Criminal Minds Season Finale

julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,744
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone else watch this last night on Sky Living.
I think it ended terrible. Was happy to see the whole team together with the exception of Strauss towards the end but it was as if the writers could think of nothing else - no such cliffhanger to keep you interested until the next season which will be sometime next year.

I couldn't believe how much Mark Hamill has aged compared to his days as the young Luke Skywalker in Star Wars

Comments

• Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I understood it, the show was very much on the 'bubble' as far as renewal for another season, and a lot of the cast were negociating new contracts, so perhaps they decided to end it as they did just in case it didn't come back. After all there's nothing worse than a show ending on a cliffhanger, and then being cancelled.

Know what you mean about Mark Hamill too. Think he's definitely going to have to get a bit of exercise if he's coming back in the next Star Wars film.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it coming back? I was vaguely hoping it wasn't, and they'd end it with the bad guy succeeding in murdering the entire team.
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Is it coming back? I was vaguely hoping it wasn't, and they'd end it with the bad guy succeeding in murdering the entire team.

Think they are currently filming the new season
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Did I blink and miss somthing, as one moment they're all locked up,
    the next they're running out the door with a throw away line about Rossi saving them, with zero explanation of how he had managed to open an electically locked steel door.

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    It can't end there.

Looking forward to the next series
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A. Yes me too. I thought I’d blinked or something. It was very strange indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I even missed the comment about Rossi so had to rewind it wondering how they got out of there.
    The episode was really good up until that point, it's like they ran out of time, I mean you didn't even see Rossi enter the building, let alone save them. He was just at the BAU then he appears in the house behind the unsub.
    And did I miss something about Rossi and Strauss's YEAR LONG affair. I don't remember this EVER being mentioned?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    It was hinted at Rossi and Strauss being together.

When Spencer and Penelope saw them coming out of the building together (not sure if was hotel) - when they were going to that comic convention thing.

I read someone where that it was finished that way because they didn't know if it was going to be renewed - so they wanted it to end at a point where there was nothing waiting to be solved etc.

I enjoyed the episode (then again - i love the show lol) - i thought it had a bit of drama, sadness etc.

Although I did get confused about how the escaped from that room - that is the only part that could have been done alot better!!
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night. I liked how it was wrapped up.
    I don't like cliffhangers. If I like a show I will watch the next season, I don't need a dangling plot to goad me into watching.

I didn't like the cliffhanger on NCIS LA, one person actually hanging off a building. some captured being tortured, and a storyline unresolved. We know they will escape, there is no tension in a cliffhanger in most procedural shores where the cast is fairly static.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole season has been a disappointment I mean someone in the FBI has just killed one of the bosses and it's an internal worker and no one at Quantico locked the building down or no major alert was put out.

Didn't they end the last season with a celebration it's de ja vu the whole season has been exactly the same format on each episode and it needs freshening up it doesn't need to have Garcia finding the unsub at 48mins and Morgan kicking the door in at 51mins shouting "EFF-BEE-EYE", the unsub then surrenders and a cheesy MOR rock song plays as the walk away in slow motion.