Wow! :o
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Fearless and she plays intelligently.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    telly fan wrote: »
    Well done Isabelle through to the third round :)

Good stuff. We need more depth in our women's game.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, a little wobble
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tightening up from Garbine allows Maria to get the break.

Bouchard fighting back in the first, 5-4, 15-40.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Maria to win, but i'm so impressed with Mugaruza, a future top player perhaps. She's doing everything right, just a few bad errors in that last game. I don't think Maria is playing too badly, her serve is a liability at times but she is getting bossed by Garbine.
    Forum Member
    If she drops this second set it's easy money on Maria to win...
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Sam Smith? would stop asking Marion Bartolli questions, as once she gets going, she never shuts up.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Maria's projecting, she thinks Garbine is Serena!
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Come On Genie, Come On Garbine !!!!
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »

LOL :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genie takes the first set, 7-6 :)
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on Maria! Take this break please.

Or not.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »

More like she is looking at herself in a mirror :D, She beats herself more then anyone does:D
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarn wrote: »
    Come On Genie, Come On Garbine !!!!

This, time for new blood to win slams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive from Gabine but I expect Shazza tottake it now. Hope Muggy can hang on in there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSN-Bouchard level. Poor set from Genie really.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Nice of the lovely Eva to help fire up Masha! :D
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sharapova gets a time violation for going slightly over but some of the men, Nadal in particular, constantly go WAY over and don't get a warning at all >:( I wish the Umpires weren't scared of some of the top players when they complain about getting warnings. Rules are rules.

Have no idea which way this is going to go now, have a feeling Maria might just take it
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bartoli won`t get away with jabbering over the points working for the Beeb. I thought Courier talked a lot but sheesh!!!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sharapova gets a time violation for going slightly over but some of the men, Nadal in particular, constantly go WAY over and don't get a warning at all >:( I wish the Umpires weren't scared of some of the top players when they complain about getting warnings. Rules are rules.

Nadal has had warnings this fortnight. None of them (men or women) ever get second point penalties so it`s academic anyway.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have no idea which way this is going to go now, have a feeling Maria might just take it

I love the way you manage to make almost every single one of your posts a criticism of Nadal :D

You're right though. Nadal is just ridiculous. Her does get warnings, but often deep in the match when it's largely irrelevant anyway.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not looking good for Genie now :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I want Maria to win, but i'm so impressed with Mugaruza, a future top player perhaps. She's doing everything right, just a few bad errors in that last game. I don't think Maria is playing too badly, her serve is a liability at times but she is getting bossed by Garbine.

I like her too. When Shara played harder against Stouser, Stouser went to pieces but this girl has the making of a champion.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way you manage to make almost every single one of your posts a criticism of Nadal :D

You're right though. Nadal is just ridiculous. Her does get warnings, but often deep in the match when it's largely irrelevant anyway.

:D

The stats show he is clearly the worst in that department but it certainly isn't just him. Del Potro takes a lot of time and Novak has had his moments. Players need to stop complaining about getting time violations and they need to start enforcing more than one warning a game.

Looks like Maria will get through this now. Plenty of time left though.
This discussion has been closed.