Beyonce scrapped whole afrobeat album

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting for me Beyoncé was a great album not as wholly inventive as some believe but her most solid and interesting work to date. She is improving with each record and hopefully we get something as exciting as this scrapped project.
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm slight surprised Beyonce would do a whole album dedicated to Afrobeat and I'm disapponted it will never be heard. I would like to hear Beyonce do a reggae album.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Interesting. This could be Beyonce's Original Doll in that there'll be a lot of mystery and fan speculation/theories surrounding it.
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she revisits it.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she did the right thing in scrapping the album. Run The World was inspired by Fela Kuti and most people think that's her worst song (it's amazing in a club). If she did a whole album, it would be songs obviously not exactly the same as Run The World, but songs in a similar vein. She did keep some slight Fela Kuti influences on the album, as you can hear them on tracks like Countdown and End Of Time. Going all out and doing an entire album influenced by Fela/afrobeats, while I'm sure would have been great, I don't think it would have appealed to enough people at all.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Interesting. Wonder if 'Standing On The Sun' was recorded for it? I'd also be interested to hear of any other scrapped album prior to the release of 'Beyonce' - I mean, she was everywhere in the first half of 2013. Sure seemed like there was supposed to be something put out earlier than December.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she revisits it.

There is probably a good chance she will when the time is right to release that material. In other words, when it may be more commercially viable so people will purchase I more. Also, she may get production alterations made to it.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'm still waiting for Beyonce to better "The Writing's On The Wall"
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for Beyonce to better "The Writing's On The Wall"

Haha omg somebody with the same thought as me though I think 4 and Beyoncé come close her other material is meh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Interesting for me Beyoncé was a great album not as wholly inventive as some believe but her most solid and interesting work to date. She is improving with each record and hopefully we get something as exciting as this scrapped project.

I agree with this. I was never much interested in Beyoncé aside from back in her Destiny's Child days and loving Crazy In Love and the 2013 surprise album was what made me realise what a talent she is. It's an amazing album from start to finish and I am really interested to see where she goes from here. Would love a new album of any sort from her soon.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    for me ... the first two albums were ok ...but had some great singles/hits

the true artistry came with 'i am...4 and Beyonce'

I adore the track 'grown woman' ... maybe this was from the afro-beat album .... and perhaps that direction would work next ...