Options

KH's Twitter

Comments

• Options
    Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Speaking of the LGBT Awards remember earlier in the Thread I joked that we should set Peter Tatchell on her since he's more likely to speak out and go after her? He actually did just that at the LGBT Awards! :D

So far only a photo exists of the confrontation as well as his Tweets and the all other attendees who witnessed it Tweets talking about it. As far as I know no video footage of it exists, wish there was would've loved to have seen it.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red-Eye wrote: »
    Speaking of the LGBT Awards remember earlier in the Thread I joked that we should set Peter Tatchell on her since he's more likely to speak out and go after her? He actually did just that at the LGBT Awards! :D

So far only a photo exists of the confrontation as well as his Tweets and the all other attendees who witnessed it Tweets talking about it. As far as I know no video footage of it exists, wish there was would've loved to have seen it.

There is more

Off to watch BGT Red
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does appear to shove her neb in where it's neither invited nor wanted ...

https://twitter.com/realmattlucas/status/591751290746634240
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »

Yup, also read quite a few who attended confronted her as well and also a lot of the attendees aren't very happy about her coming along either judging from reading their disgusts on Twitter. Who on earth brought her along as a +1 I have no idea since she wasn't actually invited at all.

She also had the bloody nerve to call those who weren't happy with her attendance "intolerant"!

Yeah because that's who I'd like a lesson in tolerance from, a vile, hate-filled, horse manure b**** who takes great pleasure in whipping up racial hatred and advocates gleeful genocidal rhetoric.
    Off to watch BGT Red

Did you see that Magician? He was simply amazing, I so want him to win this year! :D

(Not to mention he's a little handsome too. ;-) :D Wow I'm a female perv, I'll get my coat! :blush:)

Edit:

Here was her "lovely" thoughts about the Russian Winter Olympics:

https://twitter.com/Danny_Giveafook/status/432328172810403840/photo/1

Not exactly as LGBT friendly as she's making herself out to be is she? Gay Icon? Pah! Don't insult my intelligence!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

One of the replies there is from a young person who is training to be a dementia nurse, shine you bloody wonder Anne!!!
    Yup, also read quite a few who attended confronted her as well and also a lot of the attendees aren't very happy about her coming along either judging from reading their disgusts on Twitter. Who on earth brought her along as a +1 I have no idea since she wasn't actually invited at all.

She also had the bloody nerve to call those who weren't happy with her attendance "intolerant"!

Yeah because that's who I'd like a lesson in tolerance from, a vile, hate-filled, horse manure b**** who takes great pleasure in whipping up racial hatred and advocates gleeful genocidal rhetoric.

Did you see that Magician? He was simply amazing, I so want him to win this year! :D

(Not to mention he's a little handsome too. ;-) :D Wow I'm a female perv, I'll get my coat! :blush:)

Edit:

Here was her "lovely" thoughts about the Russian Winter Olympics:

https://twitter.com/Danny_Giveafook/status/432328172810403840/photo/1

Not exactly as LGBT friendly as she's making herself out to be is she? Gay Icon? Pah! Don't insult my intelligence!

I missed the magician, my mind must have wandered but that dog :o:D hmmm now clear that mucky mind woman :p

Yes, it's been quite interesting seeing the reactions of so many, she now seems to be reacting against some of the gay community and calling them hypocrites in a round about way. That is if my slant on it is correct

DS spoke to her last night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I missed the magician, my mind must have wandered but that dog :o:D hmmm now clear that mucky mind woman :p

Sorry! Won't happen again maam. :blush:

(Until someone else good looking comes along. ;-):D:p)
    Yes, it's been quite interesting seeing the reactions of so many, she now seems to be reacting against some of the gay community and calling them hypocrites in a round about way. That is if my slant on it is correct

Yes, how dare the Gay Community (who themselves know exactly what it's like to be discriminated against) not lick her boots and make her their "Iconic" Queen to bow down and worship her every word without question(!)

Oh stop with the "Freedom Of Speech"! What you did had absolutely NOTHING to do with "Freedom Of Speech" you vile thing! (Not you obviously Mrs Teapot. :blush:)

Notice how its always the bigoted tw@%s like her who just love to play the "Fweedumb Of Speech" card but won't provide the same courtesy to their critics who take issue with what they say?

Replace Migrants with British Military and her name with Anjem Choudary and watch her and her fans be the first to throw their arms up in the air of "offence" with the "Fweedumb Of Speech" card conveniently no where to be seen!

