Options

Pre-school weren't that great

YesYes Posts: 364
Forum Member
Also, someone stuck a giant kid in the group.

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never find these large kid dance troupe as great as they're made out to be by the judges.
  • Options
    spikydogspikydog Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very mediocre. A bit of a cop-out on the judges' part to put them through knowing they have little chance of getting to the live shows.

One small child would probably have two or three adult family members and a sibling or two with them. Multiply that by 15-20 in one of these groups and it adds up to a lot of supporters in the audience. That explains all the hysteria and also makes it more difficult for the judges to be honestly critical.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    I very much doubt it - I hope the judges know that there can't put through many singers & dancers through this year as we get it every year.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As usual though, they all got through. It's so predictable what the judges verdicts will be. Cowell refuses to reject any kids because he knows that the audience will boo him. He's completely spineless! It's a good show, but he's very unfair at times.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spikydog wrote: »
    Very mediocre. A bit of a cop-out on the judges' part to put them through knowing they have little chance of getting to the live shows.

One small child would probably have two or three adult family members and a sibling or two with them. Multiply that by 15-20 in one of these groups and it adds up to a lot of supporters in the audience. That explains all the hysteria and also makes it more difficult for the judges to be honestly critical.

Absolutely spot on. They only put them through because they were terrified of being booed, and also of being in Cowell's bad books. It's such a predictable show at times.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I find it really hard to watch the dancers on BGT .The floor is too shiney and their feet are a bit of a blur as I can see almost double in the floor .Am I alone in that ?
  • Options
    Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    So they're a carbon copy of a crap dance group that didn't win it last year? I think that would tell you that nobody wants this tripe to win!

Cant wait to see them cry and the disappointed looks on their faces will make me howl with laughter!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    There should be a lower age limit. These kids are too young, They were nearly in tears last night when they thought they were going to be rejected. Thats the only reason they got through so there wouldn't be a crying match on stage.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cowell and Co. are scared of upsetting the kids as well as their supporters. I remember a few years back, Simon told one young lad who was a single dancer that he didn't like his dancing as much as he did the last time and this lad ended up in tears. Simon later said he felt bad afterwards seeing the boy crying because of what he said about his dance act.
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    So they're a carbon copy of a crap dance group that didn't win it last year? I think that would tell you that nobody wants this tripe to win!

Cant wait to see them cry and the disappointed looks on their faces will make me howl with laughter!!!

What a horrible nasty thing to say ..you sound sick
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tawe wrote: »

This is spot on
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

You sound like a real charmer .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is spot on
    You sound like a real charmer .

It's my opinion. I'm sticking to it. If they cant deal with the rejection they shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

People find different things funny
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    tuppen wrote: »
    There should be a lower age limit. These kids are too young, They were nearly in tears last night when they thought they were going to be rejected. Thats the only reason they got through so there wouldn't be a crying match on stage.

They'll have to let them down carefully then when it comes to the selection stage in a few weeks time as I can't see the judges putting them through.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I only watched a poor Youtube video so I couldnt really see what was going on but to be honest I'm sick of this stuff where they play like 5 seconds of 1 track, dance to it and then change it and then change again as if they're Diversity. They're clearly not. Just choose 1 track for the whole routine FFS! Its annoying.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Dance troops or child performers. So a no win from me.
    Not because I hate children, but they have an unfair advantage for the stated reasons.

I don't think that under 16's should be allowed.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is this also your normal reaction to other people's misfortunes? I didn't particurlarly like most of the dancers so far featured either, but I wouldn't find it amusing or take pleasure in seeing them in tears if they are rejected. Anyone who laughs at seeing others upset clearly has a problem and should seriously take a long hard look at themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this also your normal reaction to other people's misfortunes? I didn't particurlarly like most of the dancers so far featured either, but I wouldn't find it amusing or take pleasure in seeing them in tears if they are rejected. Anyone who laughs at seeing others upset clearly has a problem and should seriously take a long hard look at themselves.

You've pretty much said the same as other people on here. Just read my last post I still feel the same way

Edit: Yes I do laugh at other people's misfortune and tears. Like when man united got beat by Barcelona in the European cup final.

That's just one example. There are many more
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've pretty much said the same as other people on here. Just read my last post I still feel the same way

Edit: Yes I do laugh at other people's misfortune and tears. Like when man united got beat by Barcelona in the European cup final.

That's just one example. There are many more

Don't get too cocky mate, as there will be many times in your life when you suffer misfortune and there will be people around who will laugh and rejoice at it ,.. Then you will remember these words and the times you picked on little kids,,Never forget you were a child once . And not always the nasty bitter person you seem to have turned into .
  • Options
    MarleyBMarleyB Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    personally I thought they were crap, but they just kids so I way I see it let them through but don't send them to semi's that way they don't whine like brats
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't get too cocky mate, as there will be many times in your life when you suffer misfortune and there will be people around who will laugh and rejoice at it ,.. Then you will remember these words and the times you picked on little kids,,Never forget you were a child once . And not always the nasty bitter person you seem to have turned into .

If there was a thread called "stating the obvious" you could have put that post in there.

You don't know me, Im not a nasty bitter person so please dont feel that you're entitled in any way to judge me

I've expressed an opinion. Yours obviously differs from mine but this is a forum and things like this will happen
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would put an age limit on auditionees. They weren't great, they were good for kids but thats it. They were just doing simple moves but at the same time.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a thread called "stating the obvious" you could have put that post in there.

You don't know me, Im not a nasty bitter person so please dont feel that you're entitled in any way to judge me

I've expressed an opinion. Yours obviously differs from mine but this is a forum and things like this will happen

So howling with laughter at kids crying is not being nasty? If you are not a nasty bitter person as you claim, have some compassion for them even if you don't like them, rather than sneering and laughing at them being in tears, it's not nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So howling with laughter at kids crying is not being nasty? If you are not a nasty bitter person as you claim, have some compassion for them even if you don't like them, rather than sneering and laughing at them being in tears, it's not nice.

You probably find things funny that I wouldn't find funny
  • Options
    rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my opinion. I'm sticking to it. If they cant deal with the rejection they shouldn't be on the show in the first place.

People find different things funny

I agree mate