Options

HDR-Fox T2 not recognising USB divice

gjf60gjf60 Posts: 117
Forum Member
When I plug in a USB flash drive or a external HDD that I have used before on this T2 it does not read the drive. When I select the media button on the remote and then the blue button I get the blue USB symbol with or without a USB device plugged in. when selecting the USB blue symbol with a USB device plugged in it disappears and just shows the media info from the internal HDD.

Before I had this problem the blue USB symbol was only present when a USB device was plugged in. Its the same with the front or rear USB socket. I have the custom software. 3.03 and 1.03.12 std software I recently ran the check package programme but not sure if this happened immediately after . Any ideas ?

Comments

• Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gjf60 wrote: »
    When I plug in a USB flash drive or a external HDD that I have used before on this T2 it does not read the drive. When I select the media button on the remote and then the blue button I get the blue USB symbol with or without a USB device plugged in.

Before I had this problem the blue USB symbol was only present when a USB device was plugged in. Its the same with the front or rear USB socket. I have the custom software. 3.03 and 1.03.12 std software Any ideas ?
    I've never seen that happen on a HDR-FOX T2 but something similar does happen on a HDR-2000T.

There are two things you could try:

(a) Use the USB eject option on the 'Hidden Settings' menu to eject the phantom USB drive.
    Or use the custom firmware to eject the phantom USB drive. The eject button on the c/f webif interface is towards the top left corner.

(b) Restart the HDR-FOX T2 so that you get the splash reloader screen displayed followed by the cf version being displayed on the front panel (showing it is reloading the software as opposed to no splash screen in which case it will be using the software and temporary settings from before which you do not want).

The Hidden Settings menu is displayed via
    MENU > Settings > System > System Information > Red > Green > Yellow > Blue > Green > Yellow > Blue
    Ignore the no entry screen that comes up when you press the coloured buttons.
    (Warning: Avoid changing the Country and Operator Settings in case you can't change them back. )
  • Options
    gjf60gjf60 Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    This morning I tried connecting the portal with the dongle plugged into the rear USB and it connected. I then tried the front USB with the same USB flash drive I tried yesterday and the Ex HDD and it read the drives. I switched back to the internal HDD and played a file and after the picture froze and rebooted a couple of times it seems OK now. Ive just upgraded to to 3.10 CF and everything seeks ok
    Thanks for your help and the info on the hidden settings which I didn't know about.