(For the record no, I don't like Anjem Choudary either. He's as big a scumbag as Hopkins is. Both are extreme maniacs who love to abuse "Freedom Of Speech" for their own hateful agendas.)
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    I bet Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad bin Zeid al-Hussein must have a lot problems filling in forms :blush:

They never give you enough room :mad:

DS should really refer to him as Prince Zeid or just Zeid or Zeid bin Ra'ad....or just Z...perhaps not Z...instead of "Al Hussein" :D
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Hopkins rebuts claims she gatecrashed LGBT awards

Sarah Garrett, owner of Square Peg Media, wrote on Facebook that Hopkins “was a plus one. no one mentioned to us that she was coming, not from reading the Sun or directly or it would have been dealt with.

“She was not invited by us. And asked to leave. I was furious and am gutted. I’m mostly furious that this woman is getting more attention than all the deserved winners, some of who have dedicated their lives to helping others. I believe she came to stir up attention and publicity and that is what people have helped fuel. Sad times! I’d rather not mention her name again as I don’t want to give her any more undeserved publicity.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/04/26/katie-hopkins-rebuts-claims-she-gatecrashed-lgbt-awards/
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy wrote: »
    UN getting involved.

Zeid noted that the Sun article was simply one of the more extreme examples of thousands of anti-foreigner articles that have appeared in UK tabloids over the past two decades. “To give just one glimpse of the scale of the problem, back in 2003 the Daily Express ran 22 negative front pages stories about asylum seekers and refugees in a single 31-day period. Asylum seekers and migrants have, day after day, for years on end, been linked to rape, murder, diseases such as HIV and TB, theft, and almost every conceivable crime and misdemeanour imaginable in front-page articles and two-page spreads, in cartoons, editorials, even on the sports pages of almost all the UK’s national tabloid newspapers,” he said. “Many of these stories have been grossly distorted and some have been outright fabrications. ...”

Did the UN get involved in any of those other cases?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replace Migrants with British Military and her name with Anjem Choudary ...

(For the record no, I don't like Anjem Choudary either. He's as big a scumbag as Hopkins is. Both are extreme maniacs who love to abuse "Freedom Of Speech" for their own hateful agendas.)

Do you think that neither Hopkins nor Choudary should be allowed to say what they do, or that both should be allowed (on free speech grounds)? Or do you think one of of them should be allowed and the other not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miliband has been pretty courageous in standing up to Murdoch, which is why Murdoch stepped in and ordered the Sun to step up its attacks on Miliband. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/rupert-murdoch-berated-sun-journalists-for-not-doing-enough-to-attack-ed-miliband-10191005.html

But the last thing in the world Miliband needs now is to be portrayed as in a media spat with Hopkins. It would give her a monstrously inflated validity and she would be swanking about the attention for the next year.

Also, after Milliband said something the other day that was interpreted as giving Cameron blame for the Mediterranean migrant crisis, even The Independent said it was a mistake.

Speaking of The Independent, it's interesting that so many people are saying Katie talked of using "gunboats". The Independent had said that too, and then issued a curious correction on Saturday.

Meanwhile, EU leaders to consider military intervention against Libyan migrant traffickers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »

Sarah Garrett, owner of Square Peg Media, wrote on Facebook that Hopkins “was a plus one. no one mentioned to us that she was coming, not from reading the Sun or directly or it would have been dealt with.

“She was not invited by us. And asked to leave. I was furious and am gutted. I’m mostly furious that this woman is getting more attention than all the deserved winners, some of who have dedicated their lives to helping others. I believe she came to stir up attention and publicity and that is what people have helped fuel. Sad times! I’d rather not mention her name again as I don’t want to give her any more undeserved publicity.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/04/26/katie-hopkins-rebuts-claims-she-gatecrashed-lgbt-awards/

That same article says KH was invited by the company which handled PR for the event and says "The invite was sent on 13 April, and was not cancelled."
  • Options
    erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    That same article says KH was invited by the company which handled PR for the event and says "The invite was sent on 13 April, and was not cancelled."

Katie tells us she was invited by the LGBT ,the organisers say she was not invited by them and they were unaware she would be there on the night . All very confusing , but Hopkins once again got the publicity :(,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie tells us she was invited by the LGBT ,the organisers say she was not invited by them and they were unaware she would be there on the night . All very confusing , but Hopkins once again got the publicity :(,

It is confusing, but so far as I can tell from that article, Katie's claim is that she was invited by the PR company (rather than by the organisers), and the article even says she "provided a copy of her invitation sent by PRD Associates".

