I guess Matt is blander as a personality, which must have been a factor. So much for it being about "the voice".

Oh, & he was right to go with Jessie J. Tom Jones will just fill his team up with power singers, so he wont stand out in the crowd in Team Tom.
  • marks thespotmarks thespot Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jordan is doing a "concert", more of a cabaret on 31st May:

http://www.stjamestheatre.co.uk/events/jordan-lee-davies-in-concert/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both good but I thought they were both 'meh'. One is forgettable and the other is too quirky. And that suit was just awful! :eek::p

I can see Jordon doing cabaret or theatre and as someone else has already said, Matt as a backing singer. Still a lot better than many careers I can think of though.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Was Jordan the dude that auditioned with the Darkness' song? His audition was horrible and his performance in the Battle Round was awful... perhaps Will wants some cannon fodder to ensure his better acts reach the final. You have to remember that each "team" (ha) is actually fighting only against itself until the final.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His falsetto is very hard to listen to, his high notes actually remind me of a hen clucking
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt wasn't anywhere near as good on Saturday night as he was at his first audition. Will knew that, and he said he had been disappointed with his performances in rehearsals. However, he knew that by saving Jordan he would get the other judges really worked up, and one of them was guaranteed to save Matt. And he was right. He managed to get Jessie to (in his opinion) 'waste' her steal, meaning she can't steal anyone else who does a better performance than Matt, and he has someone he can get rid of easily when it comes to the knock-outs, saving him too much emotional upheaval in making that decision. Win-win for Will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachymac wrote: »
    Matt wasn't anywhere near as good on Saturday night as he was at his first audition. Will knew that, and he said he had been disappointed with his performances in rehearsals. However, he knew that by saving Jordan he would get the other judges really worked up, and one of them was guaranteed to save Matt. And he was right. He managed to get Jessie to (in his opinion) 'waste' her steal, meaning she can't steal anyone else who does a better performance than Matt, and he has someone he can get rid of easily when it comes to the knock-outs, saving him too much emotional upheaval in making that decision. Win-win for Will.

And here I was thinking it was the contestants that mattered the most after the blinds. Stupid me.

He might not have been better than his audition, but he was better than Jordan. Everyone, including Will, said as much. There is no point keeping someone in the competition who won't go far and he just plans to get rid of anyway. At some point Will has to stop playing the game. It will only bite him in the butt.
    From what I know of who made it to the lives, Will has made a terrible mistake. No doubt he will still try to claim the credit, though, if Matt makes it to the finals.