One Tree Hill - Renewed For 9th Season

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
Forum Member
✭✭
Prayers have been answered The CW just renewed One Tree Hill for a 9th and more than likely final season.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/one-tree-hill-picked-up-for-season-9-will-james-lafferty-return.html

Sophia Bush tweeted
"Congrats #OTH fans! Keeping your fingers crossed worked! Season9 is officially picked up for 13 episodes!"

Austin Nichol tweeted
"We just got picked up for 13 episodes. #OTH cannot be killed thanks to the fans."

Stephen Colletti tweeted
"Season 9 is a go go gadget One Tree. !"

Allison Munn tweeted
"Great news for #OTH fans!! Your hard work paid off!"

Jane Kramer tweeted
"Congrats OTH fans!!!!! SEASON 9!!"

Comments

• CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased. I wasn't ready for it to end yet.

I appreciate the argument that the show isn't what it was but I still enjoy it and have been happy to watch it evolve without Lucas and Peyton.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yey! OTH is my guilty pleasure.

I do hope season 9 is the last though and the wrap it up nicely.

I heard somewhere (a few weeks ago, so while it was still uncertain if it would be renewed) that James Lafferty will only be in season 9 part time which will be a bit odd. Hopefully they don't split Nayley up and he just goes off to work or go to college or something and pops back and forward ever so often.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collybird wrote: »
    I'm really pleased. I wasn't ready for it to end yet.

I appreciate the argument that the show isn't what it was but I still enjoy it and have been happy to watch it evolve without Lucas and Peyton.

Me too.

And tbh I was never a fan of Peyton. She was far to whiny for my liking.
  • zippykinszippykins Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Hopefully a nice happy ending for Brooke. Probably the only character I still like in the show...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Voegele tweeted
    "well it sounds like it's OFFICIAL guys! @RealOneTreeHill will have a SEASON 9!"
    "thanks4 all ur hard work fighting4 @RealOneTreeHill S9!"
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member
    I'm actually gutted the only show I've likd this year well apart from TVD is Hellcats and that's been axed. I did like OTH but come on end
  • KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I'm actually gutted the only show I've likd this year well apart from TVD is Hellcats and that's been axed. I did like OTH but come on end

Hellcats got axed? I really like it. :(

I'm kind of glad about OTH, I guess, but I wouldn't have been bothered if it had been axed. I would like to see Brooke have her baby though. :) She is hands down my favourite character from any of these shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww, I quite liked Hellcats, although it was nothing special so not surprised it was axed.

Tom welling will have some time on his hands then with no Smallville or Hellcats to keep him busy.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just cant believe Gossip Girl got renewed it's ratings have been dreadful since the end of season 2. This season has rarely even hit 2million viewers.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member
    I watched the final ep of the season there really is no point to season 9. All nicely wrapped everybody happy. One thing that did come to mind though what year is it in OTH cos Jamies about 9 or 10 yet born when they were 17/18 and they started the show around the same age as me and I'm only turning 24 this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I use to love this show. I haven't seen an episode since 7th season because life got too busy. I think I need to get caught up for the new season!
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad we've got this final season. I just feel the show deserves it. I'm feeling all nostalgic now, will have to watch all my dvd's in study leave :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I watched the final ep of the season there really is no point to season 9. All nicely wrapped everybody happy. One thing that did come to mind though what year is it in OTH cos Jamies about 9 or 10 yet born when they were 17/18 and they started the show around the same age as me and I'm only turning 24 this year

There was the 4 year gap of them off at college that we didn't see between seasons 4 and 5. So Jamie was 4 when he first appeared played by Jackson Brundage.

Then, wiki says there was also a 14 month gap between seasons 6 and 7 after Payton and Lucas left.

So assuming the seasons are about a year each, Jamie would be about 9 or 10 now.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good news as now they can write a defintive finale(although can it beat s7?)

please get lucas/peyton back for the finale if possible. nice closure
  • KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would have been a worthy end to the whole show. I don't really want another season now. I mean, all the storylines I thought the 9th season would have all got wrapped up in this one! I really don't see where else it could go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finale wise i just cant see anyhting topping s7,it just ended so well

final line of sometimes "you should believe in dreams because sometimes they come true" was great
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that would have been a worthy end to the whole show. I don't really want another season now. I mean, all the storylines I thought the 9th season would have all got wrapped up in this one! I really don't see where else it could go.

Ive not seen season 8 yet but I thought the same thing about the season 6 ending it was all wrapped up nicely but I suppose they had to do that in case it didn’t return & people moaned it wasn’t ended properly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry i mean s6 finale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    So glad they're doing a season 9 :cool: Also, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the song Haley sang on last nights episode!! I felt so old listening to Walk on the Ocean again. I was toootally shocked to see it’s a Toad the Wet Sprocket song! I wonder what they're up to lately :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's coming back in January 2012, and not September :confused: guess it is only going to get 13 episodes then and not get picked up for a full 22
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad this has happened, the s8 finale wasn't good enough to end the show on imo :o.

I really hope that we see Luke and Peyton's characters return for the series finale at least, I think the end of one tree hill needs them.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I would have preferred it to end over the likes of hellcats, it was all wrapped up, they clearly rushed Brookes pregnancy and delivery to give closure to the audience and even got Jamie reliving the first ever scene Lucas did with the bridge and the scott hoodieand even bought Dan back
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame. I used to love One Tree Hill but I think it came to a natural end when Lucas and Peyton left. Season 7 was alright but season 8 was complete rubbish. Some of the episodes were woeful and I gave up.

I know the writers will have wanted to give the audience what they want with Brooke getting pregnant etc but they've covered everything they can. I don't see what they're going to do in season 9. I won't be watching to find out either. For me, the show died when Lucas and Peyton left. Clay and Quinn are terrible characters, and now it's all about getting people on the show to promote their own music - even more than it was before. It's all babies babies babies and sex sex sex. Boring.
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I may be the only person in the entire world who thinks Season 7 was the best season haha. I loved the focus around Julians movie, and I think Alex is one of the best characters ever. Clay and Quinn were adequate replacements for Leyton (who were, individually, terrible characters imo), and it felt like a whole new air had been breathed into the show.

Only downside IMO was Millicents drug abuse. It was a great acted storyline, but it just didn't ring true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad theres a season 9, I hope Chad and Hilarie do appear.