Sad, but not surprised to see Christopher go

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
Forum Member
So, the inevitable has happened. You could argue Jamie should have gone, but his performance before the past couple of weeks has been generally good, so he deserved another chance.

Christopher, who has been good as a team player and back-room worker, was not a good PM in Week 6. And I've never believed that he could, would, or should win. Sadly it seems as I expected, he was destined to go out in week 8-10.

That doesn't mean I think he's a bad candidate though. He gets on with people, is easy to work with, well organised and works hard, but ultimately he wasn't what AS was looking for. I feared that AS would see him like Simon from S4, and that seems to have been the case.

Still, he's proved what he's good and not good at, and he came across as a nice, genuine guy on the show and on YF, so he won't come out badly from this. I think people will forget the fraud story after a while. But don't believe Kelvin Mackenzie's BS about him being a potential CEO! :D

Fell free to agree or disagree!

Comments

• jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite surprised at LAS decision but after thinking about it I agree that he should have gone.

He is a man who does as he's told (very well) but when it comes to making things happen (well) not so good.

Nice guy though.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was the male version of Sandeesh.

A fairly straightforward guy that will get his head down and work hard. But not dynamic or inspiring enough to be considered Apprentice material.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not yet reconciled myself to this choice. The claim that Christopher is not entrepreneurial doesn't seem justified and he certainly deserved another chance. Jamie was responsible for the failure, and it was Chris's 3 boardroom and 6th loss, and I don't see why either of them is still here.

Christopher actually did OK as PM. If you listened to the reasons why he won, it's because he kept his eye on the ball in terms of getting the product message across with his advert. OK, the theme and tone were a mistake, but it's hard to judge how those will work out. As he says, his advert was memorable.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Jamie was responsible for the failure, and it was Chris's 3 boardroom and 6th loss, and I don't see why either of them is still here.

Lord Sugar obviously likes him and I actually think that Chris is the only candidate that is safe for a spot at the interviews (yeah, even more then the ladies).
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Christopher was bland and ineffective. I thought he acted immature at times and he was a total perv when he was doing the advert. No great loss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    didn't like him right since week 2 and the 'aw go on take one for the team' comment when he was trying to get stella into a bikini
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lord Sugar obviously likes him
    I suspect he was helped by being PM. Lord Sugar had just fired 3 PMs in a row, and 5 out of 7 this series, and 6 out of 8 might have been felt too much. (Especially as I believe he usually avoids firing PMs if he can.)

That Chris has survived 3 boardrooms doesn't mean he is safe. Adam Hosker was fired on his 4th, for example, in s2.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've been in the forces don't go onto The Apprentice.

Every year Alan Sugar fires the army type for the exact same reasons.
    I'm surprised that more people haven't noticed this annual cliche.
    It plays itself out the same way every single year.

Hard worker, efficient, well organised, disciplined...YOU'RE FIRED.
    Every year.

Also forget about it if you've studied to be either a doctor or a lawyer too.
    These two archetypes also make an appearance every year just to get fired as well.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every year.

These two archetypes also make an appearance every year just to get fired as well.

Agreed. Sugar did the same thing to Simon Series 4 who I thought had some great qualities but his military background counted against him.

Same applies to candidates with a scientific background.

I don't know why these types bother applying or get accepted onto the show. They never make it.
  • Kim PKim P Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd be a supportive and reliable "right hand man" but his acquiescing to Jamie so easily was a mistake. It's one thing to be popular but it shouldn't affect beng able to make the right business decision. Christopher should have known that the earlier appointment was preferrable and stood his ground.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    He was the male version of Sandeesh.

A fairly straightforward guy that will get his head down and work hard. But not dynamic or inspiring enough to be considered Apprentice material.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head! A shame but he had to go.
  • shrekshrek Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew he wouldnt last much longer but I do think Jamie should have gone, he is so full of bull

I was looking forward to seeing back of Stewart and that winging woman Laura still there is always next week
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time the slimey creep was fired!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was he the one who was investigated for doing something illegal?

I thought that Jamie should have gone last night.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand why Lord Sugar fired Christopher, but i still think Jamie should have gone. He would have been in the firing line last week had Sandeesh brought him back in, and he was responsible for the major fault this week in rearranging the hotel appointment.

Sugar got it wrong in my view.

If the other team had lost, 2faced laura should have gone, throwing a hissy fit cos the team leader has changed her miind on who was doing which pitch? Grow Up! And then, when that team won, she was the first to hug Stella in crongratulations.
    The woman is a 2 faced pain in the arse and the sooner she goes, the better!
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I think he was the wrong one to be fired!

Jamie should have gone as he was the one who cost them the win by changing their 9 am appointment for no good reason that we saw. Had they got in first with the hotel the team may well have won as that order was about the difference between the two teams.....
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jamie was very lucky... he wasnt made to explain why he changed the 9pm slot to 1pm. However, I am happy he is staying because he is the only reason I am watching :D
  • flugellaflugella Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every year.

I said exactly the same thing to hubby last night while watching it - he seems to feel threatened by those with a higher-powered (to his mind) education and every ex-Forces type (except awful Paul in S3 who was shocking!) who has been capable and a hard worker has gone the first time they got a sniff of the bottom 3.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he did less work than sandeesh,had to go
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I was quite surprised at LAS decision but after thinking about it I agree that he should have gone.

He is a man who does as he's told (very well) but when it comes to making things happen (w]ell) not so good.

Nice guy though.

Nice? Hmm...
    Still, he's proved what he's good and not good at, and he came across as a nice, genuine guy on the show and on YF, so he won't come out badly from this.

Nice, genuine? Hmm...

A) Being charged with fraud - currently on bail.

B)"Convicted in September 2009 for having a baton and a knuckleduster in his car" (I didn't know that was a crime - this country seems to be getting more like a police state!)

C) Being an 'alleged' wife abuser:

"The weapons were found in his Mercedes car after police were called to his home following an allegation that he had hit his wife with the knuckleduster.He was given a two year conditional discharge and warned him he would be jailed if he repeated the offence. His wife did not press charges."

But apart from that, a nice guy! :p

I guess some clichés ring true: "Never judge a book by its cover."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Nice? Hmm...

Nice, genuine? Hmm...

A) Being charged with fraud - currently on bail.

B)"Convicted in September 2009 for having a baton and a knuckleduster in his car" (I didn't know that was a crime - this country seems to be getting more like a police state!)

C) Being an 'alleged' wife abuser:

"The weapons were found in his Mercedes car after police were called to his home following an allegation that he had hit his wife with the knuckleduster.He was given a two year conditional discharge and warned him he would be jailed if he repeated the offence. His wife did not press charges."

But apart from that, a nice guy! :p

I guess some clichés ring true: "Never judge a book by its cover."

Especially the cover of the Daily Mail. Or the Sun for that matter. That's way I take the fraud story with a pich of salt. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Agreed. Sugar did the same thing to Simon Series 4 who I thought had some great qualities but his military background counted against him.
    But Simon did mess up pretty badly. He made the classic mistake of taking on two roles: PM and photographer. He couldn't cope and lost control of the task. Online afterwards he seemed to agree with his own firing.