Perhaps the organisers will try a different PR company next time (assuming they're not secretly glad at the extra publicity for their event).
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Back of the net for her. I must say I'd never heard of this event before, so she's widened the publicity a tad. Not that it covers anyone in glory. Someone's messed up as she was clearly persona non grata. Only she would have the ego centred brass neck, not to leave when asked. Has this been mentioned on Twitter or was she the chosen hero of the night, in her lying/deluded head?

She won't get the chance again! Pity, when she though she could sweep past everyone to be another hypocritical self appointed rep for the LBGT "community". Another door firmly closes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Do you think that neither Hopkins nor Choudary should be allowed to say what they do, or that both should be allowed (on free speech grounds)? Or do you think one of of them should be allowed and the other not?

Didn't I make that clear?

I don't think either should spout hate speech period!

It is NOT a freedom of speech issue and I am sick and tired of bigots playing that card and mis-using it like that just so they can have the perfect excuse to be complete arseholes towards other people who did them no harm in life without question, especially when there are REAL freedom of speech issues happening around the world at this minute where people are getting locked up or killed for speaking out and protesting against their governments but get ignored.

Of course I believe you knew exactly what I meant but you're being deliberately obtuse about it just so you can prove what a big ol' Hopkins hater I am and how absolutely rational you are about Hopkins. (Not very non-biased of you is it? ;-) Wouldn't be surprised if you later came back with "you completely mis-understood me" like you always do. :D)

Edit:

In fact here are some of the real issues about freedom speech in this very article:

http://mic.com/articles/108166/one-student-s-epic-tweets-call-out-the-biggest-hypocrites-marching-for-free-speech-in-paris

Has either Hopkins or Choudary been locked up or killed for their hate speeches? No. All that's happened is their critics has used their OWN freedom of speeches to call them out on their bullshit hate rhetoric! But of course they don't like that at all so since they can't make up their own stupid arguments, so they then (as well as other people like them) proceed to play the "victims" and make their critics out to be the unreasonable "bad guys" instead.)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ouch! Harsh! But needed to be said.

I know it's not much but after all the hateful, soul crushing, depressing debacle of Hopkins and her supporters, here's a moving story which will restore your faith in humanity :):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/migrant-crisis-greek-soldier-saved-20-people-singlehandedly-off-rhodes-beach-10205175.html
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know it's not much but after all the hateful, soul crushing, depressing debacle of Hopkins and her supporters, here's a moving story which will restore your faith in humanity :):

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/migrant-crisis-greek-soldier-saved-20-people-singlehandedly-off-rhodes-beach-10205175.html

Lovely story, and how people should treat one another. As Mr Gervais would say "kindness is magic" :)
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member

Thanks Erin :)

So Hopkins was personally invited by (Alex Croft of) PRD Associates to the GLBT Awards:

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alex-croft/55/845/898

PRD Associates led the PR campaign for the @BritLGBTAwards:

https://twitter.com/PRDAssociates/status/591601122026094592

The event was sponsored by RBS, the bank we own 81% of.

Hopkins had a VIP dinner and they (we) paid for her transport to and from the ceremony (which started at 7mp).

There was tweet from Adam Lea @adamlea2 at 5.18pm to both @PRDAssociates and @BritLGBAwards objecting to Katie Hopkins being invited to the event:

Adam Lea ‏@adamlea2

@PRDAssociates @BritLGBTAwards except you invited that witch @KTHopkins ? Whoever sent her invite out needs sacking. #racist #vile #troll

5:18 pm - 24 Apr 2015

https://twitter.com/adamlea2/status/591758254587379712
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry! Won't happen again maam. :blush:

(Until someone else good looking comes along. ;-):p)

Yes, how dare the Gay Community (who themselves know exactly what it's like to be discriminated against) not lick her boots and make her their "Iconic" Queen to bow down and worship her every word without question(!)

Oh stop with the "Freedom Of Speech"! What you did had absolutely NOTHING to do with "Freedom Of Speech" you vile thing! (Not you obviously Mrs Teapot.:)

Notice how its always the bigoted tw@%s like her who just love to play the "Fweedumb Of Speech" card but won't provide the same courtesy to their critics who take issue with what they say?

