Why do The Sun & Mail enjoy sucking Cowell's love muscle?

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    There's an article in the Mail today and a clip with Simon being interviewed by his ex Terri Seymour stating 'I was born to be a dad'. (vomit smiley needed).

How selfish and unfeeling is this man!! Didn't she break up with him because she wanted children and he didn't? Now she may well have lost her chance to become a mother.

It really is quite puke inducing. You have to assume Terri was paid a large amount of money to do this.

A few years ago he was saying that he was too selfish and too old to be a father.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inspiration you don't actually believe this is a genuine relationship do you? The whole thing screams PR stunt to me.

I for one don't. As I think I said earlier in the thread, when the story first broke, I recall that the pregnancy was said to be the result of a fling and Simon and Lauren weren't a couple. Now we're being told they are. Stunt, stunt, stunt! Allegedly. :p
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Clifford trial deets now on Sky News website.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an article in the Mail today and a clip with Simon being interviewed by his ex Terri Seymour stating 'I was born to be a dad'. (vomit smiley needed).

How selfish and unfeeling is this man!! Didn't she break up with him because she wanted children and he didn't? Now she may well have lost her chance to become a mother.

It really is quite puke inducing. You have to assume Terri was paid a large amount of money to do this.

He was born rather thick, too. He found that out at 55?
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whilst I appreciate people can change their minds about these things, I can see how he's coming across as a little selfish. Good for him for embracing it, but he should give it a rest and disappear for a bit.

I love the scooter pics from yesterday btw. He's driving round smiling at the paps, whilst Lauren follows looking fed up (again)... including candle light dinner just in front of the window for the paps to see
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Whilst I appreciate people can change their minds about these things, I can see how he's coming across as a little selfish. Good for him for embracing it, but he should give it a rest and disappear for a bit.

I love the scooter pics from yesterday btw. He's driving round smiling at the paps, whilst Lauren follows looking fed up (again)... including candle light dinner just in front of the window for the paps to see

They amused me, most odd, it was almost like you could see the script she'd been given.
    Simon: Right Lauren we're going to drive around on these peds, let the papz get some pics and we will then end up in such and such restaurant having a romantic dinner, ok got it?
    Her body language looked like 'is this what you mean, am I doing it right?'

Just really odd, the whole thing seems so phoney.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    A few years ago he was saying that he was too selfish and too old to be a father.

More like a few months. He will say any old rubbish because the press are dependent on him for stories.

His sordid affair in front of her husband says a lot about the whole lot of them, didn't pubescent Sinitta say she had no idea Lauren, in words of Robert Kilroy-Silk was being shafted. If intimate close friend Sinitta didn't know what else has he hidden in the closet?

One moment he's a cad about town not to prepared to commit himself, then on tweeter it's revealed he's got someone up the duff, she's painted as a pregnant money grabbing ****, then suddenly Simon is loved and all kissy, kissy and this is the one, and within hours faithful out of the loop old trout Sinitta says Simon's changed! Now he's born again, as always wanting children....will the real Slim Shady stand up.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,809
    Forum Member
    What are all the photos really about, is there something going on that isn't being reported, why would anyone need to publicly show day after day what a great dad they are and what a loving couple he and the mother of his child make?

As far as I'm aware it's not a legal requirement, and there's no financial prize for being a father, if I didn't know better I'd think there was contractual agreement. Surely no one would dupe someone into sex by telling them they can make them famous, would anyone say to a women have my child and I'll make you wealth. Why are these extremely private loved up gooey eyed couple who's child vehemently protect from the media are hounded daily by the press?

Simon must be paranoid someone in his camp is telling the press his every move so he can be photographed.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gay boy not playboy imho
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    What are all the photos really about, is there something going on that isn't being reported, why would anyone need to publicly show day after day what a great dad they are and what a loving couple he and the mother of his child make?

