Spice Girls (GEM) - Song For Her

2»

Comments

• intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    kenny12 wrote: »
    I guess I can now ask for the apologies from the users calling me a liar when I gave now irrefutably correct early information about Song For Her back in July...

I won't hold my breath!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2154998&page=2

And I will cheekily remind you of your post from page 4 of that thread :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=83163042&postcount=85

Seriously though, good early reveal!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I guess I can now ask for the apologies from the users calling me a liar when I gave now irrefutably correct early information about Song For Her back in July...

I won't hold my breath!

I believed you!! And told people to give you credit for what you were saying! :D
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how the song already has racked up almost 200,000 views on an unofficial youtube account after almost 2 days and it has mostly thumbs up.

They should just chuck it on to itunes and I bet it'd sell decent.
  • LafayetteLafayette Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Calvin93 wrote: »
    This is actually surprisingly really good!!

Hope that despite the leak it will still be released. I say this track is perfect for Eurovision. I wonder if they ever considered it?

Leaking has probably killed this song having an official release I think but I agree their team should have put this forward to the BBC for Eurovision. Its the right song length too so would have qualified.

Are they working on a whole album? if every song is the same quality as this they should have no problem finding another single to launch the comeback with.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    It's amazing how the song already has racked up almost 200,000 views on an unofficial youtube account after almost 2 days and it has mostly thumbs up.

They should just chuck it on to itunes and I bet it'd sell decent.

That's why I think it was a deliberate "leak". They could have it off Youtube in a flash, if they wanted to.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lafayette wrote: »
    Are they working on a whole album? if every song is the same quality as this they should have no problem finding another single to launch the comeback with.

I don't think they are working on a new album. Neither Emma, Geri, Mel B or Elliot Kennedy [Spice Girls main songwriter/producer] has mentioned working on an album or any other music apart from Song For Her. But then, if this song is a success then no doubt they'll work on more material.

Hate to say it though but as much as I do love this song, I don't think it'll go anywhere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sambda wrote: »
    That's why I think it was a deliberate "leak". They could have it off Youtube in a flash, if they wanted to.

I think you're right there. I was expecting it to have been removed and was surprised when I opened up the link and it was still there
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they are working on a new album. Neither Emma, Geri, Mel B or Elliot Kennedy [Spice Girls main songwriter/producer] has mentioned working on an album or any other music apart from Song For Her. But then, if this song is a success then no doubt they'll work on more material.

Hate to say it though but as much as I do love this song, I don't think it'll go anywhere

They are recording more new music ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are recording more new music ;-)

Well seeing as you were proven right about Song For Her, I believe you more this time lol. Are they working on an actual new album or are they just working on new singles to release?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well seeing as you were proven right about Song For Her, I believe you more this time lol. Are they working on an actual new album or are they just working on new singles to release?

They are recording new music that is planned for release in the near future... exactly how that will manifest itself is unknown to me, at the moment.

If I were a betting man, I would probably bet on an album. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I believed you!! And told people to give you credit for what you were saying! :D

I remember! And Appreciate that :-)

What do you think of Song For Her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are recording new music that is planned for release in the near future... exactly how that will manifest itself is unknown to me, at the moment.

well I am sorry for being skeptical about what you were saying in July but I just found it strange that someone on this forum had so much knowledge about stuff that no-one else knew. I do hope Song For Her is a hit for them as I genuinely love the song and hope they release more music :D
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is rather a derivative song but it is nice to hear their voices again (especially Emma and Mel B). Not having Screechy Spice's vocals over the end of it is quite the relief, actually.
  • LafayetteLafayette Posts: 50
    Forum Member

Geri's pregnant isn't she? I guess that rules out an album until at least late next year, I think this is the problem with this whole campaign. The music seems to be very good but the schedule is a mess and unless its sorted out none of this will lead anywhere. :(
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I won't hold my breath!

People called you a liar because you said at the time about announcements etc that never came to pass.

Why do certain 'fans' feel the need to brag about "secret information" etc anyway? Pffft
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People called you a liar because you said at the time about announcements etc that never came to pass.

Why do certain 'fans' feel the need to brag about "secret information" etc anyway? Pffft

No, people specifically said that I was lying about Song For Her.

At the time I posted earlier this year announcements were imminent, I was simply giving fans a heads up.

Unfortunately things became very complicated and messy soon after... but I am now simply pointing out the fact that the leaked song is exactly as I had said back in July to accusations of being a liar.

It's not bragging it's fulfilling the promise that I made to ask for an apology if and when the song was leaked/released. :)
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, people specifically said that I was lying about Song For Her.

At the time I posted earlier this year announcements were imminent, I was simply giving fans a heads up.

)

Maybe avoid the word 'imminent'....that was July, this is November ;-)
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it and I am glad that they are going in a different musical direction. And I am actually enjoying not having Mel C's screeching on their tracks and Mel B sound alright.

That said, I am slightly concerned they are relying on Emma's vocals a bit too much now there's only the three of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    17/06/2016:
    Song For Her sounds a little bit like Dynamite by Taio Cruz
    22/11/16:
    JamieHT wrote: »
    It's very catchy but not very Spicy. Hmmm. Parts of it sound like 'Dynamite.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    I like it and I am glad that they are going in a different musical direction. And I am actually enjoying not having Mel C's screeching on their tracks and Mel B sound alright.

That said, I am slightly concerned they are relying on Emma's vocals a bit too much now there's only the three of them.

Are you sure you're not confusing Geri and Emma's voices? They sound quite similar on record since Geri's vocal chord surgery. The lines are distributed pretty evenly. :)