James Arthur's Arrogance.

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's arrogance at all. To be honest I think what we're seeing here is embarrassment. This isn't the type of music he signed up for, it doesn't suit him and he's worried he'll be singing Brittney next week. They did the same to Matt Cardle.
  • c4ll3mwc4ll3mw Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont find him arrogant, complete opposite actually. I dont like his voice though at all and i find him uncomfortable to watch.

Not bashing him just my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    after the judges houses i thought he'd win. he was so good. i don't think he's really arrogant or anything but he's lost the humbleness he had before which was very appealing. i don't think he'll win now but i do like him...but not as much as i did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's arrogant I just think he's a bit "fish out of water". He doesnt really have the personality or the social graces to put himself over well in a public domain.

But at heart he's a good bloke and hell, he can sing and perform. The rest would probably come with time. I like him :)
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I don't think he's arrogant I just think he's a bit "fish out of water". He doesnt really have the personality or the social graces to put himself over well in a public domain.

But at heart he's a good bloke and hell, he can sing and perform. The rest would probably come with time. I like him :)

Well in the first instance there would need to be a lot of media training because I don't think he could handle the hard questions at all. I don't think even Max Clifford could offer his usual magic in this situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    That's not arrogance, it's a common sign of low self esteem. An arrogant person would look them in the eye expecting to be praised.

What they said
  • bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Well in the first instance there would need to be a lot of media training because I don't think he could handle the hard questions at all. I don't think even Max Clifford could offer his usual magic in this situation.

Who say's any artist has to play to the medias rules. Tell em to F off.

The media may be able to make or break you, but the trick is not to give a damn. The tabloid press are the lowest form of life on the planet bar none. As for Max Clifford, I tend to judge people by the company they keep.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

The media may be able to make or break you, but the trick is not to give a damn. The tabloid press are the lowest form of life on the planet bar none. As for Max Clifford, I tend to judge people by the company they keep.

Excellent post and point. What I like about James is he has the potential to act how you describe :cool: :)
  • beckham76beckham76 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suppose for every new Twitter follower telling him he is gorgeous and amazing, and every new celebrity saying how there supporting him, and every new amzing comment from the judges..
    and as he is saved every week shows he is right to be cocky..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really I doubt very much if he told all media to F off he would get very far. Forget about the tabloid media, what about those other music magazines - should he tell them to F off too. Perhaps a total media blackout and no promotion would necessitate his humble career.
  • goroos1994goroos1994 Posts: 3,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump! :D
  • chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reread. I wonder what did happen to that shy, self-effacing kid that was on the X Factor last year. Did he get a job afterwards? It'd be nice to keep up with what people get up to when the show is over. He should get himself one of those them thar Twitter accounts, to keep himself in the public eye and give some insight into what he thinks about everything.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chavet wrote: »
    Thanks for the reread. I wonder what did happen to that shy, self-effacing kid that was on the X Factor last year. Did he get a job afterwards? It'd be nice to keep up with what people get up to when the show is over. He should get himself one of those them thar Twitter accounts, to keep himself in the public eye and give some insight into what he thinks about everything.

<3<3<3 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    Bump! :D

Yes Thank you. this highlights the delusion with which some people would try to cover up latent hatred for himself and everything else. All those who said he was insecure need to look again. He is a talentless misery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Think I was wrong about James Arthur. I thought he was a little uncertain as a person, turns out I was wrong perhaps!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I was wrong about James Arthur. I thought he was a little uncertain as a person, turns out I was wrong perhaps!

I think a lot of us gave him the benefit of the doubt, to be fair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »

True, even with the first Cardle spat. I thought maybe his words had been twisted or he'd got the wrong end of the stick but the continuous need to astute his best over everyone Matt, Kingsland Road, One Direction, Union J and now Lucie, it's just plain nasty.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »

None of us have degrees in hindsight, we can on go on how it seems at the time :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Strange reading this thread back - I didnt warm to him on the show much TBH but like most, just assumed he was shy and unsure of himself to be fair, but Arthur has since revealed him himself to be a nasty piece of work, insulting everyone and making vile comments and without much (any?) actual talent. Its like he doesnt know how to deal with fame. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, even with the first Cardle spat. I thought maybe his words had been twisted or he'd got the wrong end of the stick but the continuous need to astute his best over everyone Matt, Kingsland Road, One Direction, Union J and now Lucie, it's just plain nasty.

Seems to me he's essentially a megalomaniac. He feels like he's riding high at the moment so all these nasty characteristics come to the fore. You can bet if his career nose-dives he'll blame absolutely everyone but himself. It'll be Simon Cowell's fault for being too pop-centric, it'll be the vindictive gays fault for bullying him, it'll be the public's fault for not understanding how 'real' he is. :rolleyes:
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    None of us have degrees in hindsight, we can on go on how it seems at the time :)

There wasn't much benefit of the doubt from me: from his first appearance on my impression was of thuggery waiting to happen, somebody not to be anywhere near when he has a few drinks in him, or at least only to address ever so carefully :eek:;)

I was probably completely mistaken, of course. Didn't have him down for a Twitter warrior at all.