Trade Slim for a Super Slim?

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Really tempted to do this given that there's no disc eject mechanism meaning a possibility that it will last longer??

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Really tempted to do this given that there's no disc eject mechanism meaning a possibility that it will last longer??

What's everyone else's thoughts?

I don't really see the point TBH, even my original 60GB PS3 is still going strong (touch wood).
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I don't really see the point TBH, even my original 60GB PS3 is still going strong (touch wood).

It was mainly -

1) So that as little one gets older, he won't try putting a rusk in the disc slot.

2) Smaller and easier to hide near a PS4.

3) Newer tech.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was mainly -

1) So that as little one gets older, he won't try putting a rusk in the disc slot.

2) Smaller and easier to hide near a PS4.

3) Newer tech.

1) He could just as easily damage the laser in the open tray or break the opening mechanism.

2) It isn't noticeably smaller, it's about the same size width wise but now you need to give it more clearance at the top fr disc removal

3) The tech for the most part is the same as the old slim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    1) He could just as easily damage the laser in the open tray or break the opening mechanism.

2) It isn't noticeably smaller, it's about the same size width wise but now you need to give it more clearance at the top fr disc removal

3) The tech for the most part is the same as the old slim.

Good points yeah. I just want the latest model of stuff lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lol if that's the case then by all means go for it :D

I would have liked Sony to do a PS4 style redesign to the PS3 like MS did with the 360.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I changed to a 12gb super slim and installed a spare HDD.

To be fair they are ok - I got a stand for it so its upright on my shelf where the kids can't get at it.

My old slim was having the same errors you described in other threads where it was freezing, not install games properly etc.

So far this ones been fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    I changed to a 12gb super slim and installed a spare HDD.

To be fair they are ok - I got a stand for it so its upright on my shelf where the kids can't get at it.

My old slim was having the same errors you described in other threads where it was freezing, not install games properly etc.

So far this ones been fine.

To be fair, I've had no issues since so probably just fluke. Not sure I'll bother. Just downloaded and installed around 500GB onto my new drive so don't really want to have to re-download all that!
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I've had no issues since so probably just fluke. Not sure I'll bother. Just downloaded and installed around 500GB onto my new drive so don't really want to have to re-download all that!

Fair Enough :)
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My original 60GB died about a month ago, and I put the hard-drive into a Super Slim. It's really nice, so much smaller than the original machine, and the slide and release top gives me the comfort that my discs won't get stuck and there's one less thing to go wrong. Also, it runs silently no matter what you throw at it, which can only be a good thing.

:) Mark