Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• soapjunkiesoapjunkie Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    As David and Kylie said they were looking forward to the Christening "tomorrow", I assumed tonight was Saturday (would explain Eva not being at the factory) and last night was Friday, which would make sense as the pub sale completed that day. Might be wrong though.

And having said that, didn't Leanne say last night Nick would be out of hospital "next week" but is now out the next day?

I don't know whether I'm coming or going in Corrie days.

I also thought Eva knew there was someone else even if it wasn't Nick...
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that last time Steve bought the pub, he couldn't be the licensee because of his criminal record. That's why it was in Liz's name. But now, suddenly, he can be the licensee.

Maybe it is a 'spent conviction' ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eva: "he must have thought you've been with someone else - you haven't have you?"

I'm sure I remember Kylie telling Eva that she'd slept with someone else when she was upset about being pregnant.

Just trying to work it out. Gail and Kylie knew there was the possibility that the baby maybe Nick's.

Nick knew that the baby could be his.

David knew that Gail and Kylie knew that the baby might not be his.

Nick knows that David knows that the baby may have been his.

Each grouping does not know about another grouping.

I am reminded of a 70s song by the Kursaal Flyers !
  • FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I'm convinced Eva knew as well.
  • 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who's convinced Eva knew... I'm even sure she told her on the bench outside the salon!

Very sure it was around the same time she went on the drink binge and ended up in hospital?
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    'Oaks wrote:
    Another one who's convinced Eva knew... I'm even sure she told her on the bench outside the salon!

Very sure it was around the same time she went on the drink binge and ended up in hospital?

Thats what I thought too...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that the Corrie writers have seen the 'One Where Everyone Finds Out' episode of Friends.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FriedGold wrote: »

And me. Not sure Kylie said who though.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just trying to work it out. Gail and Kylie knew there was the possibility that the baby maybe Nick's.

Nick & Kylie knew.
    David & Tina knew.
    Leanne knows nowt!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    Funny how Kylies suddenly has Eva as a bezzie mate again when the story calls for her to have to interact with someone. IIRC they have not really spoken since the last time Kylie had to confide a secret. (cant remember what it was now).
    FriedGold wrote: »
    'Oaks wrote:

Thats what I thought too...
    I thought the exact same, but I must have confused it with Eva telling Kylie about her plans to sabotage Leanne and take Nick. That was a year ago.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally ridiculous that Liz would be able to come up with half the money for the pub at such short notice, and not only that, but that she would enter into the agreement without talking it through with both Steve and Michelle first!

There was one very good realistic scene in tonight's episode though, featuring my least favourite character, Tracy Barlow! When she made reference to Tina about which shade of orange she decides to paint herself! :D Long overdue observation by a street resident.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Totally ridiculous that Liz would be able to come up with half the money for the pub at such short notice, and not only that, but that she would enter into the agreement without talking it through with both Steve and Michelle first!
    Like Gloria's cash injection, I was wondering where Liz ran into that sort of money. Apparently she sold her share in a spa. :rolleyes:
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    ?....

There was one very good realistic scene in tonight's episode though, featuring my least favourite character, Tracy Barlow! When she made reference to Tina about which shade of orange she decides to paint herself! :D Long overdue observation by a street resident.

This was my Scene of the Year. It shows the scriptwriters have a sense of irony. I very, very rarely laugh at anything in CS but I laughed my head off at Tracey saying that to Tina. I thought she delivered it really well too. Like you, I don't usually like the Tracey character much but I must have re-played this at least 5 times.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    This was my Scene of the Year. It shows the scriptwriters have a sense of irony. I very, very rarely laugh at anything in CS but I laughed my head off at Tracey saying that to Tina. I thought she delivered it really well too. Like you, I don't usually like the Tracey character much but I must have re-played this at least 5 times.

Tracey is probably my least favourite character but it really was very funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    OK Liz. Tell me where you've put it. It must be somewhere. I'm not stupid - I know it won't fit in a DVD case so don't give me that nonsense. Just spit the truth out. You can't keep it a secret. Alright . I give up. For goodness sake just tell me where your flaming luggage is!
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I suspect that the Corrie writers have seen the 'One Where Everyone Finds Out' episode of Friends.

