Danny Pink as the next companion?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
I was thinking about it the other night, and felt that as in this two parter Danny is being given more screen time than we are used to seeing for him, if he also appears in X-Mas special (depending what happens tonight) then I think its a decent start for him to become a companion in S9.

My thinking is this...

We have so far seen Danny from Clara's perspective, and what little we've seen is specific parts of their relationship that tend to involve The Doctor as a 'crisis' point in their relationship.

Now we are getting to seeing more of his character, from his perspective instead of Clara's and we have learned a great deal more about him than any appearance of his so far.

It struck me as a very interesting way to build his character, we have seen what Clara and the Doctor think of him and now we are starting to see things from his perspective and knowing what we do from Clara and the Doctors views of him this helps us to somewhat understand his viewpoint in these episodes.

Danny can travel with Clara and the Doctor in the X-Mas episode and understand what they enjoy about the travelling the universe and should Clara leave or die in the X-Mas special, I can imagine Danny being quite understanding and, for whatever reason, taking on Clara's mantle as companion.

This kind of introduction, I feel, would give us a fairly developed companion to begin S9 with, meaning we don't have to spend an episode or two learning who the character is and what motivates them because we should at that point already know but it still leaves room for Danny to develop as a character throughout his travels.

I'm neither for nor against Danny as a companion for S9, I think it might be interesting and these were some thoughts I had about how it could be done.

I hope it makes sense :)

Comments

• bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he's dead!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea he's dead, thankfully, but if they found some convoluted way of bringing him back to become the new companion then I'm done with the show. he just sucks the life out of every episode he appears in
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not, the actor is awful. Shame, the character had potential. And he's cute too. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I don't think he'll be back as he's dead.

And I hope they don't bring him back as I found the character immensely irritating and a complete d**k!

Christmas episode looks intriguing though - Santa and aliens! (Although it does have the immensely irritating Nick Frost who is a complete d**k!)
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would be fun to see the brigadier as a cyberman as a companion, after all who's better than him who deserves a good view of the universe