Why do people support Conservative?

12346»

Comments

• MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I voted Labour 79, 83, 87,93 & 97
    But not since they've become the public service sector party. They are frauds, and no longer speak or act for anyone with any form of aspiration.

I agree our local council is run by Labour ....you phone up to get anything done (there are loads of people there) and no one wants to take responsiblilty for anything (maybe because there is so many they dont have to bother or pass it to someone else).....any dealings i have had are so inefficient and a lot of the time the phone rings but no one ever answers.....I got through to a waste management team and must on different occassions spoke to 8 different people none of which sorted the problem out......and kept giving me different phone numbers (in the same department to call)......Overstaffed and dont care......says it all......I wouldnt mind but over 25percent of the council tax goes on their pensions.....
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the Conservatives are very good at exploiting the greed in people. People think that under them that they will prosper individually. It may come at the expense of the economy but the idea of looking out for oneself first and last resonates with people.

Old Labour uses to exploit those with a social conscience whilst New Labour exploited both.