Replace Migrants with British Military and her name with Anjem Choudary and watch her and her fans be the first to throw their arms up in the air of "offence" with the "Fweedumb Of Speech" card conveniently no where to be seen!

Had to read your reply very slowly then :o

I suppose you will be watching Poldark *swoons* :D

She imposed herself on the gay community, that does not give her a right to think they should just accept and turn a blind eye to her views...her vile views. Like yourself I'm sick to death of this 'Freedom of Speech' normally people have a set agenda that they fight. Oh no, not her she just works her way down the alphabet of anything that will offend anybody!! Of course she shoots down those who want their right to freedom of speech when they defend her 'victims of vile'

Soooooooo, we were misled yesterday regarding her ambushing, sorry I mean gate crashing the LGBT Awards when really she'd somehow got an invite, been asked to leave but refused. How very humiliating to be in the company of so many and know that you're being cold shouldered and not wanted there. Sounds a bit like her with Perez when you think but he endured all that time of it!
    Avidian wrote: »
    I bet Prince Zeid bin Ra'ad bin Zeid al-Hussein must have a lot problems filling in forms :blush:

They never give you enough room :mad:

DS should really refer to him as Prince Zeid or just Zeid or Zeid bin Ra'ad....or just Z...perhaps not Z...instead of "Al Hussein" :D

So many combinations. :o

I have the same problem when I sign on those little delivery electronic things, how on earth can you fit extensive names on them and of course forms.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avidian wrote: »
    Thanks Erin :)

So Hopkins was personally invited by (Alex Croft of) PRD Associates to the GLBT Awards:

https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/alex-croft/55/845/898

PRD Associates led the PR campaign for the @BritLGBTAwards:

https://twitter.com/PRDAssociates/status/591601122026094592

The event was sponsored by RBS, the bank we own 81% of.

Hopkins had a VIP dinner and they (we) paid for her transport to and from the ceremony (which started at 7mp).

There was tweet from Adam Lea @adamlea2 at 5.18pm to both @PRDAssociates and @BritLGBAwards objecting to Katie Hopkins being invited to the event:

Adam Lea ‏@adamlea2

@PRDAssociates @BritLGBTAwards except you invited that witch @KTHopkins ? Whoever sent her invite out needs sacking. #racist #vile #troll

5:18 pm - 24 Apr 2015

https://twitter.com/adamlea2/status/591758254587379712

Good information

I'll tell you something, my glass is half full Avidian :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I had a peek at that earlier Anne, I get the impression people have had enough of her! I might be wrong :D

That is lovely, humanity is all around us let us not smother it or let others smother it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had to read your reply very slowly then :o

Yeah, I can see why you might've taken that the wrong way at first. :blush: Sorry about that.
    I suppose you will be watching Poldark *swoons* :D

Oh yum! :D (Please stop me someone! :blush:)
    She imposed herself on the gay community, that does not give her a right to think they should just accept and turn a blind eye to her views...her vile views. Like yourself I'm sick to death of this 'Freedom of Speech' normally people have a set agenda that they fight. Oh no, not her she just works her way down the alphabet of anything that will offend anybody!! Of course she shoots down those who want their right to freedom of speech when they defend her 'victims of vile'

Totally agree. The gall of her self-entitlement towards the LGBT community alone is making me want to bang my head against the wall! But I've had to restrian myself since I don't want to lose any braincells. ;-) But seriously the LGBT community owe her nothing!
    Soooooooo, we were misled yesterday regarding her ambushing, sorry I mean gate crashing the LGBT Awards when really she'd somehow got an invite, been asked to leave but refused. How very humiliating to be in the company of so many and know that you're being cold shouldered and not wanted there. Sounds a bit like her with Perez when you think but he endured all that time of it!

Oh deary me, Karma the Biatch strikes again! ;-) :D

(Seriously don't mess with Karma, you never know when it's going to come back to bite you! :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't I make that clear?

I don't think either should spout hate speech period!

That's not what I asked, so, no, you did not make it clear. I didn't ask whether you think they should say the objectionable things they do. I asked about whether you think they both should be allowed to say those things, or whether neither should be (or whether one should be and the other not).

Freedom of speech is normally held to include the freedom to say objectionable things, with very few limits (such as shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre). But different people (and different countries) don't always agree about what the limits should be, so I wondered on which side of the line you thought Hopkins and Choudary were.