But they don't know we know they know :D
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Just been looking through the archives.

Kylie's sitting on the bench in tears. Eva joins her and Kylie tells her she's pregnant. Eva thinks it's great.

Kylie goes to the pub for a vodka. Eva refuses to serve her with it and realises she's going to have an abortion. Kylie says it isn't the right time, but Eva can't understand why. Kylie doesn't tell her the real reason, but just runs out of the pub.

David finds the positive pregnancy test. Eva tells him Kylie's gone for an abortion. He stops her.

Kylie confronts Eva on why she told David she was going for an abortion. Eva says it's to save Kylie's marriage.

So Kylie didn't tell Eva about Nick, even though we all thought she did.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member

I was thinking this last night. "They don't know that we know that they know!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    I was thinking this last night. "They don't know that we know that they know!"

Everybody knows, but they don't know everybody else knows!!!!
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C Horse wrote: »
    There will be rising back from the dead soon!!

Everything has just been an Ena Sharples dream!!!
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Just been looking through the archives.

Kylie's sitting on the bench in tears. Eva joins her and Kylie tells her she's pregnant. Eva thinks it's great.

Kylie goes to the pub for a vodka. Eva refuses to serve her with it and realises she's going to have an abortion. Kylie says it isn't the right time, but Eva can't understand why. Kylie doesn't tell her the real reason, but just runs out of the pub.

David finds the positive pregnancy test. Eva tells him Kylie's gone for an abortion. He stops her.

Kylie confronts Eva on why she told David she was going for an abortion. Eva says it's to save Kylie's marriage.

So Kylie didn't tell Eva about Nick, even though we all thought she did.

I suppose she couldn't knowing that Leanne is her half sister. But IMO she should have at the time.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed the bit where it was OK for Stella, Gloria and Eva to move into Kevin's house - the one they borrowed when the pub burned down - what if he came back tomorrow, where would they live?

I never even noticed that they'd moved out of the Rovers, did I blink and miss the Pickfords van? And the only evidence of Steve and Michelle moving into the Rovers (which I swear used to have an upstairs lounge and kitchenette) was Michelle's pointless father carrying a tiny box into the bar (like you do). Does this mean the end of scenes in Michelle's Crappy Flat?

Also - the day was supposed to be Friday was it not? Yet Eva and Fizz weren't working and Sean was working in the Rovers? Or was it a Saturday (despite it being only 24 hours since Hayley's Thursday cancer support meeting)? It can't have been a Sunday because the salon was open.

How could Steve have put Michelle's name over the door of the Rovers - surely you can't apply for an alcohol licence on behalf of someone - they'd surely need to sign the application form?

Also, not an SOR (well, apart from the fact she'd sold her luggage and arrived a week early randomly), Liz is back. Woo. (*sob*)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    With regards to the days i thought sundays episode was set on a friday, mondays episode set on saturday, and wednesdays will be a sunday (isnt that when christenings traditionally are?).
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must have missed the bit where it was OK for Stella, Gloria and Eva to move into Kevin's house - the one they borrowed when the pub burned down - what if he came back tomorrow, where would they live?

I never even noticed that they'd moved out of the Rovers, did I blink and miss the Pickfords van? And the only evidence of Steve and Michelle moving into the Rovers (which I swear used to have an upstairs lounge and kitchenette) was Michelle's pointless father carrying a tiny box into the bar (like you do). Does this mean the end of scenes in Michelle's Crappy Flat?

Also - the day was supposed to be Friday was it not? Yet Eva and Fizz weren't working and Sean was working in the Rovers? Or was it a Saturday (despite it being only 24 hours since Hayley's Thursday cancer support meeting)? It can't have been a Sunday because the salon was open.

How could Steve have put Michelle's name over the door of the Rovers - surely you can't apply for an alcohol licence on behalf of someone - they'd surely need to sign the application form?

Also, not an SOR (well, apart from the fact she'd sold her luggage and arrived a week early randomly), Liz is back. Woo. (*sob*)

Especially the wall paper:eek:
  • MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

""Little does she know that I know that she knows that I know she's two timing me. Little does she know that I know that she knows that I know she's cheating on me""

Song always confused me lol ;)
This discussion has been closed.