Wonder Woman

Comments

• Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    yes all of DCEU films have performed well at the box office. just haters like to label them disastrous lol

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhnopleasenotthisagainaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!

Decent looking trailer, but to be honest the trailers for the previous DCEU films have all looked fairly good. Some were even great. If the tone of the film is right it will do well. Chris Pine should lend a nice level or humour and irreverence. My slight concern is the apparent lack of a strong villian, though. Oh, and that Warner execs don't authorise another hack-job in the editing room.
  • TheAngryGermanTheAngryGerman Posts: 1,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want this to be great but I won't hold my breath.
    Trailer looks good but as pointed out by others already, they always do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »

As with Doctor Strange, I thought Suicide Squad was well received?

You must be living under a rock.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original live action Wonder Woman didn't look anything like Lynda Carter or the comics version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvtlWmlMFU

The Crosby series based its look of the Wonder Woman at the time when the original WW comic character was going through a phase of WW/Diana Prince following an era of modern pop fashion mixed with the martial arts movement called 'mod karate era' (1968-1973). There was a complete revamp of WW at this time, even the first (DC Comics) cover during the changeover has the original WW handing over her traditional red, gold and blue costume in favour of her new look.

http://www.writeups.org/wonder-woman-mod-karate-dc-comics/

Cathy was playing the ORIGINAL character, but not in her original outfit. The makers of that series wanted Cathy to wear the traditional look but DC Comics refused them, saying the series had to reflect the new image and character of WW in the current comics (they obviously thought at the time that the red, blue, gold costume was old fashioned and from now on, this is how WW would look indefinitely).
    Diana Prince effectively became an Emma Peel type persona and when things got particularly tough, she transformed into that KarateGi suit during the martial arts trend, eg. Bruce Lee films.
    But there's no doubting Cathy played the original WW/Diana character. The series even had the Steve Trevor love interest.
  • Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the meantime, another nicely produced video from the Super Beat Down series, this time it's Wonder Woman Vs. Wolverine.
    The action starts around 4 minutes in, not for the squeamish as it's quite brutal in parts, especially if you've ever had the misfortune of spearing yourself in the foot with a garden fork or stood on an upright nail.
    Who will win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR0pREAUzaQ&t=3s
  • Calvin93Calvin93 Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I cannot wait for this. I think its going to be the game changer for DC/Warner
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calvin93 wrote: »
    I cannot wait for this. I think its going to be the game changer for DC/Warner
    :D:D:D

DC/Warner should own the copy right to this. It's pretty much become their tag-line.
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    :D:D:D

DC/Warner should own the copy right to this. It's pretty much become their tag-line.

Haha exactly, so far they've not done Superman, Batman (although Ben Affleck did great with what he was given) or Suicide Squad well at all.

This movie does actually show more potential than any of those aforementioned movies, to it's credit, but I'm still going to be cautious going into it.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More trails/spots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3SAcHjsY4Q

If the movie's even half as good as those it'll be a hit.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can she spin around tho ?
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of TV spots being released in the last few days. I want to allow myself to get excited but this is the DCEU...
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    edited 03/05/17 - 17:47 #63
    The more I see of this the LESS excited I get.

The first 2 trailers were brilliant I thought, but now that they've shone a bit more it looks like the same sort of "Save the entire world from some sort of giant enemy beam in the final showdown" only now they've interspersed it with some forced humour to differentiate it from the other DC movies.

*Hopefully* the trailers are mis-leading and the movie will be a lot better than theyre letting on, but my excitement has fallen a fair bit since seeing the first trailer and now my expectations aren't really anywhere particularly high.
  • PatsyStonePatsyStone Posts: 21,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this looks decent. I've always felt DC messed up by doing Batman vs Superman too early in the game and Superman - Man of Steel I thought was a great film let down by the awful Dawn Of Justice.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably moved from "not fussed" to "in two minds" with this. Gal Gadot is absurdly beautiful either way :smile:
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman but like most posters I'm slightly concerned that it won't live up to expectations!

I just wonder how it will go across with the general public as no film fans I know are looking forward to this film like they are with other films this summer!
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting concerned that this is going to make the same mistakes that MoS & BvS made, mainly that it'll be too serious and that the hero (or heroine) won't go on any sort of personal journey. She'll be Diana at the start and Wonder Woman at the end but the character will essentially be the same person at the start and end of the film. I think it'll be a box office success, possibly the biggest DCEU so far, but I have a feeling it's going to get the same sort of critical hammerring as the others.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    You really think that it will be serious like MoS and BVS?

Just because the trailers so far seem to indicate the complete opposite to that opinion

However trailers for films in the past can be misleading but I don't remember the trailers for MoS or BVS being lighthearted in their trailers!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • corecookecorecooke Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    God forbid a serious comic book film! We are all children after all.
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I think it will be better than Suicide Squad and BvS (the bar is so low how could it not?) but whether it will be good in its own right is a different matter. The world war sequences look great and the cinematography is gorgeous. Unlike JL trailer which looks like a nightmare. There actually seems to be some likeable heroic characters in this. But this is WB/DCEU. They always release fantastic trailers to terrible films so yeah my expectations are low.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Apparently Chris Pine has signed on for a multi-picture deal... Considering this is set during World War I, and (quite likely) we're likely to see Diana in the present from now on, I wonder how Steve Trevor is going to feature further down the line...
  • The AmazingThe Amazing Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of positive buzz on Twitter for this. Good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    corecooke wrote: »
    God forbid a serious comic book film! We are all children after all.

Serious and dire/boring is not the same thing.
    Serious films can still be enjoyable and fun.