Email query

petequespeteques Posts: 508
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,
Does anyone know if this is possible pls? I use BTmail and inside my Inbox I've got a folder just for Work emails. When I get a work email I drag and drop into folder. Is there an automated way to do this eg to automatically place a mail from Bill Smith straight into work email folder?
Thx Pete

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What email client are you using?

This is easy with Outlook and Thunderbird and I imagine many others that I haven't used.
  • petequespeteques Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thx for that bobcar - This is going to sound very dim of me but I'm not sure - its the client that BTmail uses as default. So how do I find out?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteques wrote: »
    Thx for that bobcar - This is going to sound very dim of me but I'm not sure - its the client that BTmail uses as default. So how do I find out?

How exactly are you accessing your mail box? Do you fire up a web browser and then go to the BT Mail website and log on? If so that is not what is meant by a Client.

A Client is a separate bit of software that you run and configure to download the messages to your computer. Using the web browser method leaves the messages on the BT Mail server.

It would be fairly obvious if you were using a mail client program as you would likely have had to configure it to put in the details of your mail system and how to get it to log in and retrieve your messages. Whereas with a browser you just go to a web address and enter a username and password.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're using the (new) BT Mail web mail and not the (old) BT Yahoo webmail. Select an email message in your inbox then from the menu select "+ Actions" then Create Rule. It's pretty straightforward. You can for example get it to move mail from certain senders automatically to a certain folder etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thx for educating me chris!! Yes I'm just going to the website and logging on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    If you're using the (new) BT Mail web mail and not the (old) BT Yahoo webmail. Select an email message in your inbox then from the menu select "+ Actions" then Create Rule. It's pretty straightforward. You can for example get it to move mail from certain senders automatically to a certain folder etc.

Ths psionic - that's just what I wanted!! Pete