Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion 42 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well seeing as its got wrestling in the company name you would think fans would enjoy a 60 minute wrestling match from Shawn/Bret.

Yet you didn't enjoy a 60 minute wrestling match between HHH and The Rock.

Wrestling has so many different styles. Technical wrestling is one of them, and if that's what you enjoy, then great - you probably do hold Bret/Shawn's Iron Man as the pinnacle of the industry.

But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that most fans are not lovers of technical wrestling. The arena were bored to death and I am struggling to think of many technical matches in the modern era that the fans got truly invested in - maybe Punk/Bryan at Over The Limit, but that's it.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    I didnt say I didnt enjoy Rock/HHH as ive watched it many times just hated the far too many decisions.

Just heard this morning that Muhammad Ali passed away last night which is sad news.

I remember him being in a ton of promo stuff for the first Wrestlemania and him being the referee.

I do remember him in WCW when Bischoff gave him a award and from the looks of him he didnt seem all there. Sad to read about how bad his health declined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    The WWE 60 minute matches don't work, but Flair v Steamboat and ROH: Punk v Joe 2 are very good 60 minute matches.

Looking back now its a shame Steamboat didnt stay when they brought Flair in. I know he was pissed they wanted him to job to Skinner on the house shows but maybe they should have brought Ricky in as a former World Champion instead of a new character as they portrayed him because I dont recall them mentioning his previous WWE run back then which he had grumbles about.

Could have been a awesome moment Flair in the Rumble then Steamboat comes out.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    just noticed something on smackdown, AJ's music hits and its full of cheers then a few seconds later the cheers turned to boo's, i swear to god kevin dunn needs fired.
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah the production was a load of bollocks too don't get me wrong. Just not the main issue with it. I know Dixie likes to try and compete but steer away from the 'Shittest Wrestling Moment Of The Week' category. WWE had that award won with the first 20 minutes of Raw but TNA managed to knock it out of the park.

I'm more interested to know what the people who were writing it weren't on when they were planning that segment.

Have ti say too my brand extension enthusiasm is waning after this week. The more I see and hesr the less I like the idea. It has a hint of 'same show, different faces' already
  • Options
    Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    just noticed something on smackdown, AJ's music hits and its full of cheers then a few seconds later the cheers turned to boo's, i swear to god kevin dunn needs fired.

As JBL would say fans cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer:D. But on a serious note someone's gonna get fired by Vinnie Mac.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As JBL would say fans cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer:D. But on a serious note someone's gonna get fired by Vinnie Mac.

The tag match should have gone on last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The tag match should have gone on last.

TBH I don't really care what should have main evented this week's Smackdown it was just another one of those go with the flow type shows which sums up Smackdown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can I just say how ridiculous it is that we have Rollins and AJ as heels and Reigns and the Usos as faces - with Steph in that weird not a face but not a full-on heel flux?

Fans clearly want to cheer Rollins and AJ but instead WWE go out their way to turn both heel while none of Usos, Steph or Reigns are - all of whom its clear the wants want to boo.

The AJ turn was executed well don't get me wrong but so unnecessary.

I do feel more and more WWE are feuding with their own fans.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Can I just say how ridiculous it is that we have Rollins and AJ as heels and Reigns and the Usos as faces - with Steph in that weird not a face but not a full-on heel flux?

Fans clearly want to cheer Rollins and AJ but instead WWE go out their way to turn both heel while none of Usos, Steph or Reigns are - all of whom its clear the wants want to boo.

Because in their minds they will forever be right, And won't accept they aren't
  • Options
    Forum Member

WWE are now at that stage where they are just trying too hard to make Roman Reigns the top babyface even Roman himself can see it's not working out especially with his I'm not a good guy I'm not a bad guy I'm the guy promo. Your post reminds me of commentary explaining to the viewers that fans cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer at the start of the post Wrestlemania Raw it just made me cringe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WWE are now at that stage where they are just trying too hard to make Roman Reigns the top babyface even Roman himself can see it's not working out especially with his I'm not a good guy I'm not a bad guy I'm the guy promo. Your post reminds me of commentary explaining to the viewers that fans cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer at the start of the post Wrestlemania Raw it just made me cringe.

Even that promo was based off a line JBL had done the night before.

The thing is the build genuinely could genuinely be like that for the 2 big singles matches at MITB - heels being cheered, faces being booed and it reflects badly on WWE.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    AJ Styles vs John Cena confirmed for MITB.

I would have saved that match for Summerslam as it is a match people have been waiting years for even if just becuase AJ was the biggest name outside WWE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TBH I don't really care what should have main evented this week's Smackdown it was just another one of those go with the flow type shows which sums up Smackdown.

The tag match was great. Miles better than AJ/Kofi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AJ Styles vs John Cena confirmed for MITB.

I would have saved that match for Summerslam as it is a match people have been waiting years for even if just becuase AJ was the biggest name outside WWE.

I personally feel they rushed it. The club only just split and they suddenly join back and go heel. This should have panned out for the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally feel they rushed it. The club only just split and they suddenly join back and go heel. This should have panned out for the next few weeks.

I agree. If it was up to me in this situation, I'd have The Club attack Cena during his entrance. Adds more fuel to the feud and makes a match at SummerSlam even more special.
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Lots of reports stating Lesnar is very close in resigning with the UFC. They are hoping to have him fight at UFC 200 in July!!

Would be awesome to see him fight again back in the UFC and also funny that he would of headlined Wrestlemaina and fight in the UFC again all before CM Punk lol
  • Options
    CardioCortezCardioCortez Posts: 11,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When was the last special guest referee match?

Apart from The Smackdown one mentioned, Vince refereed Sheamus Vs Roman Reigns for the World title on RAW at the start of the year.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    Lots of reports stating Lesnar is very close in resigning with the UFC. They are hoping to have him fight at UFC 200 in July!!

Would be awesome to see him fight again back in the UFC and also funny that he would of headlined Wrestlemaina and fight in the UFC again all before CM Punk lol

If they're paying him enough I could see it but it's odd from Lesnar as I doubt he lasts 5 minutes against Mark Hunt in 2016
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brock confirmed for UFC 200 on July 9th, opponent to be announced on Monday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And WWE confirm he's still with them and working Summerslam.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    It's a one match deal WWE has agreed to.

I doubt Vince will have agreed for nothing he will be getting something out of this maybe Ronda Rousey having the HHH and Steph vs Rock and Rousey match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Punk is undefeated in UFC though I'll have you know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also congratulations to Edge and Beth Phoenix who have given birth to a second child - Ruby Ever Copeland
  • Options
    Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly.

Punk is undefeated in UFC though I'll have you know

So am I. :p:D
This discussion has been closed.