Options

IPTV Solution

Hi all,

I saw BT vision for the first time the other week at a friends house. I really liked it, and had some good free content on it.

I would be very tempted to buy into such a service, but as Vision is tied to BT Broadband I cannot make the switch (I've had no problems with my Be* connection for the past 2.5 years, and wouldn't want to swap to the dreaded BT services!)

So my question is, where can I get a similar service that will work with any ISP. I've seen Fetch TV, which seems like a match in terms of service, but I am put off by the bad reviews of the hardware and usability.

There is also 3view which I believe is a fairly new service. This looks promising, but the £300 price tag for the device seems a little steep (FetchTv HD+ box is ~£200).

Are there any others out there? I'd just ilke the catch up services in one place, with some free VOD content, and the ability to rent new and classic movies every-so-often.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is BT BB dreaded? I switched to them because they are the best in my area.
  • Options
    TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »
    Is BT BB dreaded? I switched to them because they are the best in my area.
    I've always heard the worst about them. Besides, with my service from Be* (part of the o2 group) has been fautless in terms of speed, availability and unlimited usage.

I've been led to believe BT heavily shapes its traffic at peak times, and has strict download limits. Both of these factors put me off!
  • Options
    TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    I guess no one has any recommendations or reviews of these services?
  • Options
    MP34L1feMP34L1fe Posts: 725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always heard the worst about them. Besides, with my service from Be* (part of the o2 group) has been fautless in terms of speed, availability and unlimited usage.

I've been led to believe BT heavily shapes its traffic at peak times, and has strict download limits. Both of these factors put me off!

They only actively shape P2P which alot of ISP's do and DL Limits depend on your package, I have Infinity which is unlimited and find it is excellent for my needs