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder if he simply likes the attention :blush: Has he ever had this much publicity so effortlessly before? Why chose to spend the first few weeks continuously on a public beach?

With Clifford giving that interview a few weeks ago about some of the terms of Lauren's divorce (something I don't think he should have done); going on about how it's hard for the 'happy couple' not being allowed near her other son - I wonder if they're trying to present a solid unit to try and overturn that agreement?

Although Simon was saying in the press yesterday that he hoped the baby would have a brother or sister --- seemingly forgetting that he already has a half-brother...
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another child? Now that he knows how to operate that turkey baster there's no stopping him :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New pics of them from 'date night'. She looks tired. At this point, I'm starting to wonder whether she's already regretting her decision to leave her husband for Cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

or maybe he has to give the press 'something'... anything... and boy, has been very giving with the info and photos ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon goes back to work to announce a XF judge... and she has to go with him to smile for the paps? Seems odd she has to follow him everywhere...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today Daybreak had some exclusive Cheryl/Simon interview advertised. I didn't watch it, just read about.
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing exclusive about either of them, both media **** with nothing to say of any real interest.........
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon goes back to work to announce a XF judge... and she has to go with him to smile for the paps? Seems odd she has to follow him everywhere...

His obsession with Cheryl is absolutely pathetic and always has been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His obsession with Cheryl is absolutely pathetic and always has been.

I doubt he's 'obsessed' as much as business-minded. It's a formula he knows works with the British public.

She checks many boxes - performer (both solo and as part of a group), previous judge/industry-related experience (so can relate to contestants), glamorous, tabloid darling, lads mag/WAG-esque 'fit bird' material, also appeals to young girls and also a bunch of gay male droolers who start threads about her and think she's the next Dusty Springfield (it'll never happen). She rarely says controversial things and has high-powered PR to make sure her image is tightly controlled.

Simon knows she's marketable to the British public (not so much the US) so saves the Cheryl for us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the pics of Simon with David, Louis and Sinitta... :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the comments on his latest 'PDA for the cameras' pics (which according to DM, are rare :p ) are making me chuckle :D:D Got to hand it to her, I wouldn't grip someone around the neck to pull them in for a kiss while they're having a cigarette. Yuck. :p

;-) He does look happy though... I think... :p
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tabloids seem to have had this love in with The X Factor for the last six years. Prior to that it was Big Brother, but as that faded away, they had to find another popular programme to fill their pages and The X Factor was the biggest at the time.
    To be brutally honest it's a third rate singing contest with a baying audience and the kind of programme that if it was cancelled, would be rapidly forgotten as it can never be repeated.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Some of the comments on his latest 'PDA for the cameras' pics (which according to DM, are rare :p ) are making me chuckle :D:D Got to hand it to her, I wouldn't grip someone around the neck to pull them in for a kiss while they're having a cigarette. Yuck. :p

;-) He does look happy though... I think... :p

Oh I dunno, I love a smoky breath!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm....Steve Brookstein latest from Twitter...

Steve Brookstein‏@stevebrookstein
    2005 I did an interview with News Of The World exposing X Factor. The story never ran. Was replaced with pro Cowell anti-Brookstein article.

lulu ‏@allieakalulu66·5 mins
    @stevebrookstein tell us now then

Steve Brookstein‏@stevebrookstein·2 mins
    @allieakalulu66 The power Cowell and Max Clifford has makes it all pointless. I just
    have to wait for X factor to get cancelled.

Twit ****‏@Twit_****_·12 mins
    @stevebrookstein What did you expose? What was the gist of it?

Steve Brookstein‏@stevebrookstein·9 mins
    @Twit_****_ cowell lied about why I was leaving and who instigated it. Offering me money to keep quiet. Max Clifford made it go away.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, jury sent out for laughing at Maxy's trial.

Oi you lot, into the naughty corner!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care who they are; no-one should have too much power over the press.

It makes you wonder why the ex-husband (who was very vocal initially) then went very quiet...