Options

Iphone problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
Forum Member
I am having problems with my iphone4

I am receiving calls but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me as the phone thinks I have my headphones connected even though I don't!

Has anyone had this issue before? If so how did you correct it?

Anyones help is greatly appreciated as I have urgent calls coming in and don't have my headphones on me to use until I get it sorted out.

Thanks

S

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Put your sim in another phone and take the iphone in for repair.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd try to connect the headphones and disconnect them. Perhaps it's just stuck in some funny state.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Sounds like the little switch inside the connector has jammed or has a dry joint.

You could try inserting the headphones and wiggle it about a bit then remove them it's a long shot though sounds like a repair job to me.

AdamS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the ideas I am using it on speaker at the moment which is working at the moment when I get home I will try connecting and disconnecting the headphones but as I have only had it about 6 weeks I will def be calling my provider and requesting it be looked at.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smcwales wrote: »
    I am having problems with my iphone4

I am receiving calls but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me as the phone thinks I have my headphones connected even though I don't!

Has anyone had this issue before? If so how did you correct it?

Anyones help is greatly appreciated as I have urgent calls coming in and don't have my headphones on me to use until I get it sorted out.

Thanks

S

Book an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store (can do it online with link below), they'll take a look at the phone and will sort you out. They could even give you a new one on the day.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried resetting the phone?

If it does turn out to be a faulty phone - The Apple store will replace it on the spot